Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

End of the coming season - two scenarios

Scenario 1We have just been promoted in second place. We struggled for the first few weeks but RVW found his form, finding a good partnership with Grabban and by Christmas, although in 12th place, we were beginning to show signs of improvement. We gradually pushed up the table after Christmas, reaching the play off positions by March.We kept the momentum going and reached 2nd place, beating Fulham on the last day to clinch it.Scenario 2We had a great start to the season, reaching top position and unbeaten in twenty games and were top at Christmas. The pressure started to tell as other clubs raising their game against us and we dropped back to third position by March.Confidence levels dropped as momentum lessened and we fell back to sixth place. Last day of the season we lost at home to Fulham which put them up to 6th. and us into 7th place.

Now which would you prefer.  Success before Christmas  or success after it? 

What the fu ck are you on about? if we''re 12th place by 25th December we won''t be getting 2nd place, I guarantee that scenario

Don''t like to knock normally LDC but what the hell is this thread? Whatever anyone says you will argue with and then we have a thread of vitriol and hatred which you will then call unfair and unjust.

My god you line yourself up for it don''t you???

[quote user="mrs miggins"]What the fu ck are you on about? if we''re 12th place by 25th December we won''t be getting 2nd place, I guarantee that scenario[/quote]Miggo, I realised that LDC''s posting was a wind up, when I got to the bit where he made reference to ''beating Fulham'' on the last day of the season.And he''s trying to make out that I live in some sort of fantasy world !

I really don''t know what to think with your options LDC.

Since the Adams appointment I am trying to be positive. For me it will be influenced by what squad we have at the start of the campaign. This will prove if our club is an attraction to quality players we need for a serious attack for promotion.

Having now seen the fixture list my forced optimism has been reduced to a forecast of mid table at best.

That disastrous and embarrassing performance by the owners on Radio Norfolk did not help. I simply can''t accept that our Chief Exec and Chairman were happy about the events of last season.

I so want Adams and his team to be successful but sad that we have been dragged down to this level and worse, all self inflicted.

Nigel has a point, we''re going to start the season playing catch-up, will we recover from that? What happens when there''s a plague of locusts in mid November? If the Scottish vote for independence will we have alter our squad to allow for the new non-British players?

There''s so many more if you think about it your head will spin.

Here it comes Lappin.Those two scenarios are equally likely to happen imo.  Of course there are others, but I would rather we finish the season strongly and get promoted than start it strongly and falter.    Of course what we would all like is the starting strongly, get to the top of the table and stay there for the whole season - but realistically that is a tall order for even the best of sides. 

lake district canary wrote the following post at 18/06/2014 1:52 PM:

Of course what we would all like is the starting strongly, get to the top of the table and stay there for the whole season - but realistically that is a tall order for even the best of sides.

--------------------------------------------------------------

No its not, realistically after 15 games we shouldn''t drop out of the top 5-6. Of course it will be hard, but not as hard as it is for other teams as we have a great team, the best in the league at this point by quite a distance. We''re the best team and there''s no excuses for us to finish outside the top 2 and you know it, so stop looking for an argument

[quote user="alartz"]Clearly LDC is a half wit[/quote]

Clearly.

So, I''ll change it - We''ll be near the top all season and  get promoted because we are the best. 

There. Does that make the fairy tale sound better?  Because that is the fairy tale. 

Real life will be somewhat different. 

We''ll be good, but it will take the whole season to prove it - and the most important time to be good is in the last six weeks of the season.

[quote user="lake district canary"] - and the most important time to be good is in the last six weeks of the season.

[/quote]Why?Leicester had a cracking season last time round, and were so far ahead that they could have been far worse than average in the last six weeks, and still got automatic promotion.Every game is of equal importance.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"] - and the most important time to be good is in the last six weeks of the season.[/quote]Why?Leicester had a cracking season last time round, and were so far ahead that they could have been far worse than average in the last six weeks, and still got automatic promotion.Every game is of equal importance.[/quote]

I agree, but as the pressure mounts near the end of the season, as it will - that is when nerves need to be held.   Why people can''t handle the thought of us getting promoted via a solid start, gradually strengthening throughout the season, I don''t know.  The risk of being top and then losing momentum later in the season is much greater imo.    Top and staying top all season?   Leicester or not, it doesn''t happen often, in any league.

Come on LDC this is all getting a little transparent and tedious.

What this and all the other lectures are about is your insistence that if only the supporters had stayed true to Hughton and supported him through the tough times then all would have come good eventually. Exactly as you said it would. It''s a kind of inverted "I told you so".

This lecture has the same theme as all the others. It''s trying to lure out the "I want Adam''s out if I don''t get instant success" comments. You can then come back (again) with "true supporters stick with the club through thick and thin" just like I did last season.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Don''t like to knock normally LDC but what the hell is this thread? Whatever anyone says you will argue with and then we have a thread of vitriol and hatred which you will then call unfair and unjust.

My god you line yourself up for it don''t you???

[/quote]oh dearLDC is a trollthe posts are put up deliberately as a provocationsadly, he appears to have little else to do with his life from early morning to late at night

even wiz takes a break from pretending to be a City fan, now and then

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Come on LDC this is all getting a little transparent and tedious.

What this and all the other lectures are about is your insistence that if only the supporters had stayed true to Hughton and supported him through the tough times then all would have come good eventually. Exactly as you said it would. It''s a kind of inverted "I told you so".

This lecture has the same theme as all the others. It''s trying to lure out the "I want Adam''s out if I don''t get instant success" comments. You can then come back (again) with "true supporters stick with the club through thick and thin" just like I did last season.[/quote]

I genuinely find it curious how some people take all this.  The reason for discussing/arguing  is to try and influence what other people think - or at least get see what people are really thinking.  If there are people out there that really only want to give Adams 10-15 games - and there plenty,  as seen on several threads - why is it wrong to argue the case against that?    I think my reasoning is sensible and coherent - and it seems to me that people that want instant success will be disappointed if we have a rough patch, as most even good teams do. 

If you simply find it tedious, then just ignore it. 

(PS City 1st - you are the biggest trollope on here, so give it a rest mate.) 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"] Having now seen the fixture list my forced optimism has been reduced to a forecast of mid table at best. .[/quote]

Yes, I''ve just looked at the fixture list and I''m shocked to see we have to play all the other teams in the division.  Twice !  Who''d have thought it ?

Before seeing the fixture list I thought I''d need to wait and see which players come in/out of the squad over the summer before getting a feel for how we''ll do next season.  But after seeing the fixtures, I''m not so sure.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

If you simply find it tedious, then just ignore it. 

(PS City 1st - you are the biggest trollope on here, so give it a rest mate.) 

[/quote]physcian heal thy selfie If you simply find it tedious, then just ignore itthough the irony of you warbling out "give it a rest mate"won''t be lost on most on here