Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Expectations

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Jesus Christ.[/quote]You may be a lot of things, but JC is not one of them. [/quote]You''re even Olympic grade boring when you''re attempting humour.But please do us all a favour, and meet up with Reggie, and just get it on.[/quote]Sorry if you''ve been feeling left out, morty........say something interesting then we can all talk to you.[/quote]Trust me, not in the slightest.But it might please you that in yours and Reggies "Who is less of a bell-end" competition, he is winning at the moment[Y][/quote]You might need to widen your vocabulary a bit morty, your "bell-end" and "d(ck" comments are so overused they are becoming meaningless...a bit like the majority of your posts.....[Y]  [:P][/quote]Au contraire, they continue to describe you, and your little chum, perfectly.[/quote]I get it....this is where we keep going all day because you can never let anyone else have the last word......and that is not an expectation (to get back on topic, if that''s possible) - it is a certainty.[/quote]Yes, please get back to your lovers tiff with Reggie, we are all enthralled.[/quote]I''ve got all day today, morty, anything else you''d like to say?  We''re all still riveted to your input so far..... [/quote]I have made my point, you two carry on.[:)]

Oh, have I made you both self conscious, and possibly slightly self aware, at how skull crushingly tedious your little penis sword fights have become?[:(]

[quote user="morty"]Oh, have I made you both self conscious, and possibly slightly self aware, at how skull crushingly tedious your little penis sword fights have become?[:(][/quote]I see a pattern emerging here. Notable that all Morty''s pathetic attempts at insults are something to go with human sexual bodily appendages.I''m sure a behavioural psychologist would have a field day.On second thoughts...no . I''m mistaking this shrink for someone who could really give a flying f uck about someone as wholly insignificant and tedious as old Morts.

[quote user="Wizard of Waveney "]We should have a sweep stale to see who we think will have the last word. Mine is on LDC[/quote]I''ll have some of that action[Y]

Back to the subject..."expectations".....been thinking about it a little more and the more I do think about it the more I believe having high expectations is crucial for any team to perform to their maximum. Why? I think the England teams performance is a great example of not having appropriate expectations. For the first time I can remember an England team set off for a major tournament finals with lees hype and less expectation from the media and public than the usually, shall we say "over hyped" expectations. What happens, they delivered in line with expectations.....no huge pressure to deliver and they didnt. At least when they go with all of the hype they end up at least going for it and getting out of the group, almost "over performing"...so, for me, lets pile on the high expectations on our team this year and expect and accept NOTHING LESS THAN PROMOTION.

oh. and please stop the bickering.........ruins what could be a good thread....again !  

[quote user="morty"]Oh, have I made you both self conscious, and possibly slightly self aware, at how skull crushingly tedious your little penis sword fights have become?[:(][/quote]

Disagreeing, discussing, arguing, arriving at a consensus or agreeing to disagree are all good things to have on a discussion board.  Throwing out the odd insult without anything else to say is just like farting in a crowded room and then thinking it is clever.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

oh. and please stop the bickering.........ruins what could be a good thread....again !  

[/quote]Have some sympathy with that , Mark, though I''ll readily concede I''ve done my share !Like you I inwardly groaned when I heard all this ''going with no expectations'' stuff prior to England''s WC campaign. It all rather smelt of ''easily satisfied'', and getting their excuses in good and early. I never expected England to win the bl**dy thing, but I was rather hoping to get out of the qualifying group.....I''m afraid I really cannot see how anyone who calls themselves a NCFC fan, given that we have a strong squad and bank balance, a supposedly thrusting young manager, full stadium, and superb infrastructure, cannot feel justified in expecting (nay.....demanding !) that we really go all out for automatic promotion from Aug onwards.

I expect us to be promoted. Losing in the play offs would just about be an alright season. 7th or lower is unacceptable and there should be consequences.

[quote user="splutcho"]I expect us to be promoted. Losing in the play offs would just about be an alright season. 7th or lower is unacceptable and there should be consequences.[/quote]Would these "consequences" in any way involve that fearsome weapon in the hand of your avatar, Splutch ?