Sign in to follow this  
#

How many games will you give Adams.................

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Chip20"].

The manager will be under scrutiny from day one; not after x number of games. As Ricardo says, he will be booted out when the NCFC Board chooses; not when a critical mass of us on here think it is time.[/quote]Ultimately, though, I''m puzzled as to what your strategy would be. If things are clearly not going well, do you just don the stiff upper lip and plough on regardless, in the hope that something might turn up, Micawber style?  That was the idea favoured by LDC and his chums last season, and look where it got us. Or would you be smart enough to recognise the sign of failure early, and do something about it ?[/quote]

What I find so strange is that you can''t find it in yourself to think that players/management can''t improve or develop their strategy if things aren''t going well.  You seem to advocate - we must win and keep winning or Adams must go - but that would only lead to more upheaval, player disatisfaction and poor results. 

Hughton did not develop his strategy (as I and others hoped he would) - imo he just tried all the harder to implement the same strategy - hence in the end the apparent running out of ideas.  This does not mean the same will happen with Adams.  We have positive people all round at CR on the management side and plenty of advice available.   IF we struggle to get going - then there is room for improvement without upheaval/angst/supporters losing patience. The new set up looks designed to be able to cope with most situations - but to throw it out after a few games if it doesn''t gel straight away is bordering on lunacy.

[quote user="lake district canary"]What I find so strange is that you can''t find it in yourself to think that players/management can''t improve or develop their strategy if things aren''t going well.  You seem to advocate - we must win and keep winning or Adams must go - but that would only lead to more upheaval, player disatisfaction and poor results. 

[/quote]Not for the first time, LDC, you either do not read my posts properly, or twist them to suit your own agenda.Let me make it clear. I have never advocated that Adams''s services should be dispensed with if things are not going totally swimmingly after 5/10/15 games , as some have suggested. Like you I''m pretty sure that things will not necessarily go all our own way in that period, and that is indeed the time for fans to remain stable...and for everyone to see what''s not right and rectify it; quickly. If you can find any post of mine at variance from that I''d be very interested.I''ve been consistent in saying that, after a reasonable bedding in period (I suggested Xmas), we find ourselves struggling, then a change of staff/emphasis should be considered. It''s what any company or indeed private individual would do, so why should a football club be any different ?Now.....is my view on this finally clear to you ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]What I find so strange is that you can''t find it in yourself to think that players/management can''t improve or develop their strategy if things aren''t going well.  You seem to advocate - we must win and keep winning or Adams must go - but that would only lead to more upheaval, player disatisfaction and poor results.  [/quote]Not for the first time, LDC, you either do not read my posts properly, or twist them to suit your own agenda.Let me make it clear. I have never advocated that Adams''s services should be dispensed with if things are not going totally swimmingly after 5/10/15 games , as some have suggested. Like you I''m pretty sure that things will not necessarily go all our own way in that period, and that is indeed the time for fans to remain stable...and for everyone to see what''s not right and rectify it; quickly. If you can find any post of mine at variance from that I''d be very interested.I''ve been consistent in saying that, after a reasonable bedding in period (I suggested Xmas), we find ourselves struggling, then a change of staff/emphasis should be considered. It''s what any company or indeed private individual would do, so why should a football club be any different ?Now.....is my view on this finally clear to you ?[/quote]

Reading your posts properly?? As in  - "would you be smart enough to

recognise the sign of failure early, and do something about it ?
"  "Early" to me means early in the season.   Fine, you''ve clarified your position now, but if you are going to say things like "early" then people will assume you mean "early" in the season, not "mid-season".    So don''t come it with me about twisting things around, matey.  If you are going to accuse others about not being accurate, ''let he that hath no sin cast the first stone'' and all that, eh? 

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]What I find so strange is that you can''t find it in yourself to think that players/management can''t improve or develop their strategy if things aren''t going well.  You seem to advocate - we must win and keep winning or Adams must go - but that would only lead to more upheaval, player disatisfaction and poor results. 

[/quote]Not for the first time, LDC, you either do not read my posts properly, or twist them to suit your own agenda.Let me make it clear. I have never advocated that Adams''s services should be dispensed with if things are not going totally swimmingly after 5/10/15 games , as some have suggested. Like you I''m pretty sure that things will not necessarily go all our own way in that period, and that is indeed the time for fans to remain stable...and for everyone to see what''s not right and rectify it; quickly. If you can find any post of mine at variance from that I''d be very interested.I''ve been consistent in saying that, after a reasonable bedding in period (I suggested Xmas), we find ourselves struggling, then a change of staff/emphasis should be considered. It''s what any company or indeed private individual would do, so why should a football club be any different ?Now.....is my view on this finally clear to you ?[/quote]When the Board decide its time to change it is seldom a surprise. Worthy/Burnley, Gunn/Colchester and Hughton/WBA were obvious trigger games for anyone who had seen it before. On each of those occasions I doubt that anybody leaving the ground was in two minds about what was going to happen next. These things take a bit of time to build up, as the Hughton saga proved last year, so even if we have a bad start I can''t see any likelihood of a change of direction before the New Year at earliest.Hopefully it won''t amount to that and Adams will at least do well enough to give us a bit of stability going forward. The first half dozen games are likely to set the tone so it seems pointless to speculate until we have something concrete to speculate upon.

As always Ricardo comes in with the rational cautious voice of reason.

Fans reactions will be impossible assess what our squad will change /look like let alone perform before Oct. defeats with strong performances could be OK while dour lucky wins could spark a revolt.

I can only take a game a time but I expect to take stock of the squad early august and then play by the oct international break.

[quote user="lake district canary"][  Fine, you''ve clarified your position now, but if you are going to say things like "early" then people will assume you mean "early" in the season, not "mid-season".   [/quote]No . Lake...... just you. From the off I said Xmas. In fact, Boxing Day, to be accurate. Never did I say, early in the season.If you wish to twist what I''ve said or misunderstand my posts, then that''s up to you, but I''ve been clear on this FROM THE START.

If we lose the first 5 games it''ll be no good reggie asking the board to wait til xmas before they put the manager ''under scrutiny''.

Please remember that Adams has already played 5 games.........with no wins, or do we not count them? [^o)]

its more the tactics used in those games that i''m appalled at tbh wiz, not the result. Although in those 5 games everyone expected him (or anyone) to do better than he did, the tactics were just terrible in every game, that is something he can''t afford to do this season in a competitive league where we are top dog (for this season)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Count them for what Wiz?[/quote]

His survival/record of course Nutty.

Also you have to factor in this was a very very unpopular appointment so the fans will be ready to turn almost from day one if things start badly . Imo i cannot see Adams lasting untill Xmas , if his first five games in charge are anything to go by this is going to be a season to forget . Neil Lennon still available , how on earth did we fail to even speak to the man , well we all know dont we Delia wanted her Neil at whatever cost  to the club .

Agree with the clean slate.If we see some passion, attacking intent, team spirit, camaradarie and a "never give up" spirit in the first few games then that will keep me happy as our players are as good as any in the Championship and the above qualities will see us right.If I see arguing, negativity, heads down, fear and defensiveness then it''s the exit sooner rather than later.But I believe we will see the former and it''s down to the players to deliver the goods in what will be a constructive and positive environment.As was said many times last season, it''s not just the results - it''s the manner of the results that define a manager''s success.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][  Fine, you''ve clarified your position now, but if you are going to say things like "early" then people will assume you mean "early" in the season, not "mid-season".   [/quote]No . Lake...... just you. From the off I said Xmas. In fact, Boxing Day, to be accurate. Never did I say, early in the season.If you wish to twist what I''ve said or misunderstand my posts, then that''s up to you, but I''ve been clear on this FROM THE START.[/quote]

You mention Boxing Day and then you say this "So please do not knock us if we, quite rightly demand a better than

decent showing from the team right from the off, never mind just the

2015 portion of the season."

You say one thing and then add another.  So which is it - Boxing Day or right from the beginning?    We can all be unclear and contradict ourselves - I admit it - we all

do it - only you don''t admit it, even when it is pointed out to you.

Who are fans to demand anything anyway?   Demand?  Hope is the best thing we can have - hope that the board has got it right. Hope the manger does well.  Hope the players perform.  Demand?  That is the trouble. People think they have a right to "demand" things.  The only thing I would possibly "demand" from the team and manager is that they try their hardest.  The rest is down to the matches, the competition and the luck/decisions. 

Wiz has a stick and he always has to bash the club with it for some obscure reason. Never happy unless it''s something he can come back with to say ''Told you so'' after 10 variations of posts to try and cover himself. Why do it? The last 5 games last season were near impossible for any manager to come in and get any form of results from. Get over that fact, it''s now history. As other reasonable posters have said, new management team and clean sheet. Fresh start - if you can''t handle that, just sod off!

[quote user="lake district canary"]

You mention Boxing Day and then you say this "So please do not knock us if we, quite rightly demand a better than

You say one thing and then add another.  So which is it - Boxing Day or right from the beginning?    We can all be unclear and contradict ourselves - I admit it - we all

do it - only you don''t admit it, even when it is pointed out to you.

[/quote]No, Lake. Yet again you are twisting my words to suit your agenda.If you read it ,properly this time, you''ll see that  what I was saying was that(like most of us I hope) that I''ll be looking for or demanding a decent/improved showing right from the start of hostilities. Unlike you who seem to be prepared to accept a prolonged bedding in period and won''t be too bothered if we do not see improved performances from Day One . ie your usual easily satisfied attitude.The reference to Boxing Day was, if things are not going to plan by then, it would be time( imo) to consider the manager''s position.Two completely different things.In your own inimitable way you appear to have got this thread going around in circles yet again, so it''s time to move on.

This season is our best chance of promotion. Fail and we can retrench for years thereafter. The October international break - after a quarter of the season - is the point at which we should be able to pass judgement on the management team.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]You mention Boxing Day and then you say this "So please do not knock us if we, quite rightly demand a better than

do it - only you don''t admit it, even when it is pointed out to you.[/quote]No, Lake. Yet again you are twisting my words to suit your agenda.If you read it ,properly this time, you''ll see that  what I was saying was that(like most of us I hope) that I''ll be looking for or demanding a decent/improved showing right from the start of hostilities. Unlike you who seem to be prepared to accept a prolonged bedding in period and won''t be too bothered if we do not see improved performances from Day One . ie your usual easily satisfied attitude.The reference to Boxing Day was, if things are not going to plan by then, it would be time( imo) to consider the manager''s position.Two completely different things.In your own inimitable way you appear to have got this thread going around in circles yet again, so it''s time to move on.[/quote]

Yes I agree. You won''t accept criticism.  You say stuff that is unclear, contradicting yourself, then attack when questioned about it, with your own misleading view of what others have written.  I will not be satisfied with a proplonged bedding in period, merely accepting it - if it happens - as being something that was obviously necessary.   Unlike you and a lot of people on here I will not be demanding anything.  I will just accept what happens and enjoy the season and matches that I get to for what they are.  I and you are in no position to demand anything.  That is part of the trouble with football supporters generally - too demanding and unrealistic expectations.   Since I started watching Norwich in the late sixties, I have never "demanded" anything of them.  I am not an expert and neither are 99% of football fans - so who are we to demand anything??

Just because you keep repeating this drivel , LDC, doesn''t make it fact. So just stop digging. The hole is big enough already.Your final sentence just about sums up your'' easily satisfied'' mentality. Fair enough. It''s in your psyche. Not right or wrong. Just you. But stop denying it.To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club. In the same way that when I buy a pint of Adnams at the pub I demand it''s drinkable. And when I buy an air ticket I demand the airline gets me to my destination on time, safely. and when I buy a shirt from M+S , I demand it does not fall apart the first time Mrs Reg puts it in the washing machine.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club. In the same way that when I buy a pint of Adnams at the pub I demand it''s drinkable. And when I buy an air ticket I demand the airline gets me to my destination on time, safely. and when I buy a shirt from M+S , I demand it does not fall apart the first time Mrs Reg puts it in the washing machine.[/quote]This is poppycock. 

To start with, you buy your season ticket - I buy my match tickets, I don''t see what the difference is there, we are both supporters.  

You can expect a certain standard of quality on things you buy, obviously, but sport is somewhat different - there is always an opposition with sport - people that can affect what your team is doing.   Its a two way process.  To listen to some people you would think that the team just have to go on the pitch and lo and behold we''ll win every game - and if they don''t its time to start calling for the manager''s head.  But the clue is in the title "sport".   Its not cut and dried.  You can''t control it.   People wanting control are better off doing something they can control, like riding a bike, or going for a walk. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

To convince you he''s the man for the job.

Keep in mind he has no wins yet!

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]To everything, turn, turn, turn...[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker.

Thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he

doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts

work, he starts today and he knows his tactics

backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="Wiz"]

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker...........IN TIME!

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts work, he starts today and he knows his tactics backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]

[/quote]

There you go Bore....or Chops whatever you''re called these days............quote amended.

[quote user="Wiz"]If it is Adams thats me finished on here.........they can shove it![/quote]

perhaps you could amend this one as well

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="Wiz"]

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]To everything, turn, turn, turn...[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker...........IN TIME!

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts work, he starts today and he knows his tactics backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote][/quote]

There you go Bore....or Chops whatever you''re called these days............quote amended.[/quote]

"Adams will be the next Walker...........IN TIME!"

"Its 10 games from me."

If you really believe that Wiz, why are you only to give him ten matches? You are contradicting yourself.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This is poppycock. 

To start with, you buy your season ticket - I buy my match tickets, I don''t see what the difference is there, we are both supporters.  

You can expect a certain standard of quality on things you buy, obviously, but sport is somewhat different - there is always an opposition with sport - people that can affect what your team is doing.   Its a two way process.  To listen to some people you would think that the team just have to go on the pitch and lo and behold we''ll win every game - and if they don''t its time to start calling for the manager''s head.  But the clue is in the title "sport".   Its not cut and dried.  You can''t control it.   People wanting control are better off doing something they can control, like riding a bike, or going for a walk. 

[/quote]Oh dear...for the ump-umpteenth time, LDC does what he does best and totally misses the point.Lakey, I''ve got far too much to get on with this afternoon to spend time explaining it to you yet again like a schoolkid. If you cannot understand simple concepts then, I''m sorry, that''s your problem.And you have the cheek to accuse me of not accepting criticism.......

Poor Reggir. You continue with your flawed arguments and anyone that questions them is subjected to bombast and attempts to deflect from what you are being criticised for. It is not a level playing field with you, so I''m out.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Just because you keep repeating this drivel , LDC, doesn''t make it fact. So just stop digging. The hole is big enough already.Your final sentence just about sums up your'' easily satisfied'' mentality. Fair enough. It''s in your psyche. Not right or wrong. Just you. But stop denying it.To answer your question , unlike you, I pay for a season ticket each and every season, so yes I DO have the right to demand certain things from the Football Club. In the same way that when I buy a pint of Adnams at the pub I demand it''s drinkable. And when I buy an air ticket I demand the airline gets me to my destination on time, safely. and when I buy a shirt from M+S , I demand it does not fall apart the first time Mrs Reg puts it in the washing machine.[/quote]

I''ve just checked the terms and conditions on my season ticket and I can''t find this, what is it we can demand?

[quote user="lake district canary"]  People wanting control are better off doing something they can control, like riding a bike, or going for a walk. 

[/quote]

or posting endless lectures on a football forum, perhaps