Sign in to follow this  
booklet

Snodgrass and Fer

[quote user="Brightside"]Selling Fer now would be stupid. Need to wait until after the World Cup as his value will rise, especially if he gets game time. . [/quote]

Will his value rise if he doesn''t play?

What if he plays and he''s cr*p?

It''s worth the risk. He''s tied to a long deal and has realistic potential to play a key part in a team with realistic ambitions to do well in Brazil.

It''s not beyond the realms of possibility that Leroy Fer could get the winner in a world cup final! This is a massive stage for him to perform on and if it goes well and gets some money bags teams interested, we''ll be looking at £15m plus for him. At worst, he''ll still be worth £5-£10m

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The sale of Snodgrass would be incompatible with the club''s rhetoric of seeking promotion.[/quote]

Disagree with this entirely!

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Ultimately, it will be in Snodgrass'' hands whether he stays. How the club play the deal will demonstrate how much truth is in their rhetoric.[/quote]

Erm, no, its in the clubs hands, he is contracted to us, he will move if we allow him to.

Perhaps but how good are the Dutch if he''s made their squad? He wouldn''t get in the England squad.

Indy,

With respect pal, I don''t understand your logic saying you think the board would rather take 1-2 mil for Snod''s now rather than lose him on a free next summer! I think we''d happily let him go if keeping him was not another vital cog in the wheel towards promotion, but quite simply this is not the case - he''ll be a very important player for us, and the fact is the figures you stated are a nothing compared to keeping a vital player for another year in a vital season. And in any case, Snodgrass would quite likely stay if we got promoted next season - the spirit in the camp would surely be superb again.

Decent money offer, we may take it. But 1 or 2 million? Just wouldn''t happen barring Snodgrass forcing a move and he doesn''t strike me as that kind of bloke.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Considering we''ll lose a bit of that money to the tax man, i''m not interested. Fer business should wait until after the world cup and even then, we should really try our hardest to keep him and get him in the right frame of mind for next season. Unless we get £10m+ for just him, it''s a no deal. Snodgrass, 1 year left, probably only going to get £4m max for him which after the tax man and Leeds take their share, we''ll probs be left with £2m. I''d rather just keep Snodgrass a year and have a real go at it. If we lose him on a free, so be it. Only Celtic can talk to him in January and by then we''ll have a better idea if we''re going back up or not.[/quote] What tax? VAT, Stamp Duty........I suspect you don''t know what you are talking about? But of course, I could be wrong[/quote]

Clubs do have to pay tax, as with any other income they make. Although, I''m sure the accountants can make sure the payments are made in a way that tax is minimal.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim64115.htm

[/quote]

Nice link, but this income tax by the player not tax by the club. I don''t expect the club will pay tax on this unless it makes a profit in the Champs???

[quote user="Alex "]Indy, With respect pal, I don''t understand your logic saying you think the board would rather take 1-2 mil for Snod''s now rather than lose him on a free next summer! I think we''d happily let him go if keeping him was not another vital cog in the wheel towards promotion, but quite simply this is not the case - he''ll be a very important player for us, and the fact is the figures you stated are a nothing compared to keeping a vital player for another year in a vital season. And in any case, Snodgrass would quite likely stay if we got promoted next season - the spirit in the camp would surely be superb again. Decent money offer, we may take it. But 1 or 2 million? Just wouldn''t happen barring Snodgrass forcing a move and he doesn''t strike me as that kind of bloke.[/quote]

We will see, I''m not sure we have as some said an option on Snodders contract so come January he would be able to sort out his next move.

I don''t see who would pay more than a couple million for Snodders, he''s a good player but there are only a limited few clubs who might take a chance on Snodders, those who are just promoted, maybe Palace or Hull or Celtic.

I just can''t see it, as Redmond only cost a couple million!

I wait to see what happens.

I can''t see selling Snods for £1-2m. We don''t need the money and he hasn''t asked for a move. Royle came out definitely indicating that the management want him to stay. A big offer might change their mind, but not £1-2m.

GJP, no doubting he''s in there because of Strootmans injury. Imagine we had Gerrard, Barkley and Wilshere injured. We might start looking at the Tom Huddlestones of the world.

The Dutch have RVP, Sneijder and Robben in their line up. Anything is possible with class like that available

I''d imagine they will line up 5-3-2: Cillessen (yes they can keep Krul and Vorm on the bench) in goal then:

Janmaat, Vlaar, De Vrij, Blind, Martins Indi, Fer or De Guzman, De Jong, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie.

They have the likes of Kuyt, Lens and Depay there as well who are all good attacking options but they are a bit stuck for defensive minded midfielders.

It doesn''t really matter how big the clubs ambition is, if a club from a higher league comes in for a player and that player wants to move it will probably happen.

Look at our transfer dealings in the last few years, it was great being the bully and taking players from teams below us at decent fees because those players wanted to come to us. We''re still a fairly big fish, but theres 20 bigger ones above us and numerous ones abroad if they come calling.

You either convince the individual to buy in to a promotion chase and the idea of playing football with us at a higher level in the future, or you get the best money you can for him and let him move on.

Personally I''d be hugely surprised if Fer is still here at the end of the window, I think it will take some convincing to play football at the championship level if theres (i think inevitable) interest from clubs above us.

I think Snodgrass will either sign a new contract or leave, I think if the right club comes calling (probably Celtic), and he wants to go, we get the best price.

The rhetoric from the management team has been very clear, only players committed to playing for NCFC will be here.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]GJP, no doubting he''s in there because of Strootmans injury. Imagine we had Gerrard, Barkley and Wilshere injured. We might start looking at the Tom Huddlestones of the world.

The Dutch have RVP, Sneijder and Robben in their line up. Anything is possible with class like that available

I''d imagine they will line up 5-3-2: Cillessen (yes they can keep Krul and Vorm on the bench) in goal then:

Janmaat, Vlaar, De Vrij, Blind, Martins Indi, Fer or De Guzman, De Jong, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie.

They have the likes of Kuyt, Lens and Depay there as well who are all good attacking options but they are a bit stuck for defensive minded midfielders.[/quote]

RvP and Robben proving their class!