Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Respect

Just a general football thing here and would be interesting to hear people''s views. The FA Respect campaign has been going on for some time now. Under that comes respect for referees. I watch rugby and see the referee calling players over without himself taking a step. The player goes to the referee takes his talking to and moves on. I am sick of seeing footballers persistently walking away from the referee when he is blowing his whistle to call them back and then seeing the referee walk towards the player to talk to him or book him. Does anytime agree that a yellow card should be shown to a player who doesn''t show the necessary respect. After all we are all trying to teach the kids of today the right way aren''t we ?

[quote user="im spartacus"]i think the freekick 10 yard spray should be introduced into this country without delay, it is such a simple idea and works wonders and stops encroaching defensive  walls like magic.[/quote]

As with the computer, the magic secret formula, technologically revolutionary super foam spray is only as good as the person that uses it.  In this case it only works if the refs can count ten steps.   Perhaps if they were given another revolutionary device - I hear the tape measure is the next big advance.....

The lack of respect for officials is part of the reason they are so poor in ability imo.

It wouldn''t take long for things to change if cards got branded and lack of respect to refs cost clubs points.

It takes the FA/PL/FL/FIFA giving them the necessary backing to do this though.

I was stunned when an Argentine player pulled up the corner flag, tossed it down, walked away, and the ref strolled over to the flag to replace it and nothing was said or done to the offending player. I thought wasting time was a yellow card.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]I was stunned when an Argentine player pulled up the corner flag, tossed it down, walked away, and the ref strolled over to the flag to replace it and nothing was said or done to the offending player. I thought wasting time was a yellow card.[/quote]

removal of the corner flag is a yellow card offence.

The standard of refs is supposedly poor everywhere, this to me suggests it''s too hard a job for a human to get right often enough.

Perhaps the refs need more help. Some silly rules need to be sorted out like being booked for removing your shirt and not being allowed to appeal some red cards if the ref has already dealt with it etc. I think the fourth official should have more of a say and be able to watch replays and then tell the ref when a key decision goes by his two eyes. It''d be a challenge to implement but it''d stop a lot of wrong decisions. Stuff like a wrongly awarded penalty or disallowed goal. If it''s obvious that it should have been given it should be given.

they need to be stricter with throw ins too. nearly every single throw in in the pro game is a foul throw!

how many players gan 5 or 6 yards by running up the line? I think they should make all throws stationary.