Sign in to follow this  
#

Please boycott watching the World Cup.

[quote user="Buh"]Platini has made his feelings clear on FIFA and blather today I know platini is as bent as a two bob note but surely a UEFA lead European breakaway would kill FIFA attract all the sponsors and at least stand a chance at a cleaner way forward? Anything has to be better than the current situation[/quote]

I believe a HUZZAH is in order here. [Y]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m punishing myself by listening to Andy Townsend''s punditry.

[/quote]

I didn''t ask anyone to go that far!

Furthermore, I believe most World Cup games are fixed, purely to earn mega money from gullible gamblers backing their silly hunches with global bookmakers.........and all sanctioned under the FIFA banner.

[quote user="Wiz"]Furthermore, I believe most World Cup games are fixed, purely to earn mega money from gullible gamblers backing their silly hunches with global bookmakers.........and all sanctioned under the FIFA banner.[/quote]

As the competition progresses we''ll find out just how evil FIFA are, todays story about them getting an exclusivity deal for all the sunbeds and parasolls on Copa Cabana beach is shocking, what next! 

It seems that they missed a trick and forgot the Pedalo''s, Sepp Blatter ordered a full inquiry, the outcome is the ban from FIFA activities placed on Franz Beckanbauer.

[quote user="Herman "]Can we boycott it now?[/quote]

A few of us already have Herman, its a morally bankrupt tournament anyway.

Herman wrote the following post at 15/06/2014 8:42 AM:

Can we boycott it now?

------------------------------------------------------------

Better wait until after the Uruguay game

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You could call the whole sport morally bankrupt Wiz. You going to boycott football full stop? Go on.[/quote]

Believe me GP, last season pushed me prettyclose!

Lol.

Last season wasn''t even close the worst i''ve seen and i''ve only been supporting Norwich/watching football for 14 years.

Seriously Wiz, you just don''t help yourself do you.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lol. Last season wasn''t even close the worst i''ve seen and i''ve only been supporting Norwich/watching football for 14 years. Seriously Wiz, you just don''t help yourself do you.[/quote]

I wasn''t referring to Norwich GP!..........just the Premier league in general.

[quote user="Wiz"]Believe me GP, last season pushed me prettyclose![/quote]Should have pushed you further....http://kindertrauma.com/images/misc/wheels/wheel12.jpg    [;)] [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lol. Last season wasn''t even close the worst i''ve seen and i''ve only been supporting Norwich/watching football for 14 years. Seriously Wiz, you just don''t help yourself do you.[/quote]

I wasn''t referring to Norwich GP!..........just the Premier league in general.

[/quote]Would that be the most open and exciting title race in years that got your goat?

[quote user="Wiz"]

Yet more ''anti'' demonstrations today/night in Rio, good on them I say.

And that''s despite winning!

[/quote]

You want demonstrations/riots because of the World Cup being there? Sad b.......

As I asked earlier, you really do hate football, don''t you! Never anything positive about the sport, nor the teams you support

A claim by the most morally bankrupt poster on this board that the world cup is morally bankrupt, what next?He also gets very confused about the nature of the protest, they are protesting about the state of the country, after an economic boom Brazil''s prosperity has benefitted the rich and powerful, the poor who needed better healthcare, housing and education have seen no benefit. Now that Brazil''s economy is no longer booming the poor who feel that they have been ignored are using the world cup as a focal point for thier protests, how else are they going to get maximum publicity?After the world cup is over these protests will continue and the protesters will use the Olympics as thier focal point again for maximum publicity. After the Olympics are over the protests will continue but the worlds media will probably ignore them as there''s no back story for them to hang it on.I suppose the protests might stop if the Brazilian government had used thier economic boom to benefit the poor of thier country but the rich got richer and the poor got ignored, but then again some people will always find something to moan about.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]
A claim by the most morally bankrupt poster on this board that the world cup is morally bankrupt, what next?

He also gets very confused about the nature of the protest, they are protesting about the state of the country, after an economic boom Brazil''s prosperity has benefitted the rich and powerful, the poor who needed better healthcare, housing and education have seen no benefit. Now that Brazil''s economy is no longer booming the poor who feel that they have been ignored are using the world cup as a focal point for thier protests, how else are they going to get maximum publicity?
After the world cup is over these protests will continue and the protesters will use the Olympics as thier focal point again for maximum publicity. After the Olympics are over the protests will continue but the worlds media will probably ignore them as there''s no back story for them to hang it on.
I suppose the protests might stop if the Brazilian government had used thier economic boom to benefit the poor of thier country but the rich got richer and the poor got ignored, but then again some people will always find something to moan about.

[/quote]

I can assure the aptly named poster I''m not.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''d say mocking the loss of somebody''s beloved pet is pretty morally bankrupt.[/quote]

As it was all true there was no mocking.............next.

If football is a religion, and (as Marx said)

religion is the opium of the people,

then football is the opium of the people,

so please, please please, boycott football!

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If football is a religion, and (as Marx said) religion is the opium of the people, then football is the opium of the people, so please, please please, boycott football![/quote]

Even if I did, I wouldn''t boycott the Pink Un................[:D]

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]More''s the pity[/quote]

As the purpose of this thread has now been ruined and deviated by the usual crew into wiz baiting and bashing I''ll leave this thread alone, well done to all concerned for totally ruining yet another thread on here.

Take a bow... Debate 0 Plebs 100. [:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If football is a religion, and (as Marx said) religion is the opium of the people, then football is the opium of the people, so please, please please, boycott football![/quote]

Even if I did, I wouldn''t boycott the Pink Un................[:D][/quote]

You''ve done it several times before Wiz! [:D]