Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Hooper

Last week NA said he thought he would stay...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646454/EXCLUSIVE-Gary-Hooper-demands-transfer-Norwich-City-following-relegation.html

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Last week NA said he thought he would stay...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646454/EXCLUSIVE-Gary-Hooper-demands-transfer-Norwich-City-following-relegation.html[/quote]

Interesting.  However, it is the Daily Mail.............

Its also an old article from 2nd June. In fact, i think Adams made his comments in response to questions about that article.

I do suspect Hooper is not adverse to a move and who can blame him really. Never really given a fair crack of the whip. Generally did quite well last season when picked but then found himself dropped for the dreadful RVW or Elmander by our clueless former manager and was then not used at all by Adams at the end of the season when we needed to win games. Came to us with half an eye on the World Cup squad if he had a good season and then finds himself on the bench for quite a bit of it behind strikers who cannot score and ends up in the champ with Adams now in charge full time.

Wiz wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 9:44 AM:

"The Daily Fail fails again."

No, it''s a failure/twisting of facts on the OP''s behalf.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]Last week NA said he thought he would stay...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646454/EXCLUSIVE-Gary-Hooper-demands-transfer-Norwich-City-following-relegation.html[/quote]

Interesting.  However, it is the Daily Mail.............

[/quote]

Sorry LDC but why does that make the story less credible, or should I say more unlikely, than if it had been reported in any other newspaper''s sports pages ?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Wiz wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 9:44 AM:

"The Daily Fail fails again."

No, it''s a failure/twisting of facts on the OP''s behalf.[/quote]

Yes you are right JG, apologies all round - just saw it with today''s date and didn''t notice the date on the actual article.

Epic fail, me!

It doesn''t really matter if its old news or new news or written in the Daily Mail or on the Holy Grail Gary Hooper is highly likely to be tempted away by any overtures from above.

Never likely to attract a top club in the first place, he hasn''t done much to increase his market value beyond our outlay.

I have always had an inkling that QPR will return for him now that they are up there again and their reputation as biggish spenders might just mean that we do not lose out on the player.

I would want him to stay on, but he doesn''t seem the kind of character to respond well to having what will be a good move for him blocked.

If its down to money on the pay slip then we will need to devise some financial incentive to players we want to keep in order for them to happily stay. A promotion bonus would be essential IMO.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Its also an old article from 2nd June. In fact, i think Adams made his comments in response to questions about that article.

I do suspect Hooper is not adverse to a move and who can blame him really. Never really given a fair crack of the whip. Generally did quite well last season when picked but then found himself dropped for the dreadful RVW or Elmander by our clueless former manager and was then not used at all by Adams at the end of the season when we needed to win games. Came to us with half an eye on the World Cup squad if he had a good season and then finds himself on the bench for quite a bit of it behind strikers who cannot score and ends up in the champ with Adams now in charge full time.[/quote]

If you don''t think he had a "fair crack of the whip" when he played more games than any other striker and STARTED 8 GAMES MORE THAN ANY OTHER STRIKER, you might be mentally challenged. HE SCORED 3 GOALS FROM FUN OF PLAY IN 32 GAMES PL LEAGUE GAMES. Seriously the mentally challenged at this board are hilarious.

Just like your grammar and spelling child.

[quote user="jaemae2"]If you don''t think he had a "fair crack of the whip" when he played more games than any other striker and STARTED 8 GAMES MORE THAN ANY OTHER STRIKER, you might be mentally challenged. HE SCORED 3 GOALS FROM FUN OF PLAY IN 32 GAMES PL LEAGUE GAMES. Seriously the mentally challenged at this board are hilarious.[/quote]How are you Maccy? [:D]