[quote user="hurricane"]Will probably sign for hull![/quote]Doubt it - don''t think he''s an improvement on what they have already. Bruce, Chester and Davies worked very well as a three last season. A few years have passed since he was their player of the season - they''ve moved on.

I can''t get to every game but on the occasions I have seen him, he''s had shockers.

I appreciate that players need a couple of games after coming back from injury & defenders have to rely on whoevers beside them, but I''ve yet to see him have a decent game.

[quote user="Number 9"]I can''t get to every game but on the occasions I have seen him, he''s had shockers.

I appreciate that players need a couple of games after coming back from injury & defenders have to rely on whoevers beside them, but I''ve yet to see him have a decent game.[/quote]He''s more cut out for Championship football. Alongside a more mobile centre back he could be colossal for us next season. Sure he''s going to struggle against pace, but most Championship teams have a big, strong centre forward - he''s exactly the kind of defender we need to neutralise that threat. If we can get him to sign a new contract I''d consider making him captain.

We have the option to extend the contracts of Turner, Pilkington and Tettey for a further year. I would expect that we''ve used that option since there''s been nothing to the contrary.

Other than a couple of times when he has needed to get up to speed after an injury, Turner has been the best defender at the club consistently and was close top Bassong when he had his great season, must do all we can to keep him!!!

Anyone who had a 1 year extension ie Pilkington & Turner had it extended by a year. The club came out and said that already. Nash & Fox are the only senior players who got released on free transfers.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Anyone who had a 1 year extension ie Pilkington & Turner had it extended by a year. The club came out and said that already. Nash & Fox are the only senior players who got released on free transfers.[/quote]

If thats the case though, surely these players are now in the Snodgrass position? The player we feel compelled to shift before he walks out on a free? If so, we must surely be looking to sign them and any others onto longer term deals. A good time do do this seeing as we''ve just been relegated and can consequently not be realistically held to ransom

I like Turner. He''s solid.

Not sure in which games one poster thought he had ''a shocker'' - I''ve seen every home game for years and think quite the opposite!