Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

New kit this year?

We will have a new kit every season now pal, it''s the way football clubs work nowadays, the coming seasons kit has not been released yet probably due to not knowing for sure who will be here (to model it) and not wanting to repeat last seasons cock up e.g RVW marketing campaign.

The present kit was heavily reduced in the Carrow Rd shop on Saturday, so.........

When I was last in the Mall shop, I was told July. Wondering if it will be a Norfolk Show unveiling and then for sale the Monday after.

A friend of mine who works in stadium design has said Nike are the new shirt manufacturers and the kit that is a similar design to the Brazil shirt will be announced after the World Cup. He is working on the seating arrangements in the stands for the Nike tick in the seats as Nike thought there would be empty seats during the games following relegation. The club corrected them saying nearly every game except cup competitions would be sold out. The second kit will be dark blue similar to that used by Holland in their opening game.

What Rusty said would definitely be a curveball due to there not being even a sniff of this elsewhere, but it certainly isn''t unthinkable.

I can''t find anything to suggest Errea''s deal is continuing and McNally has a history of dealing with Nike. All very interesting.

The RvW marketing campaign was only a cock up because he flopped. It worked very well last summer.

Nike would be class if that''s true! We have been lumbered with also ran companies making our kits for years! We really need to become a bit more fashionable as a club, shake off the backwater, inbred, farmer image we seem to give off.

So Nike just re-cycles the Brazil home and Dutch away shirts? Works for me :-)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The RvW marketing campaign was only a cock up because he flopped. It worked very well last summer.

Nike would be class if that''s true! We have been lumbered with also ran companies making our kits for years! We really need to become a bit more fashionable as a club, shake off the backwater, inbred, farmer image we seem to give off.[/quote]What he said..

Really hope we don''t go for some generic copy cat Nike rubbish. At least with Errea we don''t get an identical kit as another team just in different colours.

As long as we play in yellow / green / yellow I don''t care who makes the kit and I really don''t see who makes the kit changes the status of a club one bit.

It''s success on the pitch that does, followed by how many $$ the kit maker offers as a sponsorship deal..

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The RvW marketing campaign was only a cock up because he flopped. It worked very well last summer.

Nike would be class if that''s true! We have been lumbered with also ran companies making our kits for years! We really need to become a bit more fashionable as a club, shake off the backwater, inbred, farmer image we seem to give off.[/quote]

really, or just your opinion of us  ?as to Nike they are fine if we want a chav image irrespective of the money they spend on advertising and promotion the quality of their goods is very low grade

ps wouldn''t want any curved balls either, the round ones will do

it needs to be completely dfferent to the last two so as to shame cheapskates into buying a new one rather than have them turning up in last seasons shirtmaybe the club could introduce a second half shirt - would definitely be a good earner

This is one of my biggest bugbears with the club the past few years actually! Because of the smaller kit manufacturers we''ve used, it''s basically impossible to find a Norwich shirt outside of the city itself.

You see people all over the world these days wearing West Ham, Sunderland, Cardiff etc shirts, as well as the obvious big 5 or 6 clubs. You can go into a manufacturer''s store or a big sports retailer in Seoul or Dubai or New York or Beijing and buy them, because they use the big-name shirt manufacturers. But Norwich... well, forget internationally - last time I was in Kings Lynn, I couldn''t even buy a Norwich kit in the sports shop there! (I could, however, buy an Adidas AIK Solna away shirt - fine if you happen to like obscure Swedish football...)

Ultimately it''s not about revenue, it''s about building global awareness of the club and the brand, and by using semi-obscure kit manufacturers and basically not selling the shirts outside of the city, Norwich have totally failed to do that recently. People might know the name after a couple of years in the top flight, but we need to have yellow shirts on people''s backs to make us into a well-known and respected team worldwide. We need to use one of the big kit manufacturers if we''re ever going to achieve that.

Plus if the rumours are true, then that Netherlands away kit is very nice, and would work just as well with the right shade of green or yellow trim as it does with orange...

And let''s not forget the quality of the shirt itself. The Errea shirt, for all intents and purposes, is sh*te.

Has anyone checked out the Brazil shirt? Yes, it''s more expensive, but the material they use is so much better than the cheap, plastic-like fabric from Errea.

If this was actually true (and i''m sure it''s not), I would actually consider wearing my Norwich shirt out and about, rather than just to matches. No more horrible, sweaty, scratchy, sticky fabric to deal with, and a quality design that doesn''t look like a bargain bin reject from Primark.

And while we''re at it, let''s update the badge as well. I know we''ve had this discussion before, but the badge is horribly oversized and outdated. And don''t give me this ''tradition'' rubbish. If you want tradition, then let''s revert to the early 20th century design of a solitary canary. Simple and elegant.

The Holland kit is in action on ITV just now, along with the Australia kit which I think would be a great look for us (bar the white socks)

If it will make us play like the Australians this half I would be happy.

I''m not usually one for brand names and ''gimmicky'' things, but I''ve got a couple of Barca shirts that I got cheap for use at the gym.They''ve got their ''dri-fit'' technology in them and I have to say, it''s pretty damn good. I sweat pretty profusely when I''m on the x-trainer and they really do seem to work. The outside of the shirt is literally wringing wet, but the inside is still reasonably dry.I''m not desperate for nike as a sponsor, but the quality of their shirts is excellent. [Y]

Well the City site says "the new errea 2014-15 kit" so that kind of tells me its still being made by error, might be wrong though!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Well the City site says "the new errea 2014-15 kit" so that kind of tells me its still being made by error, might be wrong though![/quote]

Yer, an error to let errea still make our shirts, it looks like the one from the year it was to big round the neck, horrible shirt!!

Seems the theme of next season will be back to basics, back to the Norwich way, and the new kit is in keeping with this. No horrible green bars like last season. I like it. Just hope they haven''t done anything stupid to the front.
martin
martin2

[IMG]http://s28.postimg.org/7alor7xnx/png.png[/IMG]

Based on everything I can find, I would think the end product won''t be that far from this.