Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If Snodgrass goes ?

is it so bad ? For me it might benefit us in the long run, he''s too slow, has to take every free kick and corner, constantly moans to other players and the ref, our team is lop sided with him in it. Take 4 or 5 million and move on

He isn''t slow, is our best player, and yes losing him would be bad.

The stick that he gets is ridiculous, he is an attacking player who was expected to pick up the ball on the edge of his own box and travel with it up the pitch because we weren''t capable under Hughton of stringing more than three passes together.

Now he gets called "slow" for being the only player with the ability and balls to get on the ball and try to make something happen.

Not sure what people expect from a winger but if we could give him the ball in the final third instead of our just outside our own box he may prove to be much more effective, thought about that? Huckerby would have looked rubbish in a Hughton team spending most of the game in his own half.

They say you don''t know what you have got until it has gone. All I can say is that it doesn''t surprise me that Snodgrass wants to go - he is under appreciated by a huge section of our own fans, and yet highly rated by the fans of other clubs, so who would blame him for wanting out. I will miss him.

In its simplest terms. Hughton made him the main focal point for our attacking play. We scored bugger all goals. Hughton got the sack. The team got relegated. It''s probably pure scapegoating but that is why some of us aren''t too unhappy if he goes or not.

Snorgrass was POTS. For players who did not perform you need to look at RvW for example but, unsurprisingly, there appears to be little interest in him:

Slow, no - he has speed and ability. but the attitude issue is why I wouldn''t be particularly upset to see him leave. He does complain constantly to the ref, to his teammates, to anyone who''ll listen; and he''s selfish at times, convinced he can take the world on by himself when he should lay off the pass to someone in a stronger position. As for winning POTS - well, we all know he didn''t win the public vote, however you may feel about that, and I suspect he was given the award over Olsson and Ruddy by the club as an attempt to encourage him to stay. If we keep him, fine - he''s a skilful player who gives us options. But I won''t shed any tears if we get 4-5m for him, and I''ll be very concerned if he''s still the focal point of the team that Adams is building.

It''s another one of these balance things.

Decent little player who contributes his all, which can be quite a lot, but we cannot be blind to the negative aspects of his play. His attacking style is not the most fluent and his dead-ball efforts have been a mixture, to say the least.

I am one of those who is put out by the constant, yes constant, niggling to the officials, when it can often backfire and to his own team-mates when it is detrimental to performance.

Snoddy is Snoddy and seems to be an amiable little character overall but when it comes to crossing that white line he is fast becoming one of the most belligerent characters, in my memory, ever to wear the Yellow. Some will see this as an extreme desire and nothing but a good thing, I would prefer more of the  temperance and less of the temperamental.

I might be completely wide of the mark here, but I have an inkling that a Carrow Road dressing room without the presence of our own little Braveheart might well be a happier dressing room.

To those who consider that his loss would be tantamount to the team''s descent into the abyss, and who quote statistics in support, I will say that I personally would not place the player particularly high on our list of all-time greats and that we have lost far, far better players than Robert Snodgrass in the past and still blossomed.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

It''s another one of these balance things. Decent little player who contributes his all, which can be quite a lot, but we cannot be blind to the negative aspects of his play. His attacking style is not the most fluent and his dead-ball efforts have been a mixture, to say the least.  I am one of those who is put out by the constant, yes constant, niggling to the officials, when it can often backfire and to his own team-mates when it is detrimental to performance.  Snoddy is Snoddy and seems to be an amiable little character overall but when it comes to crossing that white line he is fast becoming one of the most belligerent characters, in my memory, ever to wear the Yellow. Some will see this as an extreme desire and nothing but a good thing, I would prefer more of the  temperance and less of the temperamental.  I might be completely wide of the mark here, but I have an inkling that a Carrow Road dressing room without the presence of our own little Braveheart might well be a happier dressing room.  To those who consider that his loss would be tantamount to the team''s descent into the abyss, and who quote statistics in support, I will say that I personally would not place the player particularly high on our list of all-time greats and that we have lost far, far better players than Robert Snodgrass in the past and still blossomed.

[/quote]

Agreed.  Not even close to some of our wide players over the years.  Pros - can deliver a good free-kick and can deliver a goal or two.Cons - Selfish, inconsistent, temperamental, lacking in pace, slows play down, fails to release the ball when others in a better position, tries to dominate at the expense of other players (penalty a prime example), complete lack of confidence in his right foot,  fails to support his right back and right midfielder enough when tracking back. 

The above cons might appear worse because of the overall problems with teamwork last season, but nevertheless they were evident to anyone with a critical eye.  At his best he is a  problem for defenders and can score a goal, but most of the time he was predictable and easily dealt with by defenders.