Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

How do u feel about relegation?

Now the dust has settled and most of us are distracted from club football by the world cup, how do you now feel about relegation? Me personally, the anger and frustration has dissipated and I have moved on. Im looking forward to club football becoming interesting again when the world cup ends, transfers start to happen and clubs prepare for kick off. I feel like Premiership football has gone and am now focussing on the excitement of challenging for promotion. We now have the chance to win something rather than avoid something. So how do you feel?

[quote user="Wizard of Waveney "]I feel moist[/quote]In a sexy kinda way, or a fungal infection kinda way?

It is what it is. I accepted it pretty quickly as just another chapter on the ride that is supporting Norwich. We''ll be back.

Despite what certain ''sages'' on here would have you believe, there''s b*gger all we, as fans , can do about it.So, to that extent , I''ve just accepted it now, though, as expected, last Wed morning was a bit of a kick in the teeth when the fixture list promised trips to Rotherham, Brentford and Millwall as opposed to Chelsea, Man Citeh and Liverpool.Also, still pretty hacked off that it was all eminently avoidable if the board had only got their collective @rses into gear earlier.

Accepted it pretty quickly. A big part of me will not miss the premier league at all. The diving foreigners the horrendous refereeing the exposure that just leads to an insanity amongst some fans, especially the exiles. I''d probably be a lot more gutted if we weren''t now completely financially safe in an era where clubs of our ilk go to the wall and it is accepted by the rest of the footballing community as some sort of necessity or acceptable casualty to keep the money rolling in to entertain South East Asians in arsenal shirts.

More and more the championship is being seen as a sort of "haven" for football fans. Exciting, fast paced and players of real skill involved. I''m glad to be a part of that. Clubs like us will always lose focus when we hit te top league because realistically we can''t compete consistently and fan malaise comes in. When shooting for a goal I believe we can pull together and do well.

The way I''ve reacted and others I know seems to be pointing towards what I believe will be the next step for club football, a European super league where the "big" clubs will compete against one another each week and the rest of the clubs will compete in a seperate domestic league, I kind of hole this happens in a way because football can be given back to the people that really count and the no-mark football fans can have their stylised BS version of football, drooling in front of a television humming along to the Ford advert with a 4 pack of skol wearing an arsenal shirt that has a Chelsea players name on the back. If te way to jettison that element of the game is through a split into a European super league then so be it.

[quote user="splutcho"]"The diving foreigners"

Little Norfolk.[/quote]Yes, whilst there is a superficial attraction and accuracy to Buh''s rant, you do get tthe feeling that, if UKIP had a policy on football, it would read something like it.In the end most of us want to see our club competing at the highest possible level, and the idea that we should permanently stay in some sort of  ''Mum knows best'' re-creation of the 1950''s, aka the Championship is frankly, risible. If for no other reason that we''d get bored with that pretty damn quickly too.Of course we know that, as things stand we cannot compete financially with the Manc/ Merseyside/London clubs, but that applies to Stoke, Southampton, Villa, Hull, Swansea, WHU, WBA and several others. There is no earthly reason why we cannot make a decent fist of surviving in the PL. Basically there have emerged right throughout our club, from board right down to fans, a seam of easily satisfied, second best will do people. The usual suspects on here voice their negative "I don''t expect or demand anything from NCFC" mantra . They are only a minority, but if their voice is heard often enough, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I feel exactly the same as when I heard Adams was appointed; disappointed and angry with the club, the difference now is that I realise some people are fine/happy about it (which is not a dig at them, its not like I know that Adams will do well or not, it may turn out to be a masterstroke).

It''s a Championship appointment which seems aligned with the apparent ambitions of the board. I feel a sense of disappointment, first, over the board''s failure to act last season and, second, by the fact that the talent at the club will now drain away over the next two years.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="splutcho"]"The diving foreigners"

Little Norfolk.[/quote]Basically there have emerged right throughout our club, from board right down to fans, a seam of easily satisfied, second best will do people. The usual suspects on here voice their negative "I don''t expect or demand anything from NCFC" mantra . They are only a minority, but if their voice is heard often enough, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.[/quote]

You do ask for it Reg....... 

You either don''t understand  or are on a mission to become one of the biggest wind up merchants on here.  Your reference to people as being "easily satisfied" is just so wide of

the mark - yet you persist in doing it, I can only assume to try and

gain kudos or get some kicks out of it.

There are some fans who trust the board to get on with their job and try to understand what they are trying to do, the difficulty of what they are trying to do, in a very difficult and competitive world - and on limited finances - also trying over a period of time to build the club in stature, finances and on the field.    That can - and will - take time.    Understanding that is not being easily satisfied - and supporting the club because they keep a manager is not being easily satisfied if you appreciate that wider picture.   There are others who arrogantly think they have some kind of say or power in what happens to the football club.  Now we can all have opinions and that is right and proper - but to listen to some people -  it is like they are some kind of puffed up parish councillor who wants to have his say and feel important (apologies to parish councillors, you''re not all like that....).      You can be disappointed, you can be angry, you can be upset - as can we all - but you are not in a position to demand anything.  

The only power you or any of us has is in the way we support at matches.   We can sing for the whole match and create such a vibrant attitude that the positivity would spill on to the pitch.We can be nervous and worried for the team and that negativity can spill on to the pitch.We can be apathetic and that lack of interest can spill on to the pitch.And we can be all three in the same match - but we have no power other than that. You might like to think you have power but you really don''t.  A clapper thrown at a manager or a season ticket torn up in front of a manager is symbolic of the feelings of fans, but it is not power.  Demanding things may be your way of getting things done in real life, but a football supporter the only thing you can demand is that the club try their hardest to succeed. How they do it is largely out of your hands and recognising that is not being "easily satisfied".

Livid

The writing was on the wall early missing transfer targets and then poor form, a board who decided not to make the change until way too late has me worried for the next awkward decision they have to make.

Yes I expected us to battle for 17th, to be honest I don''t think we battled, do I look forward to championship? Simply no. I want us to have the prem money and build so we can become more successful and slowly develop... We have taken a step back in to a tough division and to get out of it is much harder than staying in the premiership. I am not keen on the new management structure with too many chiefs meaning if Adams has to go before Xmas then what do we do with this structure?

I am not happy at all at the way we accepted relegation... New season starts and now we have the challenges of this off season of bringing in some real quality and lift to the camp that was so poor last season.

Yes I know the level that our club is and I hoped we could have seen the writing on the wall unfortunately we didn''t and we were let down by players, managers and also the board.

This transfer window is critical and so is the January transfer window. If we had stayed up some teams would come up with the ability to spend big qpr, Leicester and certainly with our expenditure we would have been near the bottom but we would be able to attract a couple of quality additions but with the terrible whimper we showed last season there would be no guarantee that we wouldn''t see it all again. So we need key signings now who want the challenge of taking us back through the automatic promotion positions at the end of the seasons again cup means nothing, league form is everything and I am certainly not distracted by the World Cup. I am club before country and will enjoy the games, but not care one bit; it is Ncfc that I care solely about

Sh1t happens. Once the World Corrupt is over the focus will be on preparation for the new season and competitive Championship football. great!

I have certainly got over it, as I fully understand the place where our club is right now in its evolvement. However, I still remain hacked off as I will personally really miss seeing the yellow and green trotting out in the EPL, one of the greatest leagues in the World, at Highbury, Old Trafford etc so as a result I am nowhere near as excited for the new season, but still looking forward to seeing a couple of games at Carrow Road when I come over to the UK in August/September.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]You do ask for it Reg....... 

You either don''t understand  or are on a mission to become one of the biggest wind up merchants on here.  Your reference to people as being "easily satisfied" is just so wide of

the mark - yet you persist in doing it, I can only assume to try and

gain kudos or get some kicks out of it.

[/quote]Oh the irony..........Beggars belief really.As for the rest of your lecture. Well the fact that no-one (well apart from Lapps'' pussy-cat) has even bothered to respond to it speaks volumes.Lake. When will you get it into your head  ?  Nobody is interested in your hectoring .

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I feel exactly the same as when I heard Adams was appointed; disappointed and angry with the club, the difference now is that I realise some people are fine/happy about it (which is not a dig at them, its not like I know that Adams will do well or not, it may turn out to be a masterstroke).[/quote]

Pretty much this .....I don''t really understand a fan who says " I am over it now "

Show me a good loser ....and I will show you a loser ............as the saying goes .

"Oh the irony.........Beggars belief really.As for the rest of your lecture. Well the fact that no-one (well apart from Lapps'' pussy-cat) has even bothered to respond to it speaks volumes. Lake. When will you get it into your head  ?  Nobody is interested in your hectoring.

My comment was directed to you. Maybe that is why no-one else answered. I don''t mind if no-one replies to my posts, but if they do and they need a reply back I will do it. Its not hard to understand, is it?

As for you, you are getting that you never address the salient points of what people say to you, but instead try and point score. Its up to you I guess.........

1 positive is i can enjoy MOTD again, hardly watched it last 2 years.

Plus can enjoy teams like Burnley, Leicester etc causing upsets without worrying it could effect us somehow. Last few years wanting teams like United (I hate united sooooooooo much) to smash teams like Sunderland, Palace, Stoke are now over.

Gutted we aint gonna be there tho. No disrespect but signings of people like Lewis Grabban wouldnt be happening in the EPL, not that some of our prem signings have set the world alight.

We are where we are so im hoping to be enjoying bettet footvall, more wins and more excitement

I tend not to worry about things I have no control over.It happened, we move on.But I am looking forward to the coming season and hopefully seeing a few more wins.

[quote user="morty"]I tend not to worry about things I have no control over.It happened, we move on.But I am looking forward to the coming season and hopefully seeing a few more wins.[/quote]

I never, ever move on and am still unhappy about Tom Parker letting Bobby Brennan go to Yarmouth Town FC in 1957.

[:(][;)][:D][Y]

I was extremely pi55ed off at the time because it was so easily avoidable.

The board became arrogant and complacent and our manager was sending us down the pan because he was more interested in proving his ultra cautious ''less attack, more success'' methodology was the correct tactic for staying in the league than installing a new, desperately needed way of playing.

Hull or Man City, we play the same way, sod if it gets us relegated, I still get my pay off, this is my approach and I will arrogantly stick to it.

Either that or he was genuinely incredibly stupid and actually thought his tactics were working...which I find hard to believe.

The loss to Fulham at home in December, every single other club in the league would have got rid of Hughton after that game and rightly so, if Adams is good enough to take over the team now he was good enough then.

Anyway, after the fixtures came out I''ve started to get really excited, there''s some mouth watering fixtures in this league and with every game except Fulham away we stand a pretty good chance of winning.

I''d much rather see a thrilling, relatively even sided blood and thunder clash against the likes of Ipswich, Leeds, Wolves, Derby or Forest than watching a backs to the wall borefest against Chelsea or Arsenal, I pay to see us play, I couldn''t care less about how famous the opposition are!

We have on paper anyway, currently the best team in the league. An International quality goal keeper, 3 proven 20+ goal a year strikers and some real quality like Redmond, Snodgrass, Fer and Ollson etc. Barring a disastrous summer or our management team proving themselves inadequate we should be in for a fun season!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I tend not to worry about things I have no control over.It happened, we move on.But I am looking forward to the coming season and hopefully seeing a few more wins.[/quote]

I never, ever move on and am still unhappy about Tom Parker letting Bobby Brennan go to Yarmouth Town FC in 1957.

[:(][;)][:D][Y][/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I tend not to worry about things I have no control over.It happened, we move on.But I am looking forward to the coming season and hopefully seeing a few more wins.[/quote]

[:(][;)][:D][Y][/quote][:D][/quote]And don''t get me started on letting Ron Davies go on the cheap.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I tend not to worry about things I have no control over.It happened, we move on.But I am looking forward to the coming season and hopefully seeing a few more wins.[/quote]

[:(][;)][:D][Y][/quote]I''d only just got over losing Maurice Norman to Spurs Ricky. [8o|] [8o|] [8o|]Although we did get Johnny Gavin back.....and some money. [:D] [<:o)]