Sign in to follow this  
morty

Leroy Fer

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."][quote user="morty"]Well done for managing to draw negatives out of this folks[Y][/quote]A soon to be ex Norwich player who strolled around like he couldn''t give

a f**k last season as his team were relegated scores for his country.

Not seeing where the positives are for any Norwich fan are in this to be

honest. Come on now Morty, you had your head in the sand (when it

wasn''t up your a**e ) all last season, but it finished 2 months ago, surely it''s time for you to stand up, open your eyes, and brave reality. It''s not always pretty but i reckon you can manage it.[/quote]Are you a c0ck every day, or do you take days off?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I was just being realistic Morty.

The world cup must be the most scouted competition in the sport, Holland look like they will go far, and Fer just scored one of their goals.

He will have suitors and will probably see this as the right time to take his opportunities.

It may well be in the interests of the club, he suffers from niggling injuries and the Championship is a long hard season, his wages are probably very high.

Cashing in and getting a good price could well be a positive, especially if deep down he isn''t up for it.[/quote]Everyone is well aware of the realities.But if you can''t just enjoy the fact that a Norwich City player has scored a goal in the World cup then you truly are a miserable individual.

As usual, Morty/TC completely misses the point, and is hopelessly inconsistent.He spent all of last season telling us all that ''its a marathon, not a sprint'', ''you should look at things over the whole season:not just one game''.Now, when it suits his purpose, and Leroy comes on for an admittedly successful cameo 15 mins for Holland (well done on the goal btw...cracking header), he castigates a few people who, quite rightly, urge a note of caution, for ''being negative''.And he wonders why fewer and fewer people on this board take him seriously these days.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]As usual, Morty/TC completely misses the point, and is hopelessly inconsistent.He spent all of last season telling us all that ''its a marathon, not a sprint'', ''you should look at things over the whole season:not just one game''.Now, when it suits his purpose, and Leroy comes on for an admittedly successful cameo 15 mins for Holland (well done on the goal btw...cracking header), he castigates a few people who, quite rightly, urge a note of caution, for ''being negative''.And he wonders why fewer and fewer people on this board take him seriously these days.[/quote]   

Reggie.  Are you related to Yankee Canary?  

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]As usual, Morty/TC completely misses the point, and is hopelessly inconsistent.

He spent all of last season telling us all that ''its a marathon, not a sprint'', ''you should look at things over the whole season:not just one game''.

Now, when it suits his purpose, and Leroy comes on for an admittedly successful cameo 15 mins for Holland (well done on the goal btw...cracking header), he castigates a few people who, quite rightly, urge a note of caution, for ''being negative''.

And he wonders why fewer and fewer people on this board take him seriously these days.
[/quote]

I think you''ve finally lost it, referring to two people as a single entity.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]As usual, Morty/TC completely misses the point, and is hopelessly inconsistent.He spent all of last season telling us all that ''its a marathon, not a sprint'', ''you should look at things over the whole season:not just one game''.Now, when it suits his purpose, and Leroy comes on for an admittedly successful cameo 15 mins for Holland (well done on the goal btw...cracking header), he castigates a few people who, quite rightly, urge a note of caution, for ''being negative''.And he wonders why fewer and fewer people on this board take him seriously these days.[/quote]

I think you''ve finally lost it, referring to two people as a single entity.

[/quote]Is that what this morty/TC thing is about? Implying we are the same person?

I just took Leroy''s goal for what it was - a great header at a World Cup by a current member of our squad, what''s not to like?!

As I said on the pre WC predictions thread, I expect the Dutch to go far. They get stronger as games go on, and show no signs of fatigue in the heat, are organised well, and with the front players in such devastating form, and with the arrival of emerging Dutch talent such as Memphis - yeah, I think this is going to be Holland''s year. On a NCFC related note, I wonder if Leroy will keep his place for the next game? Sneijder''s playing fine, but isn''t hitting the goals yet - Leroy''s definitely given Van Gaal something to think about there, he will surely come on as a substitute in the next game at least.

I agree they look useful but I think they will come unstuck when their defence is finally properly tested. Maybe quarter finals versus Brazil (is that possible?)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I agree they look useful but I think they will come unstuck when their defence is finally properly tested. Maybe quarter finals versus Brazil (is that possible?)[/quote]

No, the Dutch will face the winner out of Costa Rica v Ivory Coast (assuming they both qualify in their current positions) in the Quarter if they get past Mexico - which won''t be easy at all. Holland tend to start tournaments with a bang and then fall away in the group stages.

[quote user="morty"]Oh dear Reggie, you really all kinds of special, aren''t you?[:)][/quote]Well, Morty/TC (using both names in the one thread...that''s new!) , you really are a sad little man, aren''t you ? Reminicent of those insignificant bullies you used to come across at school. Nothing cohesive to say (see above...what does it mean FFS?), and just toes whatever party line is fashionable at the time.Onto more important issues. For me, Holland seem to have just got that good tournament knack of picking up goals/results without playing all that well.(2nd half v Spain excepted !) You suspect that Mexico might give them more of a run for their money than they''ve experienced so far. I don''t suppose Leroy will start, but he may again come on a sub.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear Reggie, you really all kinds of special, aren''t you?[:)][/quote]Well, Morty/TC (using both names in the one thread...that''s new!) , you really are a sad little man, aren''t you ? Reminicent of those insignificant bullies you used to come across at school. Nothing cohesive to say (see above...what does it mean FFS?), and just toes whatever party line is fashionable at the time.Onto more important issues. For me, Holland seem to have just got that good tournament knack of picking up goals/results without playing all that well.(2nd half v Spain excepted !) You suspect that Mexico might give them more of a run for their money than they''ve experienced so far. I don''t suppose Leroy will start, but he may again come on a sub.[/quote]I''m sad?I''m not the one making up conspiracy theories about multiple accounts lol.You''re an odd one Reggie.

Both the Dutch and the Mexicans must be thinking a semi final place is on with that route - both look stronger (at the mo) than either Costa Rica or Ivory coast.

With the mexicans always struggling to get to the QF - they talk about the mythical 5th game - its looking good for the dutch.  I do fancy Mexico at the weekend,  their deep 3/5 man defence should restrict space for robben & RvP and have the ability to hit The Netherlands on the break.  Will be happy to see either side progress though.  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear Reggie, you really all kinds of special, aren''t you?

[:)]
[/quote]

Well, Morty/TC (using both names in the one thread...that''s new!) , you really are a sad little man, aren''t you ? Reminicent of those insignificant bullies you used to come across at school. Nothing cohesive to say (see above...what does it mean FFS?), and just toes whatever party line is fashionable at the time.

Onto more important issues. For me, Holland seem to have just got that good tournament knack of picking up goals/results without playing all that well.(2nd half v Spain excepted !) You suspect that Mexico might give them more of a run for their money than they''ve experienced so far. I don''t suppose Leroy will start, but he may again come on a sub.
[/quote]

I''m sad?

I''m not the one making up conspiracy theories about multiple accounts lol.

You''re an odd one Reggie.
[/quote]

I''m also not sad, I''m also not Morty, nor is my wife.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

I''m also not sad, I''m also not Morty,

[/quote]

No.   Right.  ''Course you''re not .
[/quote]

This a par for the course, along with my season ticket will go up because the England team took 70 people to Rio and season ticket holders have the right to make demands from the club but other supporters don''t, its just another thing you''ve posted that you cannot prove, your beginning to get a reputation and it''s not a good one.

I''m hearing what you''re saying Bethnal about the Dutch in group stages, but I fancy that in this tounament they''ve started with a bigger bang than usual. 3 wins, 10 goals scored, 3 against with 2 of those being penalties and only 1 from open play. I honestly think with RvP back they will have too much in the tank for Mexico when it comes down to the crunch, Robben especially looks deadly as soon as that ball is played down the middle or out on either flank, and De Jong doesn''t look like anyone will outmuscle him. I think they have a really good blend of players in their squad. Ominously, I don''t think they''ve hit top gear yet, but then I also feel the same about Argentina (who in my opinion were very lucky to beat Iran). Still think it''s Hollands year though.

I can''t look further than Brazil to be honest. I think they are just hotting up at the right time. They have a reasonably safe passage to the semis by the looks of things with Chile next (tough but could be worse, basically a slightly weaker Brazil) and then if we win tonight, they''d have either Costa Rica potentially or Ivory Coast or Greece. I hope Chile win as they are my team and if they beat Brazil, they have a massive chance of a semi final place. The dutch will get to the semi finals I think and get knocked out by Argentina.

Unusually for one of these debates (and other similar ones) Germany have not been mentioned. I know they struggled a bit v Ghana,but I''ve a feeling they may give USA a bit of a lesson, and then it''s Belgium in the last 16. They have a nice mixture of top rated experienced operators and some great youngsters. Think they could go all the way.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Unusually for one of these debates (and other similar ones) Germany have not been mentioned. I know they struggled a bit v Ghana,but I''ve a feeling they may give USA a bit of a lesson, and then it''s Belgium in the last 16. They have a nice mixture of top rated experienced operators and some great youngsters. Think they could go all the way.
[/quote]

Germany will face either Algeria or Russia in the 2nd round (as long as they get a result against the USA), the Quarters would most likely be France - which could be an excellent game.

Germany are massively weak down their wings though, and if Muller isn''t firing goals are an issue for them. The loss of Reus was massive for them, as was Gundogan, Lars and Sven Bender as it would allow Lahm to move to left back instead of being needed in midfield. A slightly more clinical Ghana would have taken Germany to the cleaners and France will certainly fancy their chances if they keep playing well.

Germany and Belgium both will win their groups and therefore avoid each other in the last 16. I agree with you that they will go far though. I think Semi finals before losing to Brazil, they will then beat Netherlands in the 3rd place playoff with Brazil beating Argentina

Leroy has said he is commited, lets hope that''s the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2667090/Norwich-City-lay-claim-World-Cup-goal-Leory-Fer-strike-good-news-Canaries-fans-says-staying-too.html

[quote user="shabbaranks21"]Leroy has said he is commited, lets hope that''s the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2667090/Norwich-City-lay-claim-World-Cup-goal-Leory-Fer-strike-good-news-Canaries-fans-says-staying-too.html[/quote]Good news[:)]

" I am a Norwich player I am contracted to them for the next three years so my commitment is to them. I am not thinking about anything else at the moment other than going back to Norwich."

A standard answer maybe, but he''s right that he''s on a long term contract, so we should be able to get a big fee for him if one the big clubs - like Man Utd - comes sniffing. IMO he''ll stay with us though unless he has more breakthrough moments in this World Cup.