Sign in to follow this  
#

How many games will you give Adams.................

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position - usually by changing the subject or just repeating the statements. 

[/quote]No, just you, Lake. Perhaps you can point me towards anything that I''ve said that''s inaccurate or misunderstood in this thread?In point of fact, it''s others who''ve gone a tad OTT. At no point did I ever say that being a season ticket holder bestows me with ''special rights''. As usual it was something that you/others casually invented.[/quote]

"To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and

every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from

the Football Club."
That''s a direct quote from you, you''ve even put "I DO" in capitals to emphasise your point, you really should accept that you said it, it''s on this thread.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position - usually by changing the subject or just repeating the statements. 

[/quote]No, just you, Lake. Perhaps you can point me towards anything that I''ve said that''s inaccurate or misunderstood in this thread?In point of fact, it''s others who''ve gone a tad OTT. At no point did I ever say that being a season ticket holder bestows me with ''special rights''. As usual it was something that you/others casually invented.[/quote]

The question - as you so predictably avoided - was regarding your statement that you have the right to "demand" certain things because you are a season ticket holder.   You haven''t backed that up one iota, all you do is try and deflect the discussion to something else. 

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]"To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and

the Football Club."
That''s a direct quote from you, you''ve even put "I DO" in capitals to emphasise your point, you really should accept that you said it, it''s on this thread.

[/quote]And I''ll ask you (one last time) where I have said I have ''special rights''....a phrase that I repeat, you and LDC have invented. ?Unless you can find evidence of that then we can all assume, quite rightly , that you are talking bollo(ks.

Joanna grey I mean the management team.

I have reservations with this set up as at some point it will have to broken up as very few other managers will want this system.

As a group of players, I believe many are performing at their peak, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin and although we do not need a massive rebuild we do need to look at players who can be better than what we have. That will take time, right now I would like a genuine creative goal scoring midfielder. And some pace out wide.

Be nice to see a three upfront of grabs, hooper and rvw with three good midfielders, but we need to get this right, now we have signed Adams we have to get the players right and we need a few starters to come in.

So I meant the management team but we need some players who were not involved in the relegation to come in with big characters and genuine good players.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]
"To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."

[/quote]

And I''ll ask you (one last time) where I have said I have ''special rights''....a phrase that I repeat, you and LDC have invented. ?

Unless you can find evidence of that then we can all assume, quite rightly , that you are talking bollo(ks.
[/quote]

Blimey, you can twist and turn like the best of them. You have just picked up on the word special that LOS used to make your argument valid. Now, what can you demand of the club as a season ticket holder, other than a seat and safety.

Hogesar, Smooth

I agree with both of you.

Fans have different thresholds - as you say Smooth, some wanted Hughton out a long time ago (some never really accepted him, I assume because he wasn''t Lambert), some after Hull, some Christmas, some after Fulham, Man City etc.

Everyone''s opinion is different. WBA became the tipping point.

For what it''s worth having kept faith for so long I felt the board should have held their nerve through till the end if the season and then said thanks, time to move on. (Which seemed to be their preferred option from what MWJ said in the canary call special)

But the point remains the same...there will be a point beyond which a managers tenure will not be allowed by a board.

What we don''t know is what that point is fir NA in the Championship. But personally I hope he gets a fair chance and that the fans show him patience too.

[quote user="killiecanary"]Hogesar, Smooth I agree with both of you. Fans have different thresholds - as you say Smooth, some wanted Hughton out a long time ago (some never really accepted him, I assume because he wasn''t Lambert), some after Hull, some Christmas, some after Fulham, Man City etc. Everyone''s opinion is different. WBA became the tipping point. For what it''s worth having kept faith for so long I felt the board should have held their nerve through till the end if the season and then said thanks, time to move on. (Which seemed to be their preferred option from what MWJ said in the canary call special) But the point remains the same...there will be a point beyond which a managers tenure will not be allowed by a board. What we don''t know is what that point is fir NA in the Championship. But personally I hope he gets a fair chance and that the fans show him patience too.[/quote]

Some will killie, some sadly won''t (probably me!) his legend status will rightly protect him for a while ............after that?

[quote user="Herman "]

Blimey, you can twist and turn like the best of them.

[/quote]Well maybe, Herman. Not for me to say.But what you''ve got to remember is  LDC (and, sadly it seems LOS too) are the leading exponents of accusing people of inventing stuff and putting words in mouths . ''Misrepresenting'' is Lake''s favourite adverb for this. All I''m doing is illustrating that everyone(and I mean EVERYONE) is guilty of this from time to time. LDC never accepts that he may be incorrect on anything. He just ploughs on with his lecturing regardless. And I know he does not like it when people challenge these views that he dresses up as ''facts''.Anyway, that''s me done on this subject now. We''ve strayed far too far from Wiz''s perfectly reasonable OP.

Killie I think you are right all will be different but we do have to be critical this season. If we do not show that we have a strong squad that can cope with injuries, perform and get the results then we will have to look.

Xmas again is critical as we will have the chance to buy players. Adams will be reviewed throughout the season it is a highly critical season, how he uses subs, how he can motivate

We all remember the start last time we came down and that season with total dross being brought in. We are right to be critical as this season is vital. We cannot give too long to Adams if it is not looking good early on. Sorry it is too important, it would be the same if we brought in an experienced manager.

Can''t wait for this off season with transfers, always the best time of the season, during the season it is too stressful we can gauge from the signings if we have improved and who goes.

Adams has to prove to the players, board, fans and most importantly the league that we are a top two team for the season and that we get the results that warrant that.

We have all seen the clubs come down recently and struggle so yes it often happens but we need to go against that and actually get on it.

If we play attacking football we need a solid defence, certainly if we go up defence is that key area, attacking flair is important as we saw this season but without a solid defence you cannot go on the attack in the premier league. So we have a season to hone those skills.

I know. Wiz

Some on here already have made that clear. But regardless, the board will have made their expectations clear, and those are what Neil and his team need to match, not necessarily those of some of the less realistic fans.

That said, if ever a manager really needed a good start to the season it is Neil this year. A strong start will help unite the fans behind him and hopefully we can gather some momentum.

A bad start however...*shudders*

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]"To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and

the Football Club."

[/quote]And I''ll ask you (one last time) where I have said I have ''special rights''....a phrase that I repeat, you and LDC have invented. ?Unless you can find evidence of that then we can all assume, quite rightly , that you are talking bollo(ks.[/quote]

I pretty sure that you do not understand the English language, here''s something to help you;
Special
1.better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.   "unlike you"2. belonging specifically to a particular person or place.        "I DO"

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]"To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and

the Football Club."
That''s a direct quote from you, you''ve even put "I DO" in capitals to emphasise your point, you really should accept that you said it, it''s on this thread. [/quote]And I''ll ask you (one last time) where I have said I have ''special rights''....a phrase that I repeat, you and LDC have invented. ?Unless you can find evidence of that then we can all assume, quite rightly , that you are talking bollo(ks.[/quote]

Oh for crying out loud Reggie.  I haven''t used the words "special rights" on here.   Come on now.  If you''re going to make accusations you must be sure that what you are saying is correct.    You''re very quick to try and discredit me - fine if that is what you want to do, I can argue my case - but when your inaccuracies are pointed out to you, you just start wriggling all over again.   Or maybe for once you''ll admit this time you are wrong? 

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]You said;"I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."Is this statement true, does buying a season ticket give you special rights?

[/quote]Lake...my main and first disagreement in this matter was with LOS. For some reason, you decided to go wading in with your ten-pennorth.But, just for clarity''s sake, I''ve illustrated the offending phrase that you deny exists.Now, perhaps YOU might apologise/climb down ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]You said;"I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."Is this statement true, does buying a season ticket give you special rights?[/quote]Lake...my main and first disagreement in this matter was with LOS. For some reason, you decided to go wading in with your ten-pennorth.But, just for clarity''s sake, I''ve illustrated the offending phrase that you deny exists.Now, perhaps YOU might apologise/climb down ?[/quote]

You have quoted what LOS wrote.  Why do that when I have questioned you about what you wrote?    YOU said I invented the phrase SPECIAL RIGHTS.   As in -[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]And I''ll ask you (one last time) where I

have said I have ''special rights''....a phrase that I repeat, you and LDC

have invented. ?[/quote]

I DID NOT and there is nowhere on this thread I have.

Yet you ask me to climb down? 

Dear oh dear, is this still going on? I think we all know by now that Reg made a mistake by using the word "demand" and he has already admitted to that by saying he should have used the word "asked".Buying a ticket certainly gives you the right to complain if you are not satisfied and that''s about as far as it goes IMO. Just as being a shareholder allows you the right to have your say at the AGM but in both cases the only recourse you have if you are ignored is to withdraw your support.

Lakey. A little piece of advice.As people like Tilly said earlier, your howling and claims of misrepresentation  are getting more and more bizarre and wild. You are making yourself look stupider and stupider (does such a word exist ?) by the day. Just pack it in now while you have some semblance of credibility left.As I said right from the start, LOS was picking a fight where none existed.  I was happy to tone down my use of the word ''demand'' to ''ask''. You have both continued to harp on about this though virtually everyone else seems to be able to accept and recognise what I''m saying, whether they agree with it or not. Just, for once in your life be willing to admit that there just may be some merit in what another poster says, eh ?

[quote user="ricardo"]Dear oh dear, is this still going on? I think we all know by now that Reg made a mistake by using the word "demand" and he has already admitted to that by saying he should have used the word "asked".Buying a ticket certainly gives you the right to complain if you are not satisfied and that''s about as far as it goes IMO. Just as being a shareholder allows you the right to have your say at the AGM but in both cases the only recourse you have if you are ignored is to withdraw your support.

[/quote]A very fair appraisal of the situation, if I may say so, Rick.I agree that people could say  that I''m on a very sticky wicket as I could indeed merely withdraw my support...but, hey , that''s being a football fan for you. !!I really will STFU on this now, as it''s run its course. Let''s hope LDC does the same ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Lakey. A little piece of advice.As people like Tilly said earlier, your howling and claims of misrepresentation  are getting more and more bizarre and wild. You are making yourself look stupider and stupider (does such a word exist ?) by the day. Just pack it in now while you have some semblance of credibility left.As I said right from the start, LOS was picking a fight where none existed.  I was happy to tone down my use of the word ''demand'' to ''ask''. You have both continued to harp on about this though virtually everyone else seems to be able to accept and recognise what I''m saying, whether they agree with it or not. Just, for once in your life be willing to admit that there just may be some merit in what another poster says, eh ?[/quote]

Err.....weird.  So you can say posters are saying one thing  - when they haven''t - and when it is pointed out to you that you are wrong - and given the evidence to prove it -  it is that poster''s fault for pointing it out.    I think even Tilly would have a hard task defending that. 

As for credibility, that is the least of my concerns on here, but if you think credibility is important, then it is you that need to think about that - every time you try and wriggle out of your rewriting of what other posters have put.  I don''t know if you do it intentionally, or you are just careless, but it amounts to the same thing.  No one likes being misquoted and  the least you can do is apologise when you do it and when it is pointed out to you. 

Right.....just one more effort to make Lake''s Saturday evening more comfortable.I, Reggie Strayshun ,am happy to accept that Lake District Canary has never, to my knowledge ,typed the phrase "special rights" on this forum.Happy now ?Definitely my final word on this.

[quote user="ricardo"]Dear oh dear, is this still going on? I think we all know by now that Reg made a mistake by using the word "demand" and he has already admitted to that by saying he should have used the word "asked".Buying a ticket certainly gives you the right to complain if you are not satisfied and that''s about as far as it goes IMO. Just as being a shareholder allows you the right to have your say at the AGM but in both cases the only recourse you have if you are ignored is to withdraw your support.

[/quote]

Here''s a thought Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Perhaps the club should have a complaints desk in reception for all the customers, spectators and clients who are dissatisfied. For a few on here it would come to be a second home.

Another radical idea would be for dissatisfied customers, clients and spectators to give up their season tickets and have them passed on to any supporters on the waiting list....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Here''s a thought Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Perhaps the club should have a complaints desk in reception for all the customers, spectators and clients who are dissatisfied. For a few on here it would come to be a second home.

Another radical idea would be for dissatisfied customers, clients and spectators to give up their season tickets and have them passed on to any supporters on the waiting list....

[/quote]What did we do before the Internet was invented Nigel?We spent Monday and Tuesday moaning about it to our workmates and then hoped all would be right for a midweek game Wednesday. Then if that went wrong we''d have another moan as soon as we got in to work but eventually ended up hoping things would get better the following Saturday. Some things never change but I guess the Internet has just given us a wider audience to moan about things.When I have nothing left to moan about at CR. I will know that I''m already dead.

Not every week of the season then all through the summer Rickyyyy....

Complaining of that magnitude just shows a lack of control in life. How many people would do the same thing for 35 years and never realise that you have to accept what you get? Don''t tell me you still moan all week after 50+ years. Surely it''s sunk in by now? :)

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/boppers_photos/media/complaints.jpg.html][IMG]http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv35/boppers_photos/complaints.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not every week of the season then all through the summer Rickyyyy....

Complaining of that magnitude just shows a lack of control in life. How many people would do the same thing for 35 years and never realise that you have to accept what you get? Don''t tell me you still moan all week after 50+ years. Surely it''s sunk in by now? :)[/quote]60 years mate and Mrs Ricardo reckons I never stop moaning about football.I''ve probably mellowed a bit and I no longer kick the garage door but defeats and relegations are still painful. The one thing I''ve learned though is that even if you have to wait for them, the good times eventually do come round again.Ups and downs, at least we can''t complain that we don''t get plenty of them with our great club.

Every game has the same anticipation, each win is relished and each defeat is disappointing. But all of them are VFM for me. After every game whatever the result im glad i was there and part of it

I''ve just been entertained by Germany and Ghana but it meant nothing.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Every game has the same anticipation, each win is relished and each defeat is disappointing. But all of them are VFM for me. After every game whatever the result im glad i was there and part of it

I''ve just been entertained by Germany and Ghana but it meant nothing.[/quote]

I would echo that.   The games I get to are quite spaced out these days, but it seems when I do go to a match, it has even more of a special feel to it than when I used to go more regularly.  I think that is why I am so ready to speak up when people start getting so down on the club.  It will ever be thus imo - there will always be those who always want more, but that is their problem.    Despite what some people keep saying, it does not mean you are easily satisfied because you don''t demand more - it means you know that there will always be better round the corner, especially when the club is run by caring supporter/owners - despite setbacks you know we will always come back better.   

So how many games?  

As many as it takes.