Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Suarez's defence to FIFA

"I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent," wrote Suarez in his defence to Fifa.

"At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."

In a document seen by Associated Press, the Liverpool

striker added: "In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite

or intent to bite."

Idiot!

Makes me sick that he can''t just own up to having a problem. He must think the world is stupid to believe that when on TV we could see him clearly ''go for'' Chiellini, followed by throwing himself to the floor when he saw the defender go down. I really don''t get people complaining that the sentence was too harsh either. He will only miss 2 months of premiership and he will no doubt have a personal trainer to work with while he is not allowed at Liverpool''s training ground. He has got off lightly and his return to football should require some evidence that he has had successful rehab treatment or that he will where a gum shield to prevent future occurances.

Very, very mucky. Reflective of the culture of Uruguay? They seem to take cheating as a sort of art form. Suarez is a stone cold coward, very talented, but he will not retire, someone will retire HIM if you know what I mean. Why he hasn''t been completely wiped out by a defender I have no idea they all seem terrified of him. He''s about 5 foot and built like an 8 year old girl, let him know he''s in a game.

Hilarious defence if it wasn''t so sick.  How he could even have the nerve to stand up and say that, or write it, whatever, that should have doubled his sentence.   If he had owned up, apologised and said he would try and get help the fine/ban would be ok - but to take the p*ss like he did, he shopuld have been banned for a season.   The thing is, he was received by a rapturous crowd in Uruguay on his return and the country still allegedly supports him.    

Funny old thing, this sport business......

What''s even more worrying is that somebody in authority at the Uruguay FA (manager, coach, lawyer etc) has told him to say this.How bright are they me thinks?FIFA should treat any appeal with the contempt it deserves & add on another months ban for them having the nerve to challenge the original decision.

Reminds me of Richies explanation in Bottom! "No Eddie my trousers fell down and i slipped then my penis accidently entered the goldfish bowl!

[quote user="morty"]Its like a cheating woman saying she slipped and fell on a man''s penis.[/quote]

..or the old classic, claiming and invisible man in the sky got her up the duff

I think he slipped to be fair

If he hadn''t he''d have bit chellini''s head off

[quote user="City1st"]this may explain some of itwell worth a      read

[/quote]I read that piece a few days ago. It doesn explain Suarez in particular at all. It says Uruguayan football is passionate, that morality goes out of the window, and that players will do anything to win. The point about Suarez''s serial biting is that it is entirely counter-productive. It does nothing to help the team in the way that, for example, sly fouling might, and ends up with bans that hurt his team. As tonight.

Can''t help compare his reception in Uruguay and Beckhams when he got sent off against Argentina. The reaction was against Beckham and I don''t recall he let England down again.

The Uruguay defence of Suarez is probably not helping him.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]this may explain some of itwell worth a      read

[/quote]I read that piece a few days ago. It doesn explain Suarez in particular at all. It says Uruguayan football is passionate, that morality goes out of the window, and that players will do anything to win. The point about Suarez''s serial biting is that it is entirely counter-productive. It does nothing to help the team in the way that, for example, sly fouling might, and ends up with bans that hurt his team. As tonight.[/quote]

"this may explain some of it"note the words may and someI never claimed that it explained about Suarez is particular. And if there is is ''sly fouling'' then we would not know ... by the nature of it being sly.

how would you know if it was sly, if it had not been detected ?not as bright as you think you are

ps you were better under you old name (s)

They are detected. That''s the point. Remember the games are recorded and viewed. Coaches watch them looking for things they may have missed during the game. Sports shows look for things to highlight. Sometimes it''s something sly.

Try again.

perhaps another grown up could help you, I certainly can''t

That''s because you are wrong.

I''ve clearly explained my pov and you respond with "oh dear" or "I can''t", but you don''t actually point out where I am wrong or why you are right. That''s because ^^^^^ (see opening line)