Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Snodgrass on move ?

Unfortunately - whoareyou? you seem to be right.

The reality is, you have to keep your best players. Snodgrass is one of them. Whether you think thats in a bad team or not is irrelevant - if he''s one of the better one''s he should be one of the last to leave. It''s how you get promoted. Having good players. Those shouting from the rooftops how it''s fine because we have Elliot Bennett or Josh Murphy are delirious.

Both are good players but Snodgrass has proven he can score and assist in a POOR team in the premier league. No-one else has - bar Pilkington, but most of his goals have come coinciding with the team playing well. And he''s certainly been, at best, hit and miss since Lambert left.

He may not have pace but you don''t need pace to be a good winger- he''s proven that with us and with Leeds.

Don''t know if that was in reply to me Hogesar but I agree that pace is not essential for a good wide man, but when I said he slows play down I wasn''t referring to his pace.

No Brownstone, it wasnt. But in reference to tgat point, whilst I understand where you''re coming from, I felt that for the majority of last season, particularly wuthout howson and or hoolahan, we had very little support in attack which i mostly put down to our rigid tactics. There would be much less need to delay in a fluid attacking setup

If anybody ever needed evidence that the Pink Un is not representative of Norwich fans then this thread is it.

An outsider reading this would conclude that Snodgrass is not rated or respected by Norwich fans, if they did not know that he actually won our Player of the Season award about 6 weeks ago, and came second the year before that.

Clearly there are a number of Norwich fans who believed that he was our best player last season, and I am one of them. If we have aspirations of returning to the Premier League then selling your best player is not the way to go about it.

My reasoning is not based on Snoddy''s ability, I agree on his contribution to the team and believe he is one of our best players.

All I am trying to apply is some realism, if he wants to go and is in the last year of his contract, we cannot hold out for 6-8m unless there is a bidding war for him, and I don''t see him being that much in demand that 4-5 clubs will push to this level, 4m being my predicted fee.

Now, if he is happy to stay until January, as was suggested earlier, then make a decision based on our position and offers on the table, I could understand, but all of the power here is with Snodgrass, as I cant believe any of us would want a player here next year that wants to be elsewhere, we need all pulling together with one aim, promotion...

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"] If we have aspirations of returning to the Premier League then selling your best player is not the way to go about it.[/quote]

and if that player doesn''t want to be here?