Sign in to follow this  
Budncfc

New home kit

If like me, you hated the kit at first but are now starting to slightly warm to the design. Like all modern Norwich shirts there''s aspects to the kit I like and some I don''t. And also the started they tried and did it badly.

Firstly I the green panel is the main talking point on everyone''s lips but will save that to last.

Starting things of with the badge. Yes the badge! Things is because I think it''s the worst thing on the whole shirt. It doesn''t take a rocket scientist to know that sticking a green badge on a green panel is A) pointless B) looks stupid, as it''s lyes on the join of the green- yellow C) bad designing for a sports manufacture.

My solution to this would have simply have been to do what the Dutch have done. You''ve already got the green panel there for you back ground, why not just embroidered the canary and castle into the fabric and have a mini list style. Why does it need to be in crest? This would have also resolved my biggest hate point C.

Second, I feel the Aviva logo looks too high and close to the point on the green panel.

Third remove the collar. Personally I feel it would look better without it. The yellow band would finish it off perfectly. But like ncfc they try to tick too many boxes. Next year, it may even have a chest pocket to tick another box.

I''m from a design background and feel less is more. Keep it simple.

Back to the green panel though, the more I look at it and thinking, the more I keep seeing the batman symbol. If you keep looking I think you''ll see it too. Especially when you see some of the graphic illustrations floating about.

All in all, I think it''s marmite at first. You think you hate it until you actually try it and taste it for your self.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Are you new to the forum as well til?[/quote]

One user name, one account unlike some I could name hey mrs miggins ?

Yes it does surprise me about the amount of people who have ''alter ego''s'' and other numerous accounts, i really don''t get it, obviously i don''t include the OP on this because he couldn''t log in, but I find it very peculiar the whole idea of creating characters to people who really at the end of the day, don''t give a sh it.

[quote user="im spartacus"]ha ha that''ll teach you til [:D]
[/quote]

There seems to be a lot of this multiple account and username nonsense in your neck of the woods Spartacus. [:P]

[quote user="Budncfc"]

My solution to this would have simply have been to do what the Dutch have done. You''ve already got the green panel there for you back ground, why not just embroidered the canary and castle into the fabric and have a mini list style. Why does it need to be in crest?[/quote]Agree - said the same yesterday.  I did notice however that the Dutch badge is actually on a patch like the City shirt.  http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Holland-Home-Shirt-World-Cup-2014.jpg

This is a guess, but I suspect that it may be related to trade mark protection. If the overall design of the badge is a registered mark, and not the relative position and size of the castle and canary, you can''t just drop the shield shape and use the other elements, without risking the loss of the use of the trademark.....

Wikipedia can be unreliable at times but this is the logo they have for Norwich. It''s outlined in black, and that''s the way it is on the new shirt too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Norwich_City.svg

0.53 on this video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3fU7Qr2k8&list=UUzdkZv6--BWsUQ9rKUtQ1TQhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Norwich_City.svg

If there was no black outline on the badge, then it may look more like that Dutch example...