Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

West Brom Appoint Alan Irvine

Strange choice, judging by one of their fans message boards they arent happy.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=13829.0

Havent seen so much negativity since we appointed Roeder.

Strange indeed - Sherwood, Zola, Malky, and Lennon all wanting jobs.

I wonder it clubs are wising up to how much they will pay for Managers when there are so many chasing so few jobs.

Huh. Alan Irvine, I''d forgotten about him!
He did okay at Preston, I guess. A mid-table finish followed by a play-off run.
Sheffield Wednesday didn''t go so well. Relegation to League 1, financial troubles etc.
I know he was hired by David Moyes to help run Everton''s youth academy and he had apparently done a reasonable job there, but is that really enough to get a premier league job?
TBH, I would have been more disappointed with this appointment than I would have with Adams.

Very strange appointment.I thought us appointing Adams was a risk but this is a massive gamble taken by West Brom. WBA and Villa could well be relegated next season.I see Lennon said on TV tonight  he was never in the running for this one either.I do wonder if some of these managers are expecting way too much in terms of their own contracts and monies for transfer fees. They always get paid up in full if it goes pear-shaped too.

W Brom are the best performing club of recent times given their financial resources so it seems that the clubs management may know more than punters who just tend to go for high profile names without performing any due diligence on the candidates.

5live reported yesterday Sherwood was to be appointed, only stumbling block was wanted pay increase offers for his back room coaching staff. Clearly money talks, west brom taken the cheap option, prudence before ambition, blah blah.... Who cares.

djc wrote the following post at 14/06/2014 9:16 PM:

Clearly money talks, west brom taken the cheap option, prudence before ambition, blah blah.... Who cares.

---------------------------------

bit like us (however there is a chance the cheap option may be the best option, we just don''t know it yet)

[quote user="T"]W Brom are the best performing club of recent times given their financial resources so it seems that the clubs management may know more than punters who just tend to go for high profile names without performing any due diligence on the candidates.[/quote]Are you the same ''T'' that humps  furniture and stuff around on ''Salvage Hunters'' or the cnut who who wouldn''t get on on no muther fuckin'' plane? Either way I missed your tenure as England manager,or Governor of the Bank of England....

I really do feel sorry for them. I don''t mind them as a club and they like us have achieved success in recent times without selling their soul to become some foreign suggardaddy''s plaything.

Reading the comments from Sheffield Wednesday and Preston fans it sounds like they''re describing an even more negative, dour, personality devoid Hughton but without any kind of record at all at his first two clubs :P

In and around the relegation places playing shockingly poor, ineffective football, we suffered it last year and it was horrible, I''d much rather be us than them right now! We''ve ripped the band aid off at least!

West Brom can''t get double relegation. Unless they do something highly irregular.

[quote user="T"]W Brom are the best performing club of recent times given their financial resources so it seems that the clubs management may know more than punters who just tend to go for high profile names without performing any due diligence on the candidates.[/quote]Debatable. They were a yo-yo club for years before Roy Hodgson came along. Steve Clarke had a great first season and they''ve been sliding down every since. But really I think most of their success was off the back of firstly Odenwengie, and then Lukaku. I''d struggle to name any of their players, and they don''t seem to have signed anyone decent last season either.

Find it funny that the reported reason why Norwich finished talks with Malky was because they got the feeling he was waiting on other options. You have to assume the main other option he was looking at was West Brom. With Celtic, West Brom and as of today, Southampton, filling managerial vacancies, a certain Mr. Mackay might feel a sense of regret.

Malky was chasing two rather attractive looking jobs and got neither of them. Serves him right.

I don''t think top clubs see enough value in appointing Malky.

Norwich, Celtic, West Brom & Southampton have all shopped elsewhere and that tells its own story. There''s a fine line between puffing out your chest in pride and possessing a less-than-helpful ego. Status and stature are two very different things!

[quote user="whoareyou"]Very strange appointment.I thought us appointing Adams was a risk but this is a massive gamble taken by West Brom. WBA and Villa could well be relegated next season.I see Lennon said on TV tonight  he was never in the running for this one either.I do wonder if some of these managers are expecting way too much in terms of their own contracts and monies for transfer fees. They always get paid up in full if it goes pear-shaped too.[/quote]

Or Lennon is a joke manager who made his name in a league where a donkey could have success. Just look at Gary Hooper, Nikica Jelavic and the failures of players like that when they move to a real league...