Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Oh dear

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]How many world cups have Canada qualified for again?[/quote]

How many Curling medals do England (not Scotland) have?

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]Whats that got to do with anything ?[/quote]
Just seems a little strange that someone who''s team has failed to even qualify for a World Cup feels like he has a sense of superiority over England.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]How many world cups have Canada qualified for again?[/quote]

They have qualified 1time if that matters i have never expected them to but england always

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 20/06/2014 8:00 PM:

"How many Curling medals do England (not Scotland) have?"

#whogivesatoss

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Robert Barnes"]Whats that got to do with anything ?[/quote]
Just seems a little strange that someone who''s team has failed to even qualify for a World Cup feels like he has a sense of superiority over England.
[/quote]I''m English, so let me say, "Over and out england without playing the 3rd game"How embarrassing. Well we weren''t expecting England to overachieve this time round, but did we expect this. Losing to two teams that weren''t exactly great. They battled away, and lost to defending that a pub team could do better with.Our worst world Cup for 60 years, and Dyke jumps straight in and says Hodgson will stay until 2016! Such fun

Would have been nice to have remained in the Cup a bit longer than a stewed tea bag but that would have been a triumph of hope over experience.

If we are down and out, let the youngsters try and CR. We have absolutely nothing to lose.Lets see Shaw, Lallana, Barkley, Sterling. Don''t take them for the experience. Actually give them some.By no means poor performances from England, but let''s look to the next generation as they''ll be leading us into the Euro''s

[quote user="Buh"]Canada - Americas Hat.[/quote]Who give a t*ss about Canada. Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Austria & Jamaica didn''t qualify either, but we''re not slagging them off.England are out. Who''s gonna win it then?

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Buh"]Canada - Americas Hat.[/quote]Who give a t*ss about Canada. Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Austria & Jamaica didn''t qualify either, but we''re not slagging them off.England are out. Who''s gonna win it then?[/quote]
As I said, it just seems a little strange that a Canadian is mocking an England team for getting knocked out of a tournament they''ve qualified for once.

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Robert Barnes"]Whats that got to do with anything ?[/quote]
[/quote]I''m English, so let me say, "Over and out england without playing the 3rd game"How embarrassing. Well we weren''t expecting England to overachieve this time round, but did we expect this. Losing to two teams that weren''t exactly great. They battled away, and lost to defending that a pub team could do better with.Our worst world Cup for 60 years, and Dyke jumps straight in and says Hodgson will stay until 2016! Such fun[/quote]

I am also english living in canada who loves to watch england play. And just to get things straight canada have qualified for the world cup in 1986

Canada dominates in curling and to a lesser extent in hockey.

Just because a commenter lives in Canada now doesn''t mean he has greater affinity for it than for his country of origin. Or maybe he likes thrm both and is disappointed in both.

Phillip J Fry wrote the following post at 20/06/2014 8:33 PM:

As I said, it just seems a little strange that a Canadian is mocking an England team for getting knocked out of a tournament they''ve qualified for once.

---------------------

You can go and live in a different country. Its the same principle of LDC for example not living in norfolk atm, but supporting Norwich

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Phillip J Fry wrote the following post at 20/06/2014 8:33 PM:

---------------------

You can go and live in a different country. Its the same principle of LDC for example not living in norfolk atm, but supporting Norwich[/quote]

Thanks Mrs Miggins you are correct i have supported norwich ever since i can remember went to everygame untill i moved to canada with my parents at the age of 16 i am now 59. I have supported the ever since went down to the usa last year for 3 games and everytime i go to norwich for a vacation i have to see them play. The last game i was at was against man city when we won. But anyhow all iwas trying to say was i am very disappointed that england are out and what that had to do with the canadian team was beyond me

Its bad when a paper in Spain wouldn''t even give S Gerrard a score for playing (Well he was on the pitch )HereWell never mind as Hogson will be in charge in 2016, so it will be a very short competition for England.

Born and bred in Norwich. 1st game 1960 against Sheffield United.

Realising that football was not the be all and everything and Shankly was wrong, I travelled.

Haven''t lived in Norfolk since 1974 but if anybody wants to call me a plastic they can do so from the safety of their keyboard.

And when you have stood in the pouring rain on railway sleepers for a stand witnessing a dire 0-0 draw, ultimately preferring the excitement of counting the bricks in the stand opposite, you''ll be a man my son.

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]I am also english living in canada who loves to watch england play. And just to get things straight canada have qualified for the world cup in 1986[/quote]
I wasn''t aware of this. Sorry about the accusation (is that the right word for this?) that you were Canadian. 
[:$]

[quote user="Samwam27"]If we are down and out, let the youngsters try and CR. We have absolutely nothing to lose.Lets see Shaw, Lallana, Barkley, Sterling. Don''t take them for the experience. Actually give them some.By no means poor performances from England, but let''s look to the next generation as they''ll be leading us into the Euro''s[/quote]

Brilliant idea! ///teach them what it feels like to be a loser !!

Along with the idiot of a manager ,,, taking the youth instead of seasoned professionals is what got us into this position ,,,do you believe if Ashley Cole and John Terry were in the team we would have conceded the same way ??

Woy is probably on par with the Brolly chap as far as England managers go .

Canada is Americas hat though.

And it''s full of French people.

It''s only half full of Frenchies. And in my opinion produces some of the best music around. Other than that all I know is that it is a fucking massive place.

Might not be such a bad thing that Ruddy wasn''t associated in any way with this shambles... and in no way should Hart now be considered ''untouchable'' after his jittery performances. A certain song did come to mind the other night when Suarez smacked one straight though him...

As an interesting aside (and keeping vaguely on topic) the last time I was in Canada it had THE best strip bars in the entire world. Ottowa especially.

I have just booked a ticket to Canada, now we are talking.

But seriously, didnt England this time simply live up to expectations, big effort all round in the media to lessen expectations and thats just what happened. Plus, England actually didnt play THAT badly against two of the better sides in the tournament (some will argue that) and it was absolutley no surprise that Ratboy notched a couple particularly against that England back four.

Now looking back I would much rather have the pre tournament hysteria in the media, which probably helps push us to where we get....a place in the knock out stages to the lose on pens.   

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Now looking back I would much rather have the pre tournament hysteria in the media, which probably helps push us to where we get....a place in the knock out stages to the lose on pens.   

[/quote]Yes, I thought pretty much the same thing, Mark . Shows what happens when expectations are not very high.You set the bar low and people will aim low. A good example of folk being easily satisfied.A cautionary tale for LDC and the other apologists ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]Yes, I thought pretty much the same thing, Mark . Shows what happens when expectations are not very high.You set the bar low and people will aim low. A good example of folk being easily satisfied.A cautionary tale for LDC and the other apologists ?[/quote]

No, your continual  misrepresentation of  what I stand is why you get so much flack from me.     When are you and others going to understand that I neither have high expectations NOR low expectations?    Why is that so hard to understand?   I get excited by the possibilities and I get disappointed by the failures, but I never expect anything.    Got it yet?