Sign in to follow this  

Yobo is on the bench for Nigeria tonight by the surprise of a few people.

I was hoping we would sighn him permanent as feel he is better than all our current CB''s

No thanks. Not what we need in our current situation, only came so he could play games so he get in WC squad, once the WC is over probably be happy to go back sitting on bench at Fenerbahce on his £40k+ a week.

A centre half pairing of Bennett & Turner should be more than good enough for the championship.

3 off the top of my head hull, arsenal and west ham. But they are reckless defenders not what you need at the heart of your defence not good enough for the prem borderline for the championship.

Yobo was pretty decent in the games he had for us in general, just has no where near the fitness for a grueling championship season.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]3 off the top of my head hull, arsenal and west ham. But they are reckless defenders not what you need at the heart of your defence not good enough for the prem borderline for the championship.[/quote]

Last season we conceded a penalty to Hull.  It was pretty soft - if pens were given for that sort of challenge all the time you''d have two or three per game.

We didn''t concede penalties to West Ham or Arsenal last season.

Why do people think signing old players is the way forward?

Yobo did ok last season for us but surely you would want younger and hungry players?

For us, where has signing older mercenary type players either on loan or permanent ever worked for us?