Sign in to follow this  
booklet

Snodgrass and Fer

I have it on good authority from a source with close connections to the club, whom I trust, that 2 premiership clubs, believed to be Newcastle and Sunderland, have both put in bids for Snodgrass and Fer in the region of 12 million.

Do you think we should sell at that price?

We''d be mad to consider any business on Fer til after the WC.

Snodders....... exiting, frustrating, gifted, infuriating, committed, greedy, match winner, penalty grabber. I wish we had two of him. keep one, sell the other.

Ultimately, it will be in Snodgrass'' hands whether he stays. How the club play the deal will demonstrate how much truth is in their rhetoric.

Both very good players. I''d let Snodgrass go but only to Celtic. Fer won''t want to stay I reckon but agree that we should wait til after the World Cup.

It''s nice not needing to sell, get proper fees for the talent.

Snodgrass

Only has 12 mths left on his contract, if he does not sign an extension this summer he needs to be sold to the highest bidder or he will leave on a free in 12 mths

Fer

Foreign mercenary, 3 year left on his contract, no loyalty to Norwich, keep if we can but if an exceptional offer comes in - sell and reinvest the proceeds in new blood

When looking at this situation with 2 of our stars, dewy eyed glasses need to be put away, The clubs decision on what happens needs to be based on pureley a financial transaction, nothing else

That price each or for the pair?? Probably a little light for both but at the tempting stage

If we have an extension on snoddys contract I am sure we will enforce it or use it to increase transfer fee. Want him to stay but we can get promoted without him

[quote user="Newton"]Fer Foreign mercenary, 3 year left on his contract, no loyalty to Norwich, keep if we can but if an exceptional offer comes in - sell and reinvest the proceeds in new blood [/quote]

Based on numbskulls in your head regarding loyalty? You really are stupid and up there with Wiz. He can only be evaluated after the World Cup.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Both very good players. I''d let Snodgrass go but only to Celtic. Fer won''t want to stay I reckon but agree that we should wait til after the World Cup.

It''s nice not needing to sell, get proper fees for the talent.[/quote]

...Not needing to sell or not being forced to sell!

newton they are both Foreign mercenarys

you cant brand one with that stigma and not the other

If this were true but I very much doubt it both could easily be replaced for that kind of money.

From the players side, Snodders deserves his chance and it does look like Celtic might be a good match for him. Anything around £3-4 million would be a great deal, but as he is in his last year I thinkwe are more likely to take £1-2 million for him, I doubt our owners would like t see a Tom Ince - Blackpool senario.

As for Fer, in all reality he''s a cut above this division and although didn''t show it last season, a move away is predictable (I would love him to stay) and I''m sure there are clubs who would consider paying £7-8 million for a young dutch international midfielder.

If it was true that we could get 12 million for the pair it''s a no brainer, we have Bennett fit for next year, Murphy & Redmond with another years experience under their belt and not to mention Surman & Pilks on our books who in this division are class.

Can we keep Tettey and use him alongsde Howson? We do still have a quality midfield without these two.

Indy, what planet did you wake up on this morning. We bought Snoody for close to £4M when he has one year on his contract, why has his value dropped so dramatically in your eyes following his successful seasons in the prem, where he has proven, statistically and visually, a very good premier league attacking player?

Selling players like these two on the cheap and not replacing them with similar quality can only mean we area accepting mid-table Championship mediocrity.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Indy, what planet did you wake up on this morning. We bought Snoody for close to £4M when he has one year on his contract, why has his value dropped so dramatically in your eyes following his successful seasons in the prem, where he has proven, statistically and visually, a very good premier league attacking player?[/quote]

Well threefold really:

1, we paid around £2.6-2.8 millin for Snodders.

2, he is free to talk with any club in January, so we could have a Snodders who has his eye on the next move for 6 month''s and a Snodders who knows where he is going after January and won''t want to get any serious injury, so will he be as committed to our cause this year if he is focused on a move away?

3, we got relegated and regardless of what the board say about not having to sell players and that might be the case, it''s only logical that the board need to look to get the best deals for this club. Allowing Snodders to go for free would be a hit the board I don''t think will be happy to take.

It''s not that I don''t think Snodders isn''t worth 4-5-6 million I just don''t think we can get that for him.

We will see.

I think having him go for free is a risk we probably can take unless someone offers us silly money this season. If he helps us get up then if he walks for free it won''t matter too much financially.

However if the offer referred to by the OP is £12m each (rather than for the pair) then that would clearly be a good offer.

Selling Fer now would be stupid. Need to wait until after the World Cup as his value will rise, especially if he gets game time.

Snodgrass has one year left on his contract and it will be a gamble to keep him. He needs sounding out and if he commits to us then we should keep him. He does a lot wrong and is frustrating at times but this is outweighed by the things he does right and if he is committed to us then he will be a key player that we would find hard to replace.

I may be stood to be corrected but I think the clubs stance on options for an extra year is a one way street,   if we exercise it it happens;   I dont think we do face the risk of losing snoddy in Jan so the risk of a lower value happens next summer not this.

Grabban was c£3m with no prem experience;  snoddy is a proven international, has  prem experience and the same age.   I dont see us not getting £4m+ from a prem club in the current market which is inflated further from sky money.

As I said earlier £12m is probably the very lower limit for both,  add another million and its going to be very difficult to say no.

[quote user="booklet"]I have it on good authority from a source with close connections to the club, whom I trust, that 2 premiership clubs, believed to be Newcastle and Sunderland, have both put in bids for Snodgrass and Fer in the region of 12 million. Do you think we should sell at that price?[/quote]

Utter bilge..........next. [:|]

With a year left on his contract I would have thought £6m would be a fairer valuation of Snodgrass.  Fer £6m too - didn''t we pay £4.5m for him?  So a combined figure of £12m might be about right.

Considering we''ll lose a bit of that money to the tax man, i''m not interested. Fer business should wait until after the world cup and even then, we should really try our hardest to keep him and get him in the right frame of mind for next season. Unless we get £10m+ for just him, it''s a no deal.

Snodgrass, 1 year left, probably only going to get £4m max for him which after the tax man and Leeds take their share, we''ll probs be left with £2m. I''d rather just keep Snodgrass a year and have a real go at it. If we lose him on a free, so be it. Only Celtic can talk to him in January and by then we''ll have a better idea if we''re going back up or not.

I genuinely believe Snoddy would tear up the Championship. He is our best player on his day and is more than likely to have less off days in the Championship, where he will be more suited to the physical nature of the division than any of our other wide options. If keeping Snoddy and losing him on a free in the summer means getting promoted then that is the option I would take. We know Snoddy is a 110% man. He will give that effort regardless of where he will be playing his football a year down the line, so I don''t have any worries about him ''lacking interest/effort/enthusiasm''. He certainly didn''t at the end of the season.

Also, if we are top of the league in January then will he really want to leave? It would put us in a good bargaining position and you may just find he signs a new contract, perhaps with a non-promotion release clause. One year left or not, Snoddy will be integral to the success of this football club next season and if someone wants him a year earlier then I would expect a real big money offer.

Regarding Fer, he will more than likely not feature in the World Cup, so I don''t think it matters a great deal when we look at offers for him. That said, the World Cup isn''t likely to do his value any real detriment, so waiting may very well be the sensible option. He has 3 years left on his contract and is one, like RVW, that we could loan out to a top-flight club with a view to bringing back should we go up. That would preserve his value too. I can''t see any point in selling for less than an 8 figure sum. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Considering we''ll lose a bit of that money to the tax man, i''m not interested. Fer business should wait until after the world cup and even then, we should really try our hardest to keep him and get him in the right frame of mind for next season. Unless we get £10m+ for just him, it''s a no deal.

Snodgrass, 1 year left, probably only going to get £4m max for him which after the tax man and Leeds take their share, we''ll probs be left with £2m. I''d rather just keep Snodgrass a year and have a real go at it. If we lose him on a free, so be it. Only Celtic can talk to him in January and by then we''ll have a better idea if we''re going back up or not.[/quote]

What tax? VAT, Stamp Duty........I suspect you don''t know what you are talking about?

But of course, I could be wrong

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Considering we''ll lose a bit of that money to the tax man, i''m not interested. Fer business should wait until after the world cup and even then, we should really try our hardest to keep him and get him in the right frame of mind for next season. Unless we get £10m+ for just him, it''s a no deal. Snodgrass, 1 year left, probably only going to get £4m max for him which after the tax man and Leeds take their share, we''ll probs be left with £2m. I''d rather just keep Snodgrass a year and have a real go at it. If we lose him on a free, so be it. Only Celtic can talk to him in January and by then we''ll have a better idea if we''re going back up or not.[/quote] What tax? VAT, Stamp Duty........I suspect you don''t know what you are talking about? But of course, I could be wrong[/quote]

Clubs do have to pay tax, as with any other income they make. Although, I''m sure the accountants can make sure the payments are made in a way that tax is minimal.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim64115.htm

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Considering we''ll lose a bit of that money to the tax man, i''m not interested. Fer business should wait until after the world cup and even then, we should really try our hardest to keep him and get him in the right frame of mind for next season. Unless we get £10m+ for just him, it''s a no deal.

Snodgrass, 1 year left, probably only going to get £4m max for him which after the tax man and Leeds take their share, we''ll probs be left with £2m. I''d rather just keep Snodgrass a year and have a real go at it. If we lose him on a free, so be it. Only Celtic can talk to him in January and by then we''ll have a better idea if we''re going back up or not.[/quote]

What tax? VAT, Stamp Duty........I suspect you don''t know what you are talking about?

But of course, I could be wrong[/quote]

Its ok, any tax demand on the sale of Snodgrass would be held up, delayed and only delivered after it was too late to matter......