Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Expensive day out these days?

I would imagine that the prices of food and drink at the stadiums bars will sneak up again like they do every season. Question is how long will you keep buying at the high prices?

What''s your view? It''s fine as its our club or are they ripping us off?

Being a plastic, a home game for me is like an away game for most.

its a 3hr + drive and I dont stop for food so the first opportunity I get to eat is at the ground either in/outside.

If I lived in the city I wouldnt eat at the game as its expensive and more importantly of crap quality.

It certainly is an expensive day out these days, a home game costs me around £100 if I go on my own ie dont take the missus or kids with me.  If they come its getting towards the £200 mark all in.

There will doubtless be the usual people who come on here with taunts about ''not being a true fan'' ,''support thru thick and thin '' etc, but it''s a fair question, clarkey.It will indeed be interesting if we fail to get promotion straight away , and settle for  several years anonymity (or worse) in the Champ. I guess the waiting list for season tickets would evaporate like puddles after a storm, and the days of full houses at CR would be a distant memory.I think we''ve been relatively lucky  in that the Hughton years aside, the economic downturn has coincided with a strong period for NCFC.

If you regard buying or not buying a pie as a measure of support then you have issues.

For instance, I dnt buy a pie because I see the concept of buying a pie at a football match as ridiculous. Of all the foodstuffs to include at a football match a pie is bizzare if you think about it. Like popcorn at a movie. It just doesn''t make sense logically.

Buy your own food outside the ground, it''s very simple, there''s a morrisons 2 seconds away.

Its a ten minute walk to the ground for me, and I can usually manage to go the few hours without having to eat.

As an individual it depended on the KO time and arrangements before/after as to whether I ate at the/any ground. As a family man now it''s a case of "we make our own arrangements" away from the ground. That''s based on cost/quality/convenience - you don''t get much value and it''s pure hassle.

I can take it or leave it really. Understandably, you pay over the odds for what you get but I don''t think the prices are that ridiculous if i''m that hungry/ thirsty. We have a morrisions next to the ground anyway if you''re prepared enough.

When you starts adding petrol and parking costs to the equation then its starts to get pricy, but this applies to every club, not just City.

"If you regard buying or not buying a pie as a measure of support then you have issues.

"
eh ?Big  Issues ?

[quote user="morty"]Its a ten minute walk to the ground for me, and I can usually manage to go the few hours without having to eat.[/quote]

This, I think, just about nails it.

If you dornt bleedin loike it, dornt bleedin pay it bor.

Or some such twaddle.

Personally, I''ll spend what I like, where I like. If I want an overpriced beer, by heavens I shall bloody have one!!!!!

Anywhere with a captive audience charges higher prices for food and drink. In just about every case, and certainly at Carrow Road, it is possible to eat and drink more cheaply close to the ground if you choose to do so, or bring food with you.

Personally I frequently eat or drink in the viciniy of the ground, sometimes I go somehwere nearby to get food or a drink and occasionally I think I buy in the ground. If I do the latter I know it will be more expensive but that''s my choice.

RB