Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

counter petition

I received this a few moments ago from a Everton supporter, while not being as abusive as some of the other mails I have received, he is still maintaining he heard the racial chant. I have only omitted his personal details.

Gordon

I was at the Everton v Norwich game with my 8 yr old son and my father, and in the second half I, along with a section of the crowd around me, quite clearly heard a section of the Norwich supporters chant "You black ***" at Yobo. Now, I read on your website that the chant actually referred to Wayne Rooney''s size - ie it was presumably "You fat ***". Quite apart from the cracking humour that entails I am somewhat frustrated your website doesn''t at least give the option for an Everton fan (or neutral) at that game to give their view of what they think they heard, whether you consider them right or wrong. I am personally delighted that EFC were willing to turn on a spotlight, on clear racial comments.

By not even acknowledging that many decent, well meaning people thought they heard a racist chant at that point in the game you do your cause a disservice. In light of this I am planning to set up a counter-petition so Everton supporters can air their views, I will of course let you know the outcome, but will be keeping the url strictly private.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

He could always come on here, as I remember one Everton fan doing, and make his feelings known. I don''t know what exactly his 8-year-old son and father being at the game has to do with the chant, but there we go. Is it supposed to be some sort of attempt to force a guilt trip on us for racist chanting in front of his family?

Everton are turning the light on clear racial comments?? What, those comments that only Everton''s PR department and a handful of fans? These chants that eluded the police and stewards surrounding the Norwich support? The chants that weren''t picked up by the BBC''s microphones placed around the ground?? Also, what''s the point of setting up a website which we won''t be able to see, let alone access. I bet they don''t discuss their own alleged racial chanting at their own players on there.

Personally, I''m fed up with this. The allegations can''t be proven, as a recording of the match and witness statements from the police monitoring the situation say otherwise. Let''s just leave the whole sorry episode - there was no racist chanting from the Norwich support, and perhaps these people that supposedly heard some chanting should let the matter drop.

Kennyfoggo, was this individual referring to this site? Or was it in reference to another?

he was referring to the petition site.... I am fed up with it a little but as long as our club continue to fight to OUR name as well as theirs I will continue to plug away