Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

what now?

NW obviously wants a striker and he''s got the money to get one! will he hold back untill january?

this is what i think-

spend £1mill (arsenals asking price)now on david bentley, and have £1mill or more to spend in January!

he needs someone to brighten the place up!! the reports from mk were shocking!!

I do like the idea of Bentley moving back, but he doesn''t have three lungs and can pass the ball. Sadly that doesn''t stand well for a midfield transfer.

With present injuries, the only strikers we have definitely available for Saturday are McK, Thorne and Hendo - we need more cover.

The other injuries, including Drury and L-J, mean that we have little cover in other positions. Another injury or two and we will have yet another makesgift team.

Buy a striker, - Eastwood? But also get a central midfielder, where we are very short in quality and number.

January may be too late! Enlarge our pathetically small squad. Last night we had a reserve team composed entirely of Academy scholars, and Rossi was on the bench at M-K Dons! Last year''s squad was too small, and this year''s is even smaller.

Fozzie, when you say "CAN pass the ball" I assume you mean to the opposition?

He had one good game (was it Bolton at home) and other than that did less than nothing. He looks like he can play, great technique, looks the business with his boots and showpony hair, but what did he ACTUALLY do?

Safri and Shackell coming into the team co-incided with our run of good form, not Bentley being there. He ran Francis a close second for worst player of the Fulham match, and I certainly wouldn''t want him back here for anything over 250,000 because that''s what I think an unproven reserve player is worth.

[quote]1 mil is a lot. We could get commons for that price and he would be a lot better.[/quote]

How can you categorically say Commons is better than Bentley?  Bentley has only ever played in the Premier League.  Commons has never got near it, so it''s impossible to compare let alone judge.