Sign in to follow this  
Bill

The new Holt

well the first two suggest that there may be a ''dodgy side to himouchoopsbut feast your eyes on thisso reminiscent of the ''old days''

He looks to me like a cross between Holt and Crouch and is at a good age to come to our club with something to prove, you can see why the club has signed him, will certainly give us a very different option up front. 

I recall looking at a similar montage of RvW this time last year, before his doppelganger arrived.

Lafferty does look to have something about him, but really needs to work on his goal celebrations of which, I hope, there will be many.

He also needs to work on the ouch and the oops.

He went down like a cheap hooker.

Ok they''re his best bits, but he shows he has pace and can find the back of the net. It''s all down to whether we can get the best out of him.Could see him as an effective substitute. Bring him on the last 20 mins when legs are tired. Could be very effective in those stages. Maybe him and Hoops. Really think we need him to stay, else go out there and invest in a Rhodes who will guarantee you goals, and then let the likes of Hoops or Becchio to go!

the goals medley is nice to watch, but as others have said, it must be borne in mind that they were against often statuesque SPL defending. Against that, presumably some of the defending he''s come across in Italy has been more uncompromising.On a OT point, who is the guy with the HUGE oversized Red White and Blue flag who seems to be at the front of the Rangers section in both Ibrox and away games ? How pissed of would you be if you found yourself stood/sat behind him and found your view of the goal constantly blocked by his effing flag ?

That feigned head-butt is a bit embarrassing. So is the non shirt-pulling dive. Add to that stories of six kids with two families and regular trips to Milan to meet even more women and I think we have an unusual character on our hands. He seems to know where the corners of the net are with both feet though!

With several smaller players I felt we needed a guy with height to give opposition defenders something to think about. At 6''4" Lafferty seems to fit the bill on that score...

Certainly looks to be useful. Just so suspicious of youtube videos now. Remember looking at a youtube compilation of Elmander at Galatasaray after we''d just signed him and being very impressed. Gives us a physical presence up front though, and he doesnt look a slouch, seems two footed and can replace Snoddy on free-kicks. Think he will be a good signing. Can imagine him forming a good partnership with Hooper if he stays

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]the goals medley is nice to watch, but as others have said, it must be borne in mind that they were against often statuesque SPL defending. Against that, presumably some of the defending he''s come across in Italy has been more uncompromising.[/quote]

Here is some of  his play at Palermo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btIc_cA3ZI

Still looks decent.

Not too many people were moaning when Tierney went down like that against Bolton.I actually don''t think Lafferty has been brought in to score goals; that will be down to Hooper and Grabban. I think Lafferty is there to add physical presence and win flick-ons and so forth. We so badly missed a target man last year. I don''t care if Lafferty only scores a handful as long as he helps someone else score the winning goals.

Confirms what my Burnley-supporting friend said of him - good with his feet, puts himself about a bit and generally causes trouble. He also said he''s a bit of a dog with the ladies.. and that was before the story broke of the 6 kids in Italy! He''s also a bit of a div by all accounts. Not that that''s important as a footballer, but still. He had a mullet in 2008 - that takes some justifying!

I doubt he''ll get 15 or 20 goals but he should aid others in scoring more.

Just glad we will have a big no. 9 up front again, and maybe a bit of aggression! Provides some different options - hope he becomes another Iwan or Grant.