Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Bring back Hamilton

Can no one remember the beautiful passing football we played under this mans sadly all to short reign. The quality signing that he brought in the club will always take some beating. If only he''d stayed maybe we would be challenging for the Premiership title this season and would have signed Michael Owen by now.

Just to highlight somepeoples short term memory loss. I agree that Worthington has his faults but how much better are we now than when Hopeless Hamilton was in charge. Lets just sit back and take a look at where we are in comparison. I don''t know about the rest of you but I am far less concerned than I was 5 years ago.

Fair point well made. Exemplified by the old chetnut of Green vs Marshall.Having said that, it''s not exactly time to be resting on our laurels! Maybe it''s harsh judgement to expect another title from Worthy''s men this season, but we''re some way from even the play-offs on current form...

Good point Rasputin.

I wonder how many people recall who made the decision to:

a) bring him to the club

b) make him manager

And Delia Smith has ''never, ever, done anything to apologise for ever'' (so 99% of NCFC fans will have you believe). Really? 

[quote]Can no one remember the beautiful passing football we played under this mans sadly all to short reign. The quality signing that he brought in the club will always take some beating. If only he''d staye...[/quote]

Don''t want to say it Rasputin but some time down the road there may be a note along the lines of:

"Can no one remember the beautiful passing football we played under Worthy''s reign and how we capitulated to our fate and sealed our relegation with that woeful showing at Fulham on the last day of the Premiership season. The quality signings that he brought to the club will always be remembered, for their inability to adapt, their falling out with the manager and their playing in positions they were completely unfamiliar with. If only he''d stayed maybe we would have bounced straight back at the first attempt, but it''s all water under the bridge now."

At least if he was still manager we wouldn''t be going through the Ashton saga...Hamilton only bought players that nobody had heard of and wanted even less!!