Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Snodgrass on move ?

The 26-year old winger is subject to a £4 million move from Norwich to Hull City after West Ham were put off from signing the Scotland international by his club’s valuation.

Robert Snodgrass is poised to join Hull City

Robert Snodgrass is poised to join Hull City

Snodgrass joined Norwich from Leeds for £3 million in 2012 and has gone on to make 74 appearances whilst he has scored on 14 occasions.

Following his side’s recent relegation from the Premier League, Snodgrass has been subject to interest from a host of Premier League outfits but it seems that Hull are poised to win the race.

It is believed that a deal worth around £4 million has been agreed and the player is to discuss personal terms with Hull later on this week.

Reported in the Sunday papers - could just be speculation but with only 12 mths left on his contract not a bad price, we can only keep him if he signs an extension over the summer, otherwise he can walk next July and we get nothing

Even with Snoddy gone we are still left with options for the right side - Murphy brothers / Bennett & Redmond

We should take the money, move on & reinvest elsewhere - thanks Robert for everything

A guaranteed season of Premier League football apart, I don''t see this as much of a career move for Snodgrass. A bit of a nothing move really and I would expect £5m in any case.

I dunno if he''d be massively interested in any old move to the premiership but Hull are in Europe next year. If they are the only club willing to stump up the £6m then that may be all he can choose. I bet West Ham want him on the cheap and hope that he digs his heels in but I don''t think he''ll be overly bothered about West Ham. Maybe Newcastle.

If we get £6m for him, fair play, we''ve doubled our money and he''s not got long left on his contract where Celtic could pinch him for free bosman talks in January (the english clubs in May). Whilst he''s a top player, he''s a bit of an enigma and I feel that far too much of our game plan relies on him to the detriment of other players most notably the forwards. It''s not like we''re short of replacements either.

I do just hope that whoever replaces him can find that x factor we''ll need to set us apart from the rest. We don''t need championship level players, we need ''too good for the championship level'' players.

Not worried by his leaving. As far as I am concerned he unbalanced our attack as he was the slowest forward player (most games) but a high % of our attacks were through him. Opposition managers worked this out wihich is one reason for our poor showing last season. Hughton had no plan to change the point of attack. We already have a wealth of (raw) young talent to step up.

[quote user="star_manic"]Not worried by his leaving. As far as I am concerned he unbalanced our attack as he was the slowest forward player (most games) but a high % of our attacks were through him. Opposition managers worked this out wihich is one reason for our poor showing last season. Hughton had no plan to change the point of attack. We already have a wealth of (raw) young talent to step up.[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head 100%

4m for a midfielder who consistently scores in the premier league? They can stick it.

How much did Swansea get for Joe Allen again?

£4m is not enough. I will be very disappointed if this happens. Disappointed in the sum we have got and disappointed in Snoddy for his lack of ambition. Hull may have overperformed last season but they are not a good team and in my view highly likely to be fighting relegation next season. He can do better.

How come we never get what we should do for our players when we sell. Goalscoring wingers who have performed consistently in the prem generally go for £10m plus. Even accounting for the contract situation £4m is not enough. We would be better served keeping him and letting him run his contract down.

£4 million does seem a bit cheap, but I''d still take it.

Watching England on Saturday I was reminded of Snoddy every time Glen Johnson got the ball -countless times England were breaking and the ball was passed out to Johnson who stopped and passed the ball backwards, killing the momentum and allowing the defenders to get back.

Snoddy is a good player, but we may be a better team without him - if we don''t have him we can''t pick him.

4 million is more than expected if true, last year of his contract and if his heart is set on premiership than fine let him go. I''m not too bothered, he''s been good for us, but I think we have more exciting youngsters who will blitze this league on the left, Bennett, Redmond & Murphy can slot into Snodders role.

Will see what happens but all speculation for the time being.

Seems cut price to me.£6 million would be my bottom line but then there may be factors that we don''t know about.

" Watching England on Saturday I was reminded of Snoddy every time Glen Johnson got the ball -countless times England were breaking and the ball was passed out to Johnson who stopped and passed the ball backwards, killing the momentum and allowing the defenders to get back. "

Exactly. While Snodgrass gives a lot to Norwich, especially his passion, he does too much damage to our style of play to justify being picked.. Take the opportunity to move him for the sake of our future.

Snodgrass would tear this division apart and we would be stupid to sell him.

He slowed down our counter attacks in the Premier League, but in the Championship under Adams we aren''t going to be playing 11 men behind the ball for 80 minutes a game are we.

We should do everything in our power to retain his services for this season.

[quote user="Surfer"]" Watching England on Saturday I was reminded of Snoddy every time Glen Johnson got the ball -countless times England were breaking and the ball was passed out to Johnson who stopped and passed the ball backwards, killing the momentum and allowing the defenders to get back. "

Exactly. While Snodgrass gives a lot to Norwich, especially his passion, he does too much damage to our style of play to justify being picked.. Take the opportunity to move him for the sake of our future.[/quote]Snoddy was the 66th best player in the Premier League on stats according to whoscored.com. Closest competitor was Leroy Fer who came in at 138. If we looked unbalanced attacking it was because nobody else was reliably doing anything as his position as scorer and single largest creator of real chances attests to.

Agree with others that I''d want about 6 lowest. I don''t think we should sell unless he''s unhappy though

Pace is a much better weapon... I''d rather have kept Holt than Snodgrass given the effectiveness OF THE TEAM with either player in it. IMO he''s just the wrong type of player for us at the moment, but if we were to keep him, we''d have to play him in the middle... but then would you pick him over Howson, Fer or TBA??

So long as we get decent money and replacement I wouldn''t be too upset if he went.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Snodgrass would tear this division apart and we would be stupid to sell him.

He slowed down our counter attacks in the Premier League, but in the Championship under Adams we aren''t going to be playing 11 men behind the ball for 80 minutes a game are we.

We should do everything in our power to retain his services for this season.[/quote]

He didn''t really tear the championship apart last time he was there. He performed well was one of the top talents at that level but I didn''t see Leeds play on tv and each time think he was by far or often even the best player on the pitch. Good player, would like him to stay but if he wants to go and we get a fair price, I''d let him go.

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ll be gutted if he leaves. [:''(][/quote]You''d be just like one of those famous Lowestoft kippers if you were Wiz.....Two faced and no guts. [:D]

Yellowbeagle.... 13 goals and 14 assists in the 2011/12 season!

Second highest number of assists in the league.

Hoolahan in our Championship season scored 10 goals and 9 assists.

Snodgrass either scored or assisted 27 of Leeds 65 goals that season.

I''d seriously struggle to believe that any of our other wide players could have that much of an impact.

Snodgrass was our most effective attacking player last season, and the season before that, Leeds most effective the year before that (goals + assists).

If you think that taking Snodgrass out of our team would mean other players stepping up and providing the goals then I respect your opinion, but I see Elliott Bennett who doesn''t score goals, Nathan Redmond who has terrible decision making, Murphy who is still a kid, Pilkington who can''t be bothered anymore, and Snodgrass who the stats show year after year to produce the goods over the course of a season.

I see Becchio who scored 29 in half a year, Hooper and RvW .... what we need most of all is to get these guys scoring, not worry about how many Snodgrass can score by himself (valuable as those goals are).

I think Bennett and Redmond are good enough to replace snodgrass if we get a good price for him. What we we really need is a fast CB and a younger version of Hoolahan imo

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Yellowbeagle.... 13 goals and 14 assists in the 2011/12 season!

Second highest number of assists in the league.

Hoolahan in our Championship season scored 10 goals and 9 assists.

Snodgrass either scored or assisted 27 of Leeds 65 goals that season.

I''d seriously struggle to believe that any of our other wide players could have that much of an impact.

Snodgrass was our most effective attacking player last season, and the season before that, Leeds most effective the year before that (goals + assists).

If you think that taking Snodgrass out of our team would mean other players stepping up and providing the goals then I respect your opinion, but I see Elliott Bennett who doesn''t score goals, Nathan Redmond who has terrible decision making, Murphy who is still a kid, Pilkington who can''t be bothered anymore, and Snodgrass who the stats show year after year to produce the goods over the course of a season.[/quote]

I agree with re the players you mentioned, however I See no point holding players to the club if they want to leave, he may not want to, but if he does i''d take the cash. Also you have taken his best season to use as an example, while he may replicate that he may also have a season comparable to the others he had at that or lower level (admittedly they are still decent), my point is it''s abit over the top to expect him or any of our other players to tear up the championship. The Hoolahan comparison doesn''t hold up either with me, our team was more balanced in midfield we had Surman, Hoolahan, crofts and then Lansbury which balanced out responsibility across the team, thats is more healthy and likely to deliver success than what a midtable Leeds team did, which pretty much has Snodgrass doing everything. The also bears out abit to ourselves last season Snodgrass doing everything, which only really changed when Adams came in.