Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Becchio back to Leeds with McCormack heading to Hull ?

Just had a friend in York email me that Leeds are in talks for Becchio, he reckons McCormack is heading to Hull in the next week.

Emailed back that I have heard nothing and he would be welocome to having Becchio back.

Anyone heard anything?

This would only make sense if we plan to get in another striker really.Despite Becchio not playing much last season he can''t be on a lot of money and has one of the best records at this level of our strikers. And in reality it wasn''t that long ago either. 18months I think?So if he was to go, it would leave RVW who has been heavily tipped to be going out on loan or moved on this summer, Hooper and Grabban with youthful backup from Loza.I would also say with Elmander gone, Becchio is our only out and out target man.

I''d rather sell Becchio than have him stay if he''s not happy at CR.  Who can tell from the outside - has he been soured by his experience under CH or is he willing to give it a go under the new manager (and does Adams think he''s worth a go).

I''d prefer to have him playing for us next year - he''s a proven Champ striker.   But if he''s not up for it then let him go.

Bar a cb our squad right now is fairly well balanced and capable at championship level (assuming players are mentally ready) so any departure needs replacing preferably with better

We need 4 strikers plus loza, morris etc and I would be OK with becchio staying, if he goes add some aerial strength. But we will have to spend to get better, callum Wilson for example does do it for me

Why do I get this horrible feeling that if Becchio goes back to Leeds we may end up regretting it.

I saw on the SSN ticker tape yesterday that McCormack is going nowhere this summer according to Fulham. I thought that McCormack played for Leeds or am I missing something?

It could be that Fulham were the club that lodged the bid and are trying to deter any other suitors?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]You''re right Chicken. We really do need a target man to play alongside (hopefully) Hooper"[/quote]

Give it a rest HC, this one way bromance is starting to get boring. Hooper is likely to still be with us in August solely because no one else wants him (certainly at the price we would want to get for him) which tells plenty about how he is rated within football- a good Championship level player. Expect him to get in the low double figures next year (including pens) but I find it really hard to get excited by the prospect of him up front.