Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

Free scoring strikers

These are the statistics for our strikers before signing for Norwich.

Beccio 190 games 75 goals. 2.5 games per goal

RvW 55 games 28 goals. 1.9 games per goal

Hooper 95 games. 63 goals. 1.5 games per goal.

Grabban 87 games 35 goals. 2.4 games per goal.

Average 2.12 games per goal.

After signing

Beccio 11 games 0 goals.

RvW 25 games 1 goal. 25 games per goal

Hooper 32 games 6 goals. 5.3 games per goal.

Average 9.7 games per goal

If we can get the best out this crop of strikers we should be banging them in this season. There is a huge amount of potential there.

Personally I think at least one of Rvw or Hooper will be off, so I would be doing everything I can to sign Rhodes. I would just stump up the $10 million. It is very rare to find a big man that scores as many goals as he does. As well as him being very young and his value only going to go up. I am also a firm believer that (unless you are arsenal or man ute) you need a target man to hit long to.

I would concentrate more on the midfield and improving that  - the supply lines, the passing, movement, the holding on to the ball once we get possession, accurate and early crosses, stretching defences, pace on the wings, etc etc will be what we need to focus on.  Get the team playing well throughout and with confidence and we will score plenty.  No-one was scoring goals last season, hardly any from midfield (apart from you know who), hardly any from defenders at corners, etc.   Yes we need another striker, but may not mneed to spend that kind of money.  How about Nugent?   Never really made it in the prem, but got 20 goals for Leicester last season and his contract has finished and as far as I''m aware is a free agent......unless anyone knows different....

I think that we may need one more striker, unless RvW and Hooper stop. Becchio I can''t make up my mind about - clearly Hughton and Adams did not really have a high opinion.

We need more creativity in the midfield, or better creativity, but we should be able to count on them for a few goals. Last season, forgetting Snodgrass and Fer, the midfield scoring was a little low. Redmond will need to steady himself, Howson find his scoring boots again, and Bennett and Murphy score some.

Ditto the back four. Their scoring last season was also under par. Collectively, how many did they score - probably less than five.

I lack the data. If Anonomoose has the time, perhaps he could comment on the midfield less Snodgrass and the defence, and their scoring. My impression is that neither Martin nor Whittaker scored . I remember Ryan Bennett scoring a vital goal, but did Bassong or Turner?

Becchio would get more stuck in than the others, remember when Mickey Nelson knocked him out?! Who in the right mind would try head a ball that Mickey Nelson was about to boot into row z?! That''s the sort of commitment our strikers are going to need to give us if we''re going to mount a promotion charge!

Redo those stats and work it out on a goal per chances statistic and the real issue will be far more evident.