Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Norwich put £6.5M price tag on Snodgrass

[quote user="morty"]

Poor Lakey, did I touch a raw nerve?

[:(]

And Reggie, actually the recurring theme here is you and Lakey trying desperately to prove who is less of a bell-end.

For your info, you''re both losing[Y]

[/quote]If you say so, Morty/TC.But there again I never take anything seriously from someone who fills his postings with silly ''emoticons''.As I say, like watching schoolkids.....

When I think of Snodgrass I picture a player remonstrating with the Referee. In open play more often than not he cuts back inside due to lack of pace. He is one of those rare modern-day players managing to ''get away with it'' when it comes to sluggishness. He pumps up the crowd, faces the media under challenging circumstances - which doesn''t automatically make him a leader -  and endears enough supporters to the point of voting for him even though he failed to perform consistently ALL season like Olsson did. Having said that, Snodgrass can be a dead-ball match winner and would be a gem in the Championship. 

I think he''d probably enjoy beating a few Championship sides providing he'' still on a decent salary.

Going to Hull is hardly a rock-solid option as they could easily revert to the Championship next year too.

Should he depart, Matt Jarvis'' transfer from Wolves to West Ham in 2012 at £10.75m (media figure - fee was officially undisclosed) surely sets the benchmark. Is Snoddy really only valued at 50% of Jarvis?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]

And Reggie, actually the recurring theme here is you and Lakey trying desperately to prove who is less of a bell-end.

[/quote]

If you say so, Morty/TC.

But there again I never take anything seriously from someone who fills his postings with silly ''emoticons''.

As I say, like watching schoolkids.....
[/quote]

Huzzah! [:D]

If we were offered around £5 - 6 million I would seriously consider doing a deal for that kind of money. Snodgrass is a good player but I do sometimes wonder whether his style of play is one of the reasons we have been so toothless in front of goal this year.

It is fair to say that most of our attacking play is channelled through him, but this does come at a price. He does have a propensity to check inside and slow down attacks allowing the defending team ample opportunity to readjust and defend the danger.

In reality I think that Snodgrass will stay and probably hold out for a free transfer to Celtic. The fact he is on a bosman also means he will be able to agree much more favourable terms with them.

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

Well you would know all about bell-ends, you being the biggest one (or maybe that should be ''smallest'').  

As for you touching a nerve, planks don''t generally have that effect on me. 

Have I been transported to a parallel universe ?

Just turned my laptop on to find Wiz giving Morty a Huzzah and poor old Lakey trying a vain attempt to add humour to his dribble. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Have I been transported to a parallel universe ?

Just turned my laptop on to find Wiz giving Morty a Huzzah and poor old Lakey trying a vain attempt to add humour to his dribble. [:D]

[/quote]

The ''Huzzah'' was for Reggie Til.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]there were plenty of calls for him to be dropped earlier in the season when he was off  form...[/quote]

Mainly from you. [:S]

[/quote]

Not true. I am not his only critic, by a long way.

[/quote]

Well done for ignoring Hogesar''s valid points[Y]
[/quote]

Who the f*** asked you? 

The conversation with Hogesar was over, I questioned him and he answered. No problem. 

So you can climb back in your cage now. 

[/quote]

To quote Lakey retort to another on the "How many games will you give Adams " thread.....

"Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position"

Just another example of the hypocrisy that Lakey engages in.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]there were plenty of calls for him to be dropped earlier in the season when he was off  form...[/quote]

Mainly from you. [:S][/quote]Not true. I am not his only critic, by a long way.[/quote]Well done for ignoring Hogesar''s valid points[Y][/quote]

Who the f*** asked you?  The conversation with Hogesar was over, I questioned him and he answered. No problem.  So you can climb back in your cage now. [/quote]

To quote Lakey retort to another on the "How many games will you give Adams " thread....."Maybe its because he sees what others see - you making inaccurate assessments of posters or misunderstanding what they say, then compounding it by avoiding them when they defend their position" 

Just another example of the hypocrisy that Lakey engages in.

[/quote]

Are you actually serious?    If you look at the brief conversation I had with Hogesar, he made a comment, I asked him a question about it and he answered.   What on earth is wrong with that?  

Roll on the new season.............

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Roll on the new season.............

[/quote]

Just remember the bet on the PUPs thread Lakey so at least we will not have to put up with you starting thread after thread day in and day out. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Roll on the new season.............[/quote]

Just remember the bet on the PUPs thread Lakey so at least we will not have to put up with you starting thread after thread day in and day out. [;)]

[/quote]

You can write the cheque out now if you like, no problem - from day one of the new season, I won''t start a thread until the end of the season.

(It''ll just mean I''ll have to get my opinions out more on other people''s threads [:D]

Well it was your idea.......

[H]

He''s worth far more to us than that! He was basically played as a wingback for the past two seasons, he rarely received the ball after the half way line during our counter attacks. And due to our stupidly rigid, cautious system he only ever had static team mates to aim for in zonal positions that were incredibly easy to defend against and cut out his passes.

Played as a proper right winger with less defensive responsibility, against poorer defenders in this league in a team with a lot more movement off the ball to create space for him and give him options he will be absolutely lethal. He isn''t worth it in reality, but it would be madness to sell for under 8 Million. Rhodes and McCormack aren''t worth their asking price either, it just puts clubs off. DO NOT SELL!