Sign in to follow this  
Dex

Bakary Sako

Not a player who we''ve been reported as being linked with, but with the seemingly imminent departure of Snoddy we''ll doubtless soon be in the market for a replacement winger.

He topped the assist tables last season in League 1 for Wolves with 14 and in his previous season with Wolves in the Championship he still managed 11!

He''s 26 with around 1 year left on his contract and is a player who Wolves fans seem to be in disbelief they''ve managed to hold on to for this long... He''s got a good bit of pace about him and is a natural left footer - a pretty big selling point imo because were Snoddy to leave, Murphy would be our only remaining left footed winger.

Just thought I''d gauge the response of you guys. If my glance at his apparent market value is anything to go by he should be available for between £3.5-4m and if the £8m fee for Snoddy materialises I think we could do a hell of a lot worse.

[quote user="Dex"]Not a player who we''ve been reported as being linked with, but with the seemingly imminent departure of Snoddy we''ll doubtless soon be in the market for a replacement winger.

He topped the assist tables last season in League 1 for Wolves with 14 and in his previous season with Wolves in the Championship he still managed 11!

He''s 26 with around 1 year left on his contract and is a player who Wolves fans seem to be in disbelief they''ve managed to hold on to for this long... He''s got a good bit of pace about him and is a natural left footer - a pretty big selling point imo because were Snoddy to leave, Murphy would be our only remaining left footed winger.

Just thought I''d gauge the response of you guys. If my glance at his apparent market value is anything to go by he should be available for between £3.5-4m and if the £8m fee for Snoddy materialises I think we could do a hell of a lot worse.[/quote]

Unfortunately we are no longer a more attractive option than wolves.

[quote user="splutcho"]No we''re not. Or at least not enough to sway their star player.[/quote]

Aren''t we financially more attractive than them?

I don''t think we need him. With Redmond, Pilks, Benno, Murphy''s and Surman among our ranks, we''re plenty stocked in the winger department unless anyone else departs.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wolves would only take stupid money for him, he''ll stay there or get a prem move.[/quote]

We''re apparently getting stupid money for Snodgrass so you never know..............

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 26/06/2014 11:07 PM:

"Wolves would only take stupid money for him, he''ll stay there or get a prem move."

He''s 26 and only worth £3-4m, I would suggest a PL team would be aiming a bit higher.

Cat Farm, that''s a very arrogant attitude about Sako. Trust me, if we managed to get him, he''d be a massive coup for the club.

I remember we were linked to him at some point over the last few years, possibly when Wolves first went down and he was touted as Prem-capable.

Think he would be a great asset but the money Wolves would want would probably outstrip his actual usefulness to us given that we currently have Redmond, Pilkington, Bennett, Grabban and Murphy available on the wings.

I''ve gotta say, I''m very surprised how many people are suggesting we''re no more attractive of a club than Wolves to him... What could they possibly offer to him (even in terms of minutes) that we couldn''t match or better? All that''s in addition to the fact that we''ll be vying for promotion this season - something Wolves realistically wont.

I just don''t see us being that much of a step up for him. Why won''t Wolves challenge for promotion too? Look at us 4 years ago!

I don''t think he''ll bother go unless the prem comes calling. I could see him at Stoke

"Why won''t Wolves challenge for promotion too? Look at us 4 years ago !"

^ Fair point but it seems unlikely, or at least less likely than for us to be challenging.

Again, I''m just throwing the name out there but he seems to tick pretty much every box for Snoddy''s replacement imho. I''d be giving him serious consideration if he was under £5m...

Also, Wolves apparently set a £4m price tag on him in June 2013 (after they''d been relegated from the Champo) so I''d argue he''s still in that ballpark money wise.

Source: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/06/11/wolves-place-4m-price-tag-on-bakary-sako/