Sign in to follow this  
#

Please boycott watching the World Cup.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes Wiz I have. Like I said I just searched on google. Only articles about match fixing in Japan are about how it was disproven. Go have a look for yourself and please please please if you are going to stick with your statement find me at least five different media outlets saying there have been lots of match fixing going on in Japan. Because basically you''ve just made something up to suit yourself.[/quote]

Yes, it was disproven GP, but the racism was proved.

[img]http://www.japantrends.com/japan-trends/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/urawa-reds-japanese-only-soccer-football-racism-xenophobia.jpg[/img]

Now back to the threads subject please.

[/quote]

And the fans responsible were banned for life and the stadium closed for the team''s next home game. I don''t see how this relates to the potential corruption of the Japanese ref in the game last night to be honest. Which was the orginial point you made...

why not send them an email Jimbo and ask for the banner to be taken downyou are quite good at that aren''t you ?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes Wiz I have. Like I said I just searched on google. Only articles about match fixing in Japan are about how it was disproven. Go have a look for yourself and please please please if you are going to stick with your statement find me at least five different media outlets saying there have been lots of match fixing going on in Japan. Because basically you''ve just made something up to suit yourself.[/quote]

Yes, it was disproven GP, but the racism was proved.

[img]http://www.japantrends.com/japan-trends/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/urawa-reds-japanese-only-soccer-football-racism-xenophobia.jpg[/img]

Now back to the threads subject please.

[/quote]

And the fans responsible were banned for life and the stadium closed for the team''s next home game. I don''t see how this relates to the potential corruption of the Japanese ref in the game last night to be honest. Which was the orginial point you made...

[/quote]

Err, to be fair Bethnal, its not just me saying it. [:|]

[quote user="lappinitup"]http://s13.postimg.org/eqo7y2umv/20140517_143720_resized.jpg[/quote]

will there be subtitles ?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

With their respective human rights "records" we should probably not be watching in Russia in four years time and certainly not Qatar in 2022.

China will get it one day. So there''s another out of the window.

Are there any "nice" countries out there who can get it in 2026 and leave us all free to watch it with a clear conscience? New Zealand? Republic of Ireland? Canada?

[/quote]

The choice of Russia is just obscene for so many reasons, surely proof of FIFA''s corrupt regime.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

With their respective human rights "records" we should probably not be watching in Russia in four years time and certainly not Qatar in 2022.

China will get it one day. So there''s another out of the window.

Are there any "nice" countries out there who can get it in 2026 and leave us all free to watch it with a clear conscience? New Zealand? Republic of Ireland? Canada?

[/quote]

The choice of Russia is just obscene for so many reasons, surely proof of FIFA''s corrupt regime.

[/quote]

When are you going to explain to us that it''s OK for you to break the law but not anyone else?

The penalty yesterday was similar to what was awarded against City vs. Palace away. Minimal contact, player goes down readily, eagle-eye ref points at the spot. It was a shame though. The disallowed goal seemed to be a good from some angles but obstruction from others, so it seems to be a right call (especially since the goal was shot welll after the whistle went and Brazilian players stopped). Home nations usually get support from refs (whether its a directive or not) -- remember the long march of South Korea in 2002!

As to boycotting the world cup - what''s the point?

Last Euros were hosted by the Ukraine which seemed to be a happier nation at the time than they are now -- on the brink of (or in the middle of) a civil war...

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]The penalty yesterday was similar to what was awarded against City vs. Palace away. Minimal contact, player goes down readily, eagle-eye ref points at the spot. It was a shame though. The disallowed goal seemed to be a good from some angles but obstruction from others, so it seems to be a right call (especially since the goal was shot welll after the whistle went and Brazilian players stopped). Home nations usually get support from refs (whether its a directive or not) -- remember the long march of South Korea in 2002!

Last Euros were hosted by the Ukraine which seemed to be a happier nation at the time than they are now -- on the brink of (or in the middle of) a civil war...[/quote]it allows the troll more attention

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]The penalty yesterday was similar to what was awarded against City vs. Palace away. Minimal contact, player goes down readily, eagle-eye ref points at the spot. It was a shame though. The disallowed goal seemed to be a good from some angles but obstruction from others, so it seems to be a right call (especially since the goal was shot welll after the whistle went and Brazilian players stopped). Home nations usually get support from refs (whether its a directive or not) -- remember the long march of South Korea in 2002!

Last Euros were hosted by the Ukraine which seemed to be a happier nation at the time than they are now -- on the brink of (or in the middle of) a civil war...[/quote]it allows the troll more attention[/quote]

Funny how it appears that the one who goes around accusing people of trolling the most, is actually the one doing most of the trolling.  

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]So Wiz Thinks that if I switch off my TV during a World Cup match, even tho'' I''m still paying for it, it''s gonna change the world ?
Do you promise to boycott the whole of the World Cup ?
[/quote]

Yes I do Swindon, the corruption and injustice sickens me.

When I started this thread I expected the usual insults from some posters, fine, laugh it up, meanwhile men, women and children in Brazil are starving and homeless for the sake of football, I am indeed blessed I''ve never met you all in my life.

[/quote]

Men, women and children are starving and homeless because you watched an illegal football stream last season.

[/quote]

to be fair, it''s not illegal to watch a stream... unless I am mistaken and you can provide a link to a law that shows it is?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Men, women and children are starving and homeless because you watched an illegal football stream last season.

to be fair, it''s not illegal to watch a stream... unless I am mistaken and you can provide a link to a law that shows it is?

[/quote]

And to be fair TCC states its the stream (ie broadcast) that was illegal,  not the watching of it..

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]The penalty yesterday was similar to what was awarded against City vs. Palace away. Minimal contact, player goes down readily, eagle-eye ref points at the spot. It was a shame though. The disallowed goal seemed to be a good from some angles but obstruction from others, so it seems to be a right call (especially since the goal was shot welll after the whistle went and Brazilian players stopped). Home nations usually get support from refs (whether its a directive or not) -- remember the long march of South Korea in 2002!

Last Euros were hosted by the Ukraine which seemed to be a happier nation at the time than they are now -- on the brink of (or in the middle of) a civil war...[/quote]it allows the troll more attention

[/quote]

[:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]So Wiz Thinks that if I switch off my TV during a World Cup match, even tho'' I''m still paying for it, it''s gonna change the world ?
Do you promise to boycott the whole of the World Cup ?
[/quote]

Yes I do Swindon, the corruption and injustice sickens me.

When I started this thread I expected the usual insults from some posters, fine, laugh it up, meanwhile men, women and children in Brazil are starving and homeless for the sake of football, I am indeed blessed I''ve never met you all in my life.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ted Shapiro, partner at media law firm Wiggin, says: "When watching sport from an illegal source, there is a good possibility that the courts would find that illegal. But it''s something that is still being adjudicated."

He says although the Premier League is unlikely to go after individuals, it will continue to crack down on companies that illegally stream its matches.

The Premier League says the only way to legally watch a live match online is when you watch via an official rights holder, such as Sky or BT.

Knowing it''s illegal and watching it makes you part of the crime.

A few fans with "Japanese Only" banner in English.

Wow Wiz, you really do have a lot a hate about anything and everything.

Do you really like/love football at all or just like feking well moaning about it all the time???? You have to question if you like the sport or not? I doubt you do!!!

" he penalty yesterday was similar to what was awarded against City vs. Palace away. Minimal contact, player goes down readily, eagle-eye ref points at the spot. It was a shame though."

Deja vu all over again eh - that was never a penalty.... the ref''s have had a terrible start to this competition, a couple of shocking decisions in the Mexico game too.

I thought it was a penalty tbh, the defender went down for no reason and left his trailing leg, catching de costa, can''t really argue with that imo

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Route one.[/quote]

It''s the best route sometimes.

Netherlands just killing Spain on the counter-attack. Spain have always played a high-line to beter facilitate their pressing and passing and it''s always been theorised that if you could play the football quick enough then you could profit massively. Spain''s presesing has usually been so good (and thir opponents so technically poor) that the opposition have rarely been able to counter-well.
The Dutch, with there good technique, and the pace of Ajren Robben and movement of RVP have destroyed Spain. 

If nothing else the performance of the Italian with the whistle should kill off the idea that the best referees necessarily come from the big footballing nations.