Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Wants Out... Again

By all accounts Wes did ok against Portugal. He got 7/10 from the Daily Star (Ireland) up with ''keeper Forde. They were impressed by his work-rate and ball winning. I wasn''t, I''ve seen him do it plenty of times for us, I actually thought he could have done better. Went missing completely in the second half... but I digress...

Wes does well for Eire because O''Neill has built the team around him. He is the focal point of everything they do now. From a Norwich perspective, as good as he is, I don''t think we can afford to build a team around Wes when we have so many talented wide men. The championship is a ''two up top'' division, and I don''t even think Wes would be our number 1 choice for the ''tip of the diamond'' position anymore. I''d love Wes to stay, but if I''m honest it''s mostly out of sentimentality because I wouldn''t play the diamond formation.

The second anyone refers to Twitter as a bad source of information I immediately switch off.

They either don''t have a Twitter account or just don''t generally agree with people having access to real time news and information. That''s the bottom line.

Don''t disrespect something you either don''t understand or don''t want to understand.

Whilst this Tweet isn''t ''proof'' - it''s a pretty clear indication that Wes Hoolahan was in a bar, talking to a Villa fan. Possibly about a move to Villa.

So he was in a bar in Dublin, he did meet a Villa fan. These look like pretty clear facts.

It also says in the tweet, if anyone bothered to look before banging the Wes out drum, that he said he was hoping for a move to Villa.

So he was hoping for one, in January presumably.

Even a Villa fan can presumably understand the concept of the past tense in grammar and would have said he IS hoping for a move if thats what Wes was implying?

We already know he was looking for a move there in Jan, why beat Wes with a stick about something we already know, I''ll wait and see if we get any new indications he wants to leave.

IMO, Monty is pointing out the kind of misunderstanding that can happen with Twitter, Nicko. It''s not a criticism of Twitter, but the fact that anybody can post anything without any means of checking it''s veracity. I actually like Twitter, because it''s often faster than other sources, but it can be abused in the same way that blogs or newspaper articles can (if there''s nothing to say, make something up!).

Hoolahan was desperate to move to Villa in January, is there really anybody who believes he now wants to remain at Norwich if the Villa move is still possible ? He would jump at the chance its probably his last chance to play in the top flight , we should have replaced him with better in January lets hope we finally do this summer .

Playing in the Premiership under a manager who uses and respects you with bigger wages or sitting on a bench for a Championship club? Frankly if Wes wanted to stay with us I''d want to check his pulse. Wes didn''t have to play every single game last season but he was criminally underused. Don''t blame him if he did want to go and can never understand people who ''hate'' players who move away from us (e.g. Ashton, Bellamy, Klingon)

He''s given the best years of his career to us, and didn''t jump ship when we dropped into League 1 - so fair play to him.

If he wants to go now, I wish he would just put in a transfer request and get on with it.

[quote user="percy varco"]Best he f{ck off then. Bye. Wes who?[/quote]

Best you ... as well - percy farco

If there''s a better club for him to run round in circles to get the ball onto his left foot before giving the ball away, good luck to him.

This has nothing to do with playing for villa

this has a lot to do with one last payday and can we blame him not one of us would turn down a nice signing on fee at his age