Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

£5million bid for McCormack submitted

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Woohoo it should be us!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-5m-bid-Leeds-United-star/story-21232275-detail/story.html[/quote]

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey  Â·  2m

Leeds have received a bid for Ross McCormack - the first of

the summer. Fulham are the bidders. Other clubs are set to bid over the

weekend.[/quote]

[quote user="nulli secundus"]It''s Fulham apparently.

Source. SkyBet Championship[/quote]

I''m shocked. [:S]

Seen nothing from McCormack (other than a few nice free kicks) that suggests he is particularly different to Hooper. As such I would rather try keep Hoops if possible, keeping the money for other areas.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="morty"]

I hope it us that has made the bid, not only because he is a good player, but to continue teh feeder club hilarity. Every Leeds fan I know now hates us lol.

[/quote]I concur. Purely for the comedy aspect, it would be hilarious.Plus I''m utterly convinced that we will see the first ever reported cases of human beings actually exploding. Mostly in the Leeds area. [:D][/quote]Every time I discuss this with Leeds friends, and I suck air in my teeth and say "Well, you can understand them leaving to play for a bigger club" I swear it looks like they want to cry.[:D]

''''Every time I discuss this with Leeds friends, and I suck air in my teeth and say "Well, you can understand them leaving to play for a bigger club" I swear it looks like they want to cry.''''

Same here Mort, there''s loads of Leeds fans round here for some reason and winding them up is super sport.

[quote user="morty"]

I hope it us that has made the bid, not only because he is a good player, but to continue teh feeder club hilarity. Every Leeds fan I know now hates us lol.

[/quote]

I see it as the complete opposite, embarrassing!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Find this Leeds obsession strange. We keep getting Leeds players, but where are they? Yes, the championship........and where are we?.........[/quote]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDEW5wBI4feGmEOctsvKP0TZfgsGdaJtzNg8jyBRJOvaXdE-ru4w

Well that''s disappointing :P Not only is he a great player at this level it would p1ss so many Leeds fans off. WACCOE becomes hysterical every time we sign one of their players but aside from McCormack I wouldn''t want any of their other players. We have to sign our obligatory Leeds player this window so I hope we''re one of the other clubs bidding this weekend!

Of the Leeds players I am only interested in Sam Byram, great prospect and only one better than we have

McCormack isn''t just a striker though; he can also play in the Wes role or the Huckerby/Snoddy one. If Snods, Pilks and/or Reds all head for the hills we''re only left with Benno and the Murphies - or whatever the plural of Murphy is

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Of the Leeds players I am only interested in Sam Byram, great prospect and only one better than we have[/quote]

^ this, great player! injury last season may have cost him his big move!

Now the talk is of him going for £7-9 million. If we can get £4 million for RVW (unlikely) it would be worth spending the money, not just to bolster our own attack but to deprive our rivals of next season''s likely top scorer.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 15/06/2014 11:53 AM:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-eye-leeds-striker-ross-3695404

--------------------------------------------------------------

bl00dy hell, peter grant

22/05/2014, 11:15 AM

Norwich bid for Ross McCormack

This is the type of player we need

27 Years of age , scored 29 goals last season in total, 28 in the League - in a poor Leeds team that only scored 59 & finished 15th,

With the right bid (£8/9M) he would surely jump at the chance to join a team that stands a good chance of getting back into the Prem at the first attempt (on 2nd May he was quoted as saying he wants to play in the Prem and be a regular in the Scottish team)

A substantial upgrade on what we have (Hoops & Wolf) and a proven Champ goal scorer. I am fed up hearing how these 2 will score a hatful in the champs - please dont tell me we will wait till Christmas to see how it goes upfront, by then it could be too late. We have to hit the ground running from the start not wait for people to get there confidence back.

Wolf certainly wont cut the mustard and will Hooper work hard enough for the team ?

Posted this on 22nd May and was abused by all blue tinted internet supporters who were championing the wolf

Odd isn''t it - wake up u idiots get real - this is how much u have to pay for a proven goal scorer at this level (we paid similar sum for a second rate Wolf who scored a few in a league 2 standard division in Portugal)

Kangaroo Court nice to hear from one of the few people on here with some sense

[quote user="Paul101"]Averaged 0.32 goals per game the whole time he has been at leeds[/quote]so is that a yes or no?

Decent enough player at championship level but McCormack is certainly not an upgrade on Hooper.

Absence from this division seems to make players we are familiar with and know well seem better than they are in the eyes of many of our fans. We''ve had McCormack play against us several times before for other clubs in this league and he''s never looked remotely like an £8 or £9 million pound player. Yes he''s a decent finisher but from recollection he''s not that quick and I certainly don;t recall him being able to play the "Wes role" as another poster claims. £5m is the very top end of his value I would say and to be honest i''d rather keep Hooper and Becchio (both of whom could easily exceed 20 goals next season) than spend money on another new striker. If, however, Hooper is determined to leave then McCormack would be an adequate replacement at the right price.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Decent enough player at championship level but McCormack is certainly not an upgrade on Hooper.

Yes he''s a decent finisher but from recollection he''s not that quick . [/quote]

Put McCormack and Hooper in a race and you''ll find that Hooper isn''t that quick.

McCormack had an outstanding season last time out and perhaps that was him realising his potential as he''s generally had decent seasons before without really excelling.

But I don''t know that Hooper has really ever done anything to show he''s better. I do think Hooper would get a decent return of goals in the Champs but I also feel he''s become a bit overrated.