Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Ricky Staying?

My thoughts as well when I saw this, if he is staying and Lafferty is incoming then my guess would be Hooper will be leaving.
Personally I hope he comes good, maybe he''ll do better in the Championship.

Really hope this means he stays. He is our best striker at the club and simply needs wide men to beat the full back and get the ball into the box. With the correct system in place and possibly a striker that compliments him well, he could absolutely bang them in.

I believe we should get him back assess his condition get him into pre season training and then see where we stand.

He clearly didn''t adapt to premier league football but I think the conditionin this year will be very intense indeed and I still believe there is a very good striker in there somewhere.

Why would it mean Hooper leaving?

Ricky, Hooper, Grabban and Lafferty as the main four supplemented with Loza and Morris, Becchio shipped off. In 46 games + the cups there is plenty of football there to keep them all happy. I would imagine in January we''ll know who''s really up for it as well. Hard to tell now.

Ricky obvs has the reputation and talent but not the recent record and that, on the other hand, Grabban hasn''t got the pedigree yet. 1 good season at this level doesn''t guarantee the same again. Hopefully somehow they all smash in the goals and we sail back to the premiership on 120 points. More likely is that we hedge our bets with 4 or 5 strikers that have all done well recently at a reputable level and hope that at least 1 or 2 make it.

I wouldnt expect someone who has told the club he wants to go or the club has told him needs to stay would be writing this. Surely if that was the case he would say nothing.

I know its only a random person tweeting but someone tweeted Hope hoops telling truth what he told us at Stansted airport last night He staying!! Like whats already been said Snodgrass was tweeting positive tweets

All we know RE snodgrass is that he wasn''t willing to sign a new contract. that does not specifically mean he was demanding to leave the club. he may of been okay with staying 1/2-1 season to see if we make it back right away, who knows. but for 8m we''d be absolutely foolish to turn it down.

Difference with Snods is that someone came in with silly money for him and he had a year left on his existing deal. I reckon Snoddy was genuine when he said he''d stay but I don''t begrudge him going back to the prem with european football and a pay rise to boot.

This day keeps getting better!! First off I get a buckshee day off. Then it looks like Snodgrass is taking his poor corners up to Hull for silly money. Now Ricky is making all the right noises!! Now all we need now is Fer and Olsson to stay!  OTBC!!!!!

Wow! It''s a good day that our POTS is going but great news that our failed £8.5m striker is staying! And no it;s not down to chances because he missed an absolute hatful last year. Buy yourself last seasons review & watch.

Championship is even more physical, what makes people think he''ll be any better there?

Strange....

Mike, it''s because the centre halves are neither as quick, nor as able as those in the premier league. We should find it easier to get him in behind defences and he should be able to find space easier.

That said, I''m not entirely convinced he will be a hit next season, but I feel the same about Hooper. A seasons worth of missed chances and knocked confidence can take a while to get out of one''s system.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Difference with Snods is that someone came in with silly money for him and he had a year left on his existing deal. I reckon Snoddy was genuine when he said he''d stay but I don''t begrudge him going back to the prem with european football and a pay rise to boot.[/quote]and that is the bit that everyone seems to ignorethe club have stated that the players wages would reflect the division they were in, which is basically a pay cutwhat would you do in Snograsses place, and I suspect a few others as well ?it was the reason we were able to sign him in the first place

what has also been overlooked is the effect this will have on the ever hysterical Leeds fans, with him going to a ''fellow Yorkshire'' club, one they will see as a far lesser club than themselves

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Really hope this means he stays. He is our best striker at the club and simply needs wide men to beat the full back and get the ball into the box. With the correct system in place and possibly a striker that compliments him well, he could absolutely bang them in.[/quote]

You are joking right?

[quote user="Barossa"][quote user="Michael Bates"]Really hope this means he stays. He is our best striker at the club and simply needs wide men to beat the full back and get the ball into the box. With the correct system in place and possibly a striker that compliments him well, he could absolutely bang them in.[/quote]

You are joking right?[/quote]
It''s certainly possible imo.  If Neil''s tactics plays to Ricky''s strengths rather than try to make him fit tactics the Hoots prefered.  He could start showing what he capable of.  
How do any of us know whether Neil has had a good chat with him.  Talked him into giving it another year without wanting out.  With a promise of a style of play that suits him?

Wow! It''s a good day that our POTS is going but great news that our failed £8.5m striker is staying! And no it;s not down to chances because he missed an absolute hatful last year. Buy yourself last seasons review & watch.

Championship is even more physical, what makes people think he''ll be any better there?

Strange....

After giving the DVD a look I did notice our "flop" being denied by some great goalkeeping, being isolated, greedy wingers, bad balls! Granted he still needs to improve, but alot of it is due to his confidence being shot to bits!

The DVD also shows our POTS (not voted for by me) Stealing the ball off our "flop" for a pen (that he scuffed), failing to clear the 1st man on many corners, falling over at every oppertunity and  slowing the play down by cutting back onto his left!

I am just saying we have not seen much from Ricky, and what we have seen is far from his best! So for me IF he stays its a good thing. As for Snodgrass it will not be the end of the world (far from it) if he leaves, and IF we are getting 6-8m for him, then its a shrewd bit of business

I have been told that Adams does not fancy RVW for Championship football is actively trying to move him out on loan at least.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have been told that Adams does not fancy RVW for Championship football is actively trying to move him out on loan at least.[/quote]

You''ve been giving it large with Joe Royle in Shagaluf?

A big squad is going to be one of our advantages over the other clubs in our division the season. So it makes perfect sense to carry 4 strikers.

If Snoddy is leaving, I thank him for his contribution, and look forward to seeing who we bring in to further improve the squad - a new right back, an extra center half ?

I''m shocked tbh, pleased I think but shocked.[:O]

Pre season and the first couple of games are going to be vital for Ricky. If he gets on the scoresheet early on in the season, I think he''ll destroy the league.

We might as well wait until the end of August before we decide what to do anyway and give him a chance against some on paper weaker teams.

On the day that our most effective player is being widely touted for a move comes the news that our most ineffective player might stay. This highlights why an experienced outside manager was needed, not only to help retain our best players but also to have the stature to sell or loan out our less effective players.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Pre season and the first couple of games are going to be vital for Ricky. If he gets on the scoresheet early on in the season, I think he''ll destroy the league.

We might as well wait until the end of August before we decide what to do anyway and give him a chance against some on paper weaker teams.[/quote]
Good point,  Neil might not rush him out on loan until he''s seen action on the back end of the practise games.  

Read between the lines Highland. Us who watched the games last season could see that in some part, Snodgrass was statistically our most effective player because he was greedy which had a knock on effect on the likes of RVW.

Obviously it''s not all as black and white as that but we see it as Snoddy not being as good as his stats say and RvW being better than his stats say.

If RvW can bang a hattrick past Lazio and co, what''s to say he won''t against Brentford, Ipswich and Rotherham? Football is unpredictable.

However the definition of a good manager is to maximize the performance of each asset under his control.

Just because RvW didn''t perform as well as Snodgrass last year does not mean that the former has less talent or potential than the latter. A strong manager will often make unpopular decisions to make his enterprise work at the highest efficiency...

... or put another way, it''s the team that counts,

[quote user="Highland Canary"]On the day that our most effective player is being widely touted for a move comes the news that our most ineffective player might stay. This highlights why an experienced outside manager was needed, not only to help retain our best players but also to have the stature to sell or loan out our less effective players.[/quote]You cannot seriously think that if, for example, Mackay had been appointed then Snodgrass would have decided to stay. He would be going back to the Premier League, and its wages, no matter who the manager was.As for RvW there is no "news" that he might stay. Even if there was some, there is no particular logic to your idea that a more experienced manager would kick him out. RvW will go or stay depending on what Adams thinks of him and how he might fit in with the priorities for the squad, bearing in mind what we might get back in the way of money. Finance will, as always, be the decisive factor.Myself I regard RvW as the worst NCFC strtiker I have seen since Bryan Conlon (although Dean Coney might come into the reckoning) but Adams may hold him in higher esteem.

Highland ..... I have been reading everything that you have been posting about Snodgrass.

Out of curiosity can you please explain to me what it is that you expect a winger to do, because I feel that your expectations and mine must differ so greatly.