Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

'Fer expresses commitment to City'

Just our luck, now he''s injured, City staff will have some work to do to get him ready for the new season....

Could be a blessing in disguise, few teams will want to sign a player with a bad hammy, he can rest up, get fit slowly and rejoin our championship winning team when he''s ready.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lappinitup"]But why aren''t you ''demanding'' they stay Reggie? Accepting it without a whimper puts you in with those ''lily-livered types'' you were telling us about yesterday. [^o)][/quote]If you had, you''d have noticed in another thread that I have indeed called upon Leroy to get fit after this hamstring injury,and  return to Colney, as I believe he could do a job for us. "Awesome" was the word I used, if my memory serves me.But then again, you never let the facts get in the way of a good old insulting rant, do you, mate ?[/quote]The words I used were yours from yesterday Reggie and now you find them insulting. [:D][<:o)][/quote]It was more the fact that you''d piled in to have a go without reading the threads fully that I found insulting Lapps, as opposed to the recycled words you used.But well done for sidestepping the point anyway.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

One thing that may come into the equation with Fer is that he spoke at one point last season of having found the move to England tough and how he had been helped through it at times by people so maybe, just maybe, he does not fancy moving clubs again quite so soon. We forget he is only a young man and has time on his side. If he''s been well looked after at Norwich, then he may feel some genuine desire to stick around and help us get back up. I appreciate its a bit of a straw i''m clutching at here but you never know![/quote]

People and City 1st sometimes seem to forget that footballers are human beings with the same frailties as the rest of us.   We don''t have to sell and if Fer genuinely feels he is better at CR from a personal point of view, than seeking fame and fortune elsewhere, we may keep him.  Another factor is his knee and the Everton deal falling through.   The fact that we showed faith in him on that  may be another factor that may tempt him to stay.  I really hope he does, because there seems a nucleus of really  good characters at the club, himself, E. Bennett, Tettey, to mention three. 

I also don''t hold with the argument that money always talks - because it doesn''t have to.  If it did always, we would never have had the joy of  Huckerby at Norwich.  Some things are still more important in life than money.  Hopefully there are enough players we have at the moment who recognise that.

"People and City 1st sometimes seem to forget that footballers are human

beings with the same frailties as the rest of us.   We don''t have to

sell and if Fer genuinely feels he is better at CR from a personal point

of view, than seeking fame and fortune elsewhere, we may keep him."

err, that is what I said

ps you really must stop making up stuff or folk may begin to wonder if you are not wiz

[quote user="City1st"]LDC wrote - "People and City 1st sometimes seem to forget that footballers are human

beings with the same frailties as the rest of us.   We don''t have to

sell and if Fer genuinely feels he is better at CR from a personal point

of view, than seeking fame and fortune elsewhere, we may keep him."

err, that is what I saidps you really must stop making up stuff or folk may begin to wonder if you are not wiz[/quote]

No. This is what you said on your only contribution to this thread -[quote user="City1st"]dearie mewhat a load of old toshany player can be sold "at the right price"Fer

does not need to send out coded mesages, his agent will contacting

other clubs and will be recieving enquiries from other agents pretty

much all the time - that''s what they do.  I would be surprised if

he is still here come Sept 1st, as with a number of other players - but

that is the nature of the game ... some will feel their career is best

suited elsewhere, as will the club feel about some players still hereOver analysing every ruddy word suggests a rather sad existence[/quote]

Nothing about frailties, personal situations, nothing about  resisting fame and fortune because they appreciate being here....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="splutcho"]Actually if recent reports are to be believed, the birthday cake was an excuse to cover up the real reason that they denied him time off to be with his dying brother.[/quote]Ooft[:(][/quote]didn''t he have another brother who played for west brom in the early 2000s ?  Yoyo tou''re [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I also don''t hold with the argument that money always talks - because it doesn''t have to.  If it did always, we would never have had the joy of  Huckerby at Norwich.  Some things are still more important in life than money.  Hopefully there are enough players we have at the moment who recognise that.

[/quote]That may be true in a small number of cases, but I think the scenario you paint is becoming rarer and rarer, Lake. I''m not saying it''s a good thing, but it''s a fact nonetheless.I''m also not sure whether Huckerby is the best argument to use from your point of view. He was approaching the final furlong in his career, and wanted 1st team football and all the bonuses that came with it rather than languishing in Man Citeh reserves. He does, however prove my point, ie all 3 of ; the player wanting to move, Norwich having the cash, and Man Citeh accepting it. qed. The deal was done quickly.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I also don''t hold with the argument that money always talks - because it doesn''t have to.  If it did always, we would never have had the joy of  Huckerby at Norwich.  Some things are still more important in life than money.  Hopefully there are enough players we have at the moment who recognise that.[/quote]That may be true in a small number of cases, but I think the scenario you paint is becoming rarer and rarer, Lake. I''m not saying it''s a good thing, but it''s a fact nonetheless.I''m also not sure whether Huckerby is the best argument to use from your point of view. He was approaching the final furlong in his career, and wanted 1st team football and all the bonuses that came with it rather than languishing in Man Citeh reserves. He does, however prove my point, ie all 3 of ; the player wanting to move, Norwich having the cash, and Man Citeh accepting it. qed. The deal was done quickly.[/quote]

His agent was pushing for a more lucrative deal with a bigger club, so Hucks would have earned more money had he gone elsewhere.   So I see nothing wrong with my argument because what you say backs my argument up - he wanted first team football - and liked Norwich - and that was more important to him than the money. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I also don''t hold with the argument that money always talks - because it doesn''t have to.  If it did always, we would never have had the joy of  Huckerby at Norwich.  Some things are still more important in life than money.  Hopefully there are enough players we have at the moment who recognise that.[/quote]That may be true in a small number of cases, but I think the scenario you paint is becoming rarer and rarer, Lake. I''m not saying it''s a good thing, but it''s a fact nonetheless.I''m also not sure whether Huckerby is the best argument to use from your point of view. He was approaching the final furlong in his career, and wanted 1st team football and all the bonuses that came with it rather than languishing in Man Citeh reserves. He does, however prove my point, ie all 3 of ; the player wanting to move, Norwich having the cash, and Man Citeh accepting it. qed. The deal was done quickly.[/quote]

His agent was pushing for a more lucrative deal with a bigger club, so Hucks would have earned more money had he gone elsewhere.   So I see nothing wrong with my argument because what you say backs my argument up - he wanted first team football - and liked Norwich - and that was more important to him than the money. 

[/quote]What you said is partially true, Lake, but from what I remember , whilst his agent was ,as you say, pushing, for a big money move, none came forward, even though they''d had plenty of opportunity during his loan spell with Crouch here. I''m sure if a big club had been prepared to stump up, he''d have gone there. But they weren''t. Which is sort of the point I am making.As you also say, he liked Norwich, but I don''t suppose he was badly paid here ?!

it may be my memory playing tricks on me but I thought there were strong rumours that hux was approached by a couple of clubs (liverpool,  maybe celtic) upon our relegation and he chose to stay at that stage? 

It was fairly common knowledge at the time that Portsmouth were showing a keen interest in Hucks and were offering a substantially higher wage, as was their policy back then!