Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Grant Holt on way back ?

•  

• Posted on another Norwich City Fans Website

Tweet

I have no cold hard facts and nothing of substance - all I have is a tweet from a girl I don''t know. I know, it doesn''t sound promising does it?

Anyway, here it is.

The girl in question, Emily @emily_blonde_x tweeted a screen shot this afternoon that looks like a tweet from Grant Holt''s twitter account @Grantholt31.

The ''tweet'' reads:

''Good afternoon people yes back to Norwich next season yous fans are great thank you for support''

Certainly the grammar could be Holty''s.

Emily wrote that the ''tweet'' had been deleted now and was it true?

Well is it? I''m torn between my head and my heart here. My head tells me that it''s rubbish and a photoshop effort, while my heart is desperately hoping that it''s true. It''d be a real shot in the arm.

There is no trace of it on Holty''s twitter feed but if it had been deleted, then there wouldn''t be. This kind of story would never be published on an official website like the BBC or EDP but being a fan web site, I think I can get away with letting you know.

Would we take him back if just for a season long loan - as Club Captain he could do a supurb job, we looked like a group of headless chickens last season with Bassong in charge on the pitch - we need a leader?

Well he was at a meeting in Wetherby (Near Leeds) yesterday. I suspect he''ll leave Wigan though. I''d take him back. We miss his presence up front.

I saw the tweet by the girl as well. Intriguing.

The still picture is taken from an account that is Holt''s twitter account but whether its a wind-up/photoshop job or not I have no idea. Probably is.

I would take him back. I think we did not realise how important a dressing room presence he was until he left and I am sure he could still do a good job in the championship, especially if we are going to have the likes of Murphy and Redmond starting regularly next season.

Why would she screenshot rather than just re-tweet?

Really don;t get why people do that sort of thing. Am told the lack of blue tick does indeed suggest is a fake.

Let''s really hope it is fake. Really won''t be great as previous post stated. Too old and time to move on

I laugh when I see these ''too old''s comments. Fact is Holty never got much of a chance at either Wigan or Villa so who''s to say how he''ll be with regular football over a season.

Maybe he''ll be our ''super-sub''. Simple fact is when he was here and on the pitch we were a different team. Yes, that was then/this is now but let''s see what happens.

Having a captain/leader on the pitch people listen to would be something missing last season as most will agree.

[quote user="Herr Flick"][quote user="Herman "]Load of old turd by the looks of it.[/quote]

U should be able to detect it the amount you spout[/quote]Careful Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary........you''ll be getting a bad names on here.

Damn straight Humpty. That and the fact it''s Newton and some bint on twitter[:D]

[quote user="Herman "]Damn straight Humpty. That and the fact it''s Newton and some bint on twitter[:D][/quote]Forgot vabout that one Herman.....amended...Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton[:S] But why?

some people need to keep of twitter

I hate to think how much of the news in the sun they believe

morons