Sign in to follow this  
#

How many games will you give Adams.................

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I''ve just checked the terms and conditions on my season ticket and I can''t find this, what is it we can demand?

[/quote]Sorry, LOS. I''m not with you. The purchase of a season ticket is similar to any contract you enter into under English Law. The purchaser has certain rights, and can, legally, insist on them.Terms and conditions have nothing to do with that basic fact.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I''ve just checked the terms and conditions on my season ticket and I can''t find this, what is it we can demand?

[/quote]Sorry, LOS. I''m not with you. The purchase of a season ticket is similar to any contract you enter into under English Law. The purchaser has certain rights, and can, legally, insist on them.Terms and conditions have nothing to do with that basic fact.[/quote]

True, but those rights don''t include the responsibility to supply you with the requisite number of wins and football to the quality that you may desire.

[quote user="ricardo"]True, but those rights don''t include the responsibility to supply you with the requisite number of wins and football to the quality that you may desire.[/quote]Obviously, Rick.But, there again, that''s not what I said.!

Quote Wiz

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker...........IN TIME!

Sorry - technology and quote buttons not my strength....

But my point Wiz is...

Eh?

Neil Adams will be the next Walker..,,IN TIME???

So how the gubbins does ''IN TIME'' equate to 10 games???

By this logic you expect Adams to be the next Walker by the end of September. Wow! I am looking,forward to this!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]True, but those rights don''t include the responsibility to supply you with the requisite number of wins and football to the quality that you may desire.[/quote]Obviously, Rick.But, there again, that''s not what I said.![/quote]

You''ll have to explain, the examples you gave were fit for purpose issues, what ''certain things'' do you ''have the right to demand''?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]True, but those rights don''t include the responsibility to supply you with the requisite number of wins and football to the quality that you may desire.[/quote]Obviously, Rick.But, there again, that''s not what I said.![/quote]

You''ll have to explain, the examples you gave were fit for purpose issues, what ''certain things'' do you ''have the right to demand''?

[/quote]Exactly what I was thinking and in what way would any of those rights have anything to do with Reggies expectations from Adams tenure in the CR hot seat.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][

[/quote]I don''t know if you are a season ticket holder, LOS, but, presumably, like me you''d kind of feel you were on reasonable ground asking for the best available players to be sourced/picked. The tactics commensurate with a successful conclusion to a good percentage of games.Entertainment up to a certain level . That sort of thing. Do you not ask for that type of stuff when you shell out large sums of cash? And did you feel that you were given good value for money over the last couple of years?I''m not being facetious or provocative. Just curious as to what your take is on this.And before anyone jumps in...yes I am aware that I do have the option of not buying each season.

[quote user="ricardo"][Exactly what I was thinking and in what way would any of those rights have anything to do with Reggies expectations from Adams tenure in the CR hot seat.[/quote]That''s fine as it stands, Rick, but at what point did I say that Adams''s length of time as NCFC manager have anything to do with this ? You are putting words in my mouth.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"][Exactly what I was thinking and in what way would any of those rights have anything to do with Reggies expectations from Adams tenure in the CR hot seat.[/quote]That''s fine as it stands, Rick, but at what point did I say that Adams''s length of time as NCFC manager have anything to do with this ? You are putting words in my mouth.[/quote]With respect, this is what the thread is about (how many games do you give Adams) and what I am having difficulty with is your view that being a season ticket holder gives you some sort of statutory right to have your expectations fulfilled. Perhaps I am reading this wrongly but that is the impression you are conveying.There are statutory rights that we all have as season ticket holders but I fail to see how they extend beyond the obvious expectations of comfort and safety. Surely everything else, from managerial and governance issues to the quality on display are purely subjective things that the ordinary supporter can only effect by withdrawing his support.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][

[/quote]I don''t know if you are a season ticket holder, LOS, but, presumably, like me you''d kind of feel you were on reasonable ground asking for the best available players to be sourced/picked. The tactics commensurate with a successful conclusion to a good percentage of games.Entertainment up to a certain level . That sort of thing. Do you not ask for that type of stuff when you shell out large sums of cash? And did you feel that you were given good value for money over the last couple of years?I''m not being facetious or provocative. Just curious as to what your take is on this.And before anyone jumps in...yes I am aware that I do have the option of not buying each season.[/quote]

I think you''re getting confused with what a season ticket is, it allows you access to certain parts of the ground all that other stuff is what you want as a supporter, just because you''ve paid up front for entry into the ground doesn''t make you or I any different from a supporter who pays for a single match ticket. If you want something that provides all the things you listed then I''m surprised that you''ve chosen something as volatile as football to fufill your expectations.I don''t know how you judge whether a season ticket is value for money, it''s cheaper than paying for the games individually and compares favourably with other clubs so that probably makes good value. As I said earlier your other examples we''re fit for purpose examples that you could take legal recourse on, I not sure you could do that for your season ticket for the last couple of seasons.

So what are the rights your season ticket allows you to demand Reggie? And how many seasons i the last 34 have your demands been met?

[quote user="ricardo"] Perhaps I am reading this wrongly but that is the impression you are conveying.

[/quote]Yes, Rick, you are reading this wrongly. I may be many things, but I''m not stupid enough to pretend that buying a season ticket entitles me to see winning matches.But LOS, seems to getting a bit towards what I''m saying . Do YOU think that the season ticket has been fit for purpose over the last couple of years ?Perhaps people may be getting a bit hung up on the word "demanded" . Perhaps if I downgrade that to "asked" you may be a bit more comfortable.All about semantics, I suppose.....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"] Perhaps I am reading this wrongly but that is the impression you are conveying.

[/quote]Yes, Rick, you are reading this wrongly. I may be many things, but I''m not stupid enough to pretend that buying a season ticket entitles me to see winning matches.But LOS, seems to getting a bit towards what I''m saying . Do YOU think that the season ticket has been fit for purpose over the last couple of years ?Perhaps people may be getting a bit hung up on the word "demanded" . Perhaps if I downgrade that to "asked" you may be a bit more comfortable.All about semantics, I suppose.....[/quote]

I think you''re even more confused, the purpose of a season ticket is to get you into the ground so unless you''ve been refused entry with your season ticket then it has always been fit for purpose.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][I think you''re even more confused, the purpose of a season ticket is to get you into the ground so unless you''ve been refused entry with your season ticket then it has always been fit for purpose.

[/quote]You are obviously looking for a spat where none exists, LOS.Maybe the warmer weather is getting to you  ?Of course I know that my season ticket allows me entry into the stadium.What exactly is the point you are trying to make ?

Squit is being literal, Reggie is being practical. Problem solved.

No, it''s not unreasonable to expect a good show, but that''s not what the ticket guarantees.

However, if the business ignores its clients wishes, the clients will disappear so it''s in the business'' own interest to provide something to keeps its clients. That includes replacing a hopelessly inept and boring manager before it''s too late.

Well it seems the client has always been happy as he''s renewed for 34 consecutive seasons so those demands cant be too much.

All this customer/client VFM bollox is very new and very ridiculous. What happened to the supporters?

I think it''s since the middle-classes started gracing football stadia in their masses.

You could tell Hughton wasn''t for us after 45 minutes at Craven Cottage.

I''m going early this time - Adams has got the first half at Molneux!

[quote user="killiecanary"]Quote Wiz

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker...........IN TIME! Sorry - technology and quote buttons not my strength.... But my point Wiz is... Eh? Neil Adams will be the next Walker..,,IN TIME??? So how the gubbins does ''IN TIME'' equate to 10 games??? By this logic you expect Adams to be the next Walker by the end of September. Wow! I am looking,forward to this![/quote]

Do listen killie.

I always saw Adams as a No1 for at least two seasons but as he''s been fast tracked into the boss 10 games it is.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][I think you''re even more confused, the purpose of a season ticket is to get you into the ground so unless you''ve been refused entry with your season ticket then it has always been fit for purpose.

[/quote]You are obviously looking for a spat where none exists, LOS.Maybe the warmer weather is getting to you  ?Of course I know that my season ticket allows me entry into the stadium.What exactly is the point you are trying to make ?[/quote]

That''s the question we''ve been asking you? You said;"I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."Is this statement true, does buying a season ticket give you special rights?

Wiz, trying to follow your twists and turns is a little confusing!

But I stand by my point....either Adams is the man or he isn''t...he has been appointed and surely deserves more than 10 games to begin the job of turning the ship back around?

What happens if he hasn''t - another interim for another 10 games? Then another? Then another?

And what is your threshold? Top of the league? Top 6? Top half? Scoring loads of goals? Winning games but playing dull?

We have appointed the bloke. Now we need to trust him to get it right in the long-term. He will have targets set by the board for the first season and those will determine his future, not some arbitrary targets dreamt up by us!

[quote user="killiecanary"]Wiz, trying to follow your twists and turns is a little confusing!

But I stand by my point....either Adams is the man or he isn''t...he has been appointed and surely deserves more than 10 games to begin the job of turning the ship back around?

What happens if he hasn''t - another interim for another 10 games? Then another? Then another?

And what is your threshold? Top of the league? Top 6? Top half? Scoring loads of goals? Winning games but playing dull?

We have appointed the bloke. Now we need to trust him to get it right in the long-term. He will have targets set by the board for the first season and those will determine his future, not some arbitrary targets dreamt up by us![/quote]

[Y] and to quote a well known poster....Huzzah!

Killie, i agree in principal - but like you say threshold plays a vital role.

In the first 10 games we could, for example, accumulate 17 points. But fan opinion could be massively swayed by the way we are playing, the way we win, off field matters (spats between management and players etc).

So the reality is we won''t know until we know. As Ricardo has pretty much said before, when it''s coming you know - but until then...

Look at Hughton. The first season was a major success - he isn''t given enough credit for that first season because, really, it was a much harder job than the second. Perhaps that''s partially why there was so much fan frustration. In fact not perhaps, it was certainly relevant.

The reality was - though - that from not long after that well-discussed 11 game unbeaten run - we were slowly on a downhill spiral. We weren''t getting results - defence was making costly errors and we were looking ineffective up front. Which only worsened when Holt left and the next season started. Last season was full of downers and drab games with very little in the way of good attacking football to get the fans on side. Yet it still took that awful West Brom fiasco for the fans to make themselves properly heard.

It''s my opinion that despite some of the loud-mouths on here - NCFC fans are generally quite a patient, generous bunch. There''ll always be small sections who say and act differently but on the whole our owners and fans have been patient with managers - it hasn''t really benefitted us as of yet. Maybe if we''re patient with this one we''ll get lucky - who knows?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]That''s the question we''ve been asking you? You said;"I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."Is this statement true, does buying a season ticket give you special rights?

[/quote]LOS, Ice Cold Pineapple Soda calls it right above. It''s a fairly simpe concept to grasp, to be fair.I''ve given you an answer some time ago re this. You may not like it.It may not fit in with your agenda, nor the argument you are , for some unbeknown reason, trying to pick over this, but, sorry, I can''t help that.

Hog ease I think we are patient.

Worthy should have gone earlier, gunn should never have been given the job and should never have kept it after his one impressive bounce back win. Hughton had half a season too long. Yes I expected 17th and knew it was hard, but when the board did not get rid before the transfer window and then we got I a few loans that was never the answer.

Adams for me is in a cushy position with this management team around him. No other manager will want all these other generals. So it will be hard to move on from this as total change will be needed. Therefore this board will give him the season for certain.

Again I think after 15 games we will know, we will know the calibre of signings and at the end of the transfer window we will see what we have. Think a few loans from prem clubs may come into it, the lad who Man U bought from Crewe in midfield may be a good option.

But either way we will see from performances, results and if by Xmas we are plodding along then we may need a change, the gaol is promotion, simple. Adams is charged with that. Play offs is very good but we need to win that, we need to bounce back this season this is not a total rebuild, we need key signings and the right ethos for this division so we impose our promotion present isles if we don''t it will be a long way back.

The managers signing was the most important this summer and I still think this group is not going to get us promotion, I hope they do. But I have reservations as many of us do.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]That''s the question we''ve been asking you? You said;"I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club."Is this statement true, does buying a season ticket give you special rights?[/quote]LOS, Ice Cold Pineapple Soda calls it right above. It''s a fairly simpe concept to grasp, to be fair.I''ve given you an answer some time ago re this. You may not like it.It may not fit in with your agenda, nor the argument you are , for some unbeknown reason, trying to pick over this, but, sorry, I can''t help that.[/quote]

Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position - usually by changing the subject or just repeating the statements. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position - usually by changing the subject or just repeating the statements. 

[/quote]No, just you, Lake. Perhaps you can point me towards anything that I''ve said that''s inaccurate or misunderstood in this thread?In point of fact, it''s others who''ve gone a tad OTT. At no point did I ever say that being a season ticket holder bestows me with ''special rights''. As usual it was something that you/others casually invented.

smooth wrote the following post at 21/06/2014 8:07 AM:

"The managers signing was the most important this summer and I still think this group is not going to get us promotion, I hope they do. But I have reservations as many of us do. "

Which ''group'' are you referring to? The Management Team or the Squad?