Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

bring back glenn hoddle

was decent as england manager 1st time round and seems to have learnt a bit of humility as he has got older... other countrys bring back international  managers and he has got to be a huge improvement on woy ?

Was talking a load of sh*t when analysing the other night. Also he''s an awful human being. So no.

[quote user="im spartacus"]was decent as england manager 1st time round and seems to have learnt a bit of humility as he has got older... other countrys bring back international  managers and he has got to be a huge improvement on woy ?[/quote]

I think you''re right. If he hadn''t been hounded out by the media - and yes, if he had shown a bit more sense and stuck to talking about football - we could well have won something by now.   The Venables era was good and Hoddle was a good choice at the time.  The best people rarely get the England job - and when they do, the job is made too difficult for them because of their off field life - Venables it was money, Hoddle, it was his beliefs - neither of which should have been allowed to get in the way.   The FA, with the help of the media have a lot to answer for. 

I really rate Hoddle, but there is now ay the FA would bring him back. I am also surprised to hear he was "talking a load of" the other night, didnt see it as the coverage I am watching has different pundits (including Andy Gray aaaargh), but he has been a pundit a fair amount over here and I cant help but be impressed by him everytime I hear him.   

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I really rate Hoddle, but there is now ay the FA would bring him back. I am also surprised to hear he was "talking a load of" the other night, didnt see it as the coverage I am watching has different pundits (including Andy Gray aaaargh), but he has been a pundit a fair amount over here and I cant help but be impressed by him everytime I hear him.   [/quote]

Some people get carried away with his beliefs and forget what a fantastic footballer he was in his playing days and  his sheer ability as a coach/manager. That is what matters.   It doesn''t even matter that people might not like him.   Its his ability to get success on a football pitch that matters and when he was England manager - he was getting results and a getting good looking team/squad together. 

I rate Hoddle highly as a player, manager, coach and human being. He was (& still is) streets ahead of most in his field. As LDC points out, the FA & cheap media have a lot to answer for; putting turnips on managers heads, creating labels such as ''Wally with the Brolly'' etc. is despicable in my opinion. Those red-top headlines are not reporting facts - it''s more of an attempt to gain increased sales, distribution and PR awareness for their publications at the expense of a national figurehead. 

That same figurehead each year is charged with trying to create better results with ever-decreasing raw materials - hence Greg Dyke''s sad observations regarding how few English players are employed in the Premiership.

Whoever is England manager, the whole thing is a mess really isn''t it?

In this 2014 World Cup competition I think Harry Redknapp would have made the most of what we do have available...

[img]http://www.kikiramsey.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/no.gif[/img]

Another attempt at humour from Lakey this morning......the problem is he is about as funny as herpes.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 21/06/2014 10:23 AM:

Another attempt at humour from Lakey this morning......the problem is he is about as funny as herpes.

-----------------------------------

Well its good that your here to put him down then

[quote user="mrs miggins"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 21/06/2014 10:23 AM: Another attempt at humour from Lakey this morning......the problem is he is about as funny as herpes. ----------------------------------- Well its good that your here to put him down then[/quote]

Always happy to help.

The trouble with Hoddle is he speaks a lot of sense and that doesn''t sit well with the old farts brigade at the FA. Must not change this must not change that its not British.

Still we rely on running around like headless chickens whilst other teams caress the ball making the ball do the work.

Oh well another four years until it comes round again will anything change in that time. Greg Dyke has a massive job whether he is up to it we will see.

[quote user="ridgeman"]The trouble with Hoddle is he speaks a lot of sense and that doesn''t sit well with the old farts brigade at the FA. Must not change this must not change that its not British. Still we rely on running around like headless chickens whilst other teams caress the ball making the ball do the work. Oh well another four years until it comes round again will anything change in that time. Greg Dyke has a massive job whether he is up to it we will see.[/quote]

Really?

I know of 6 million British disabled people who''d take issue with that!  [:|]

The problem with Hoddle is that his tactics arestuck in the 90''s. He was asked once what his ideal Spurs team would be. He said a 3-4-1-2 with Andros Townsend in the no. 10 role. That sounds like something a manager would suggest in 1996 not almost 20 years later.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ridgeman"]The trouble with Hoddle is he speaks a lot of sense and that doesn''t sit well with the old farts brigade at the FA. Must not change this must not change that its not British. Still we rely on running around like headless chickens whilst other teams caress the ball making the ball do the work. Oh well another four years until it comes round again will anything change in that time. Greg Dyke has a massive job whether he is up to it we will see.[/quote]

Really?

[/quote]I really don''t think you KNOW 6 let alone 6 million !!!!

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Wiz"]

Really?

[/quote]
I really don''t think you KNOW 6 let alone 6 million !!!!
[/quote]

Know of thicky!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Wiz"]

Really?

[/quote]I really don''t think you KNOW 6 let alone 6 million !!!![/quote]

Know of thicky!

[/quote]You shouldn''t really try correcting me as, I know what i put and its not know of, it KNOW 6 ( and enough with the name calling )

[quote user="Wiz"]

Really?

[/quote]6 million ? are you sure wiz ?Obese Fatties who use mobility scooters to avoid exercise  don''t count do they ? [:D]

Isn''t 6 million about 10% of the population? I see Spartacus and bloodwagon already challenged this ridiculous number with some wit. I was thinking precisely what Spartacus wrote.

Fat and lazy is not a handicap, it''s a character flaw. Likewise welfare dependency. If this counted, the number would probably be much higher.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Isn''t 6 million about 10% of the population? I see Spartacus and bloodwagon already challenged this ridiculous number with some wit. I was thinking precisely what Spartacus wrote.

Fat and lazy is not a handicap, it''s a character flaw. Likewise welfare dependency. If this counted, the number would probably be much higher.[/quote]

I don''t know....there are one or two places up here where it appears more than 10% of the population have problems.   Not casting judgement on people who have disabilities or are overweight, but some of the particularly poorer towns you go - not just up here -   its quite scary how many appear to struggle getting around.

[quote user="im spartacus"]if it is 6 million no bloody wonder we do so well at the paralympics [:D]
[/quote]

6 million is the approx. figure of real disabled people in this country Sparty, not the lazy sods on mobility scooters up our sea front on a Sunday afternoon.[:|]

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Isn''t 6 million about 10% of the population? I see Spartacus and bloodwagon already challenged this ridiculous number with some wit. I was thinking precisely what Spartacus wrote. Fat and lazy is not a handicap, it''s a character flaw. Likewise welfare dependency. If this counted, the number would probably be much higher.[/quote]

http://uk.ask.com/question/how-many-people-are-disabled-in-uk

[quote user="Herman "]That''s a lot of sinning.[/quote]

I just wish I could remember it! [;)]

Wow, it''s actually 10 million! I guess I count as one because I''m left handed. Where''s my parking sticker, gov''t cheque and sense of entitlement.

These sorts of bizarre numbers only serve to diminish the cause of truly disabled. 80% or more of them could become undisabled with a hard boot to the posterior. It''s sad so many want to be thought of as victims. It drains the resources for the truly needy.