Sign in to follow this  
orenp

Carrow Road Wifi

Dear Norwich Supporters,

My name is Oren, and I am conducting a research study for a postgraduate sport management program.

The focus of my project is to look into the introduction of new WIFI technology into football stadiums- namely on-phone services (ticketless entry, ordering merchandise and concessions, voting for MoM etc...), customized replays, etc.

We are looking to find out how would Norwich supporters feel about smartphone usage and WIFI services at Carrow Road.

This technology already exists in MLS with Sporting Kansas City and are slowly being introduced into Premier League stadiums.

The survey will only a few minutes to complete and we''d love it if you could share it among friends.

The results of which will be distributed to the club and be presented to senior officials in the football industry in July.

The more quality answers we have, the better we''ll be able to explain our findings to the clubs.

The best part of the survey, once you''ve completed the survey, you''ll get a chance to win a jersey of your choice (Norwich of course).

Here''s the link to the survey and to our twitter handle:

http://www.unipark.de/uc/2ndScreenEPL

@fifamastadium

For last note, the survey was launch when Norwich was still in the Premier League, with a view for it to either survive the relegation battle or to return to the PL after a short period.

Many thanks,

Oren

When I go to match I switch my ''phone off, I''m there to watch the match and experience it with my mates who I sit with, I don''t give a **** what someone on Twitter or Sportsyapper thinks, for 99% of the season the results of the other teams do not interest me until half-time or when the game is over, I''d be very happy if there''s no signal at Carrow Rd.

Anyone using a mobile, texting, taking pictures or accessing the net on a smartphone during a match should be ejected by the stewards. You lot are a pain in the butt, watch the bl00dy game.No prawn sandwiches or WIFI at CR

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

When I go to match I switch my ''phone off, I''m there to watch the match and experience it with my mates who I sit with, I don''t give a **** what someone on Twitter or Sportsyapper thinks, for 99% of the season the results of the other teams do not interest me until half-time or when the game is over, I''d be very happy if there''s no signal at Carrow Rd.

[/quote]

Valid point.

What we aim to find out is what is important for supporters and what is not, so clubs don''t spend money on unnecessary things and will invest instead on what''s important for supporters.

Just did the survey.

One piece of feedback- you might want to make it clearer you are talking about last season when you say Premier League teams.

the club currently has Wifi, but not accessible by supporters.

they also offer it to the press, lets just say the password wasn''t the most difficult to guess..... this was last time round in the championship.. they have changed it since.

I always go on the phone before a match to get the team information, whilst all around me have trouble getting a signal. WiFi should be installed.

Cheers folks.

Just make sure to voice your opinions on the survey and share it with fellow supporters.

The more detailed answers we have, the better we''ll be able to communicate it to clubs.

http://www.unipark.de/uc/2ndScreenEPL

This survey firstly asks "Do you support a premier league club?" If you select No, it ends - What''s the point of even posting this here?

Maybe a generational thing, but I''m in two minds with it all. As a younger person, I quite like having the option of the internet being available and the ticketless systems etc could prove useful. It does all seem a bit plasticy and prawn sandwichy though. I have some great memories of away days at some right sheds and technology would have lessened the experiences there.

Must admit it''d be useful to be able to follow the scores elsewhere while it''s going on and do some live social media posting (pics, opinions of the game) but I can see why it would annoy people. I do feel it''s ineviteble eventually though.

Another thing, once we''re all on 4g (not long) will the WiFi be fully necessary?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]This survey firstly asks "Do you support a premier league club?" If you select No, it ends - What''s the point of even posting this here?[/quote]

Officially for the next two days, I do support a premiership team...

At some venues you can only access the services if you are connected to the stadium''s network. So you can receive offers or watch replays only when you are on the venue wifi user.

You could set up a contract with Wiz to stream the match via the clubs wi-fi via your phone to his house?

Fan Cam!!