Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Be Careful John Ruddy.....

The only other time I can remember us playing Wolves away first game up was in 1973. The game was memorable for the great Kevin Keelan getting tangled in the Molineux goal net bringing the whole frame down on top of him.  

The great man returned after treatment but couldn''t prevent a 3-1 defeat.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The only other time I can remember us playing Wolves away first game up was in 1973. The game was memorable for the great Kevin Keelan getting tangled in the Molineux goal net bringing the whole frame down on top of him.  

The great man returned after treatment but couldn''t prevent a 3-1 defeat.

[/quote]

I was at that game** and remember that it looked very serious at first. Everybody, including all the WW players showed concern, except that is for their manager Bill McGarry who spent the whole of the delay dancing along the touchline and celebrating the goal in front of the baying home support.

I disrespected him for that at the time and still remember it.

** Even the most committed amongst the plastics has been known to get off from the sofa occasionally.  

Living in the midlands, Wolves was one of the games we always went to. More bad memories than good:

http://www.wolverhamptonwanderers-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/wolverhampton_wanderers/vs/norwich_city/index.shtml

I was lucky enough to be there in 95/96 for our only league win, and for the 3-3 draw when Carl Cort scored.

Also, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake scored a hat trick, and everyone liked his song so much we started singing it about Wes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7861170.stm

[quote user="City1st"]never liked that placethis didn''t help either

[/quote]

That game was my first ever away game!!

Got a couple of happy memories though. Was there in 2002 when we held out to get to the play-off final and was also there for the 3-3 draw that Mighty Yellows saw.