Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ashton HAS Gone!

Get use to this awful headline, because I''m now convinced that you''ll see it before the 1st of September!.

Despite what Worthy and Ashton has said, our board will cave in to any reasonable, although not massive offer.

Read the EDP article today, then read it again, this  time between the lines. Deano is as good as gone I tell you.

If I''m wrong, I''ll resurrect this thread on the 1st of September.

But don''t hold your breath!. 

Blimey Wiz,you can do ressurection as well!Surely with these sort of powers ,a little thing like stopping a transfer must be small beer to you!!

I''ve just read the article again.

I even checked the first letter of every sentence to see if it spelt out a secret message saying that ''A-S-H-T-O-N-H-A-S-G-O-N-E''.

Even though I wouldn''t be surprised if Ashton does go before the close of the transfer window, I don''t think this article really tells us anything we don''t already know.

It seems he will only go if he asks to leave and he has gone on record as saying he doesn''t want to.

That said, put yourself in Ashton''s position:

- chance to earn ludicrous amounts of cash at another club
- who are playing Premiership football
- who are based in the North West where all your family/mates live

If he decides that this is what he wants, then fair play, I think most of us would do the same.

He does seem like a decent bloke though, so I''m hoping that he decides to stick with us till January and then see what gives.

Deano, if you read these message boards give us a sign!!

Ashton hasn''t gone, and won''t go, and the Richard Balls column is just that - BALLS! At a time when most fans and players are anxious about a possible departure of a star player, it is irresponsible journalism for a local paper to come out with this - the article makes a lot of sense, yes, but irresponsible.

If we can''t rely on our own confidence that Ashton is staying, we would at least expect a little support from the local rag - something we''ve not got in this article!

Shame on you Richard! There''s a time and a place for articles like this - this isn''t it!

wiard... someone posted a similar headline to yours a week ago and this was your reply to it...

A bloody stupid and irresponsible headline nik.

I nearly had another heart attack!.

Subject matter okay mate, but think next time please.

you are an idiot and a hypocrite

-no offence

That''s our Wizard yella fella....never happy about a headline someone else has conjured up before he had the initiative to think of it himself.

[quote]wiard... someone posted a similar headline to yours a week ago and this was your reply to it... A bloody stupid and irresponsible headline nik. I nearly had another heart attack!. Subject matter...[/quote]

Fair Point for an idiot Yella, no offence.

But this thread is in response to articles in our local rags, not the national press, and I tell you, something''s up!.

I can smell it.

All we need is a statement from our chairman, like Simon Jorden gave at Palace over AJ, stating clearly that Ashton is not for sale, see easy!.

So why have they not done that?, why leave it to Worthy to make the statement?. In my opinion it could be that if Deano did go, NW would carry the can for it!.

I would have been great during Watergate!.

Wiz - Managed to get some gossip from Colney yesterday. I didnt threaten Worthy in the end, but twas the next best thing.

My Uncle and I looked round a bit, and saw Hucks and Dean in the Gym. I got Deans picture on my phone, said to him "So your injured then? And there was me thinking last night was a big conpiracy!" Dean replied "Nah im not going anywhere, just got some pain in my foot" At which point Hucks leapt in with "Hes off to West Brom apparently. Judas."

On another note, my cousin''s Leicester under nines beat Norwich academy. As did Cambridge City under nines!  So our futures looking bright...

I was down Colney a couple of days ago,  and i asked Deano directly if he was going to leave us, and he looked me in the eye, and said No way, not at all, he then said the only way he would be leaving is if Norwich kicked him out!

Maybe a small cumb of comfort, but he certainly sounded sincere.

This article certainly seems to have caused a bit of a stir. What people need to realise is that its just a column by someone who works at the EDP (though not as a sports reporter) and who happens to do a decent weekly column on a saturday. All it is is speculation and reflects the sort of conversations the fans have been having for weeks. It is not based on some kind of top secret info or had been deisgned to soften the fans up for a sale.

In my experience the EDP (the EN is a little better informed) know very little about what is really going on at the club until it happens (or until it has been widely known on internet messageboards for some time) and if the club really was on the verge of selling Ashton they certainly would not be telling the local journalists that at this moment in time. It is one blokes opinion and nothing more that that. I agree  however that it is a bit irresponsible for them to be splashing it over the billboards as if its some kind of expose - but then I guess they want to sell newspapers at the end of the day.

I know it''s just one guy''s opinion, but when he come out with things like:

Behind the scenes, Ashton will have spoken to those courting his signature. It is illegal, but it happens.

I don''t think there''s any evidence of Ashton being tapped up, and that quote makes it sound like a dead cert he''s off! Really narks me off to be honest.

[quote]Wiz - Managed to get some gossip from Colney yesterday. I didnt threaten Worthy in the end, but twas the next best thing. My Uncle and I looked round a bit, and saw Hucks and Dean in the Gym. I got D...[/quote]

The time has come for wholesale changes in the under 9s set up, these results are completely unacceptable for a club of our stature ....... get Martin O''Neil in immediately to coach them!

[quote]The time has come for wholesale changes in the under 9s set up, these results are completely unacceptable for a club of our stature ....... get Martin O''Neil in immediately to coach them![/quote]

The funny thing was that their were four teams, Norwich Academy, Norwich B (Kids that arent quite good enough to get into the academy), Cambridge City and Leicester. And the Norwich B team were better than the academy! Also the academy had a kid who must be the secret love child of Gary Holt, looked identical. To make matters worse Cambridge city, a team who arent even in the football league won it!

But yeah, there are obviously big selection problems at under nine level, sack the board!

[quote]press conference been called for 2pm regarding ashton, just had official message[/quote]

That means he aint going. They wouldnt hold a press conference to announce he is leaving.

BORING!

[quote]Get use to this awful headline, because I''m now convinced that you''ll see it before the 1st of September!. Despite what Worthy and Ashton has said, our board will cave in to any reasonable, although ...[/quote]

Now crawl into a cupboard and spend some solid time polishing those balls...there seems to be a malfunction

[quote]That means he aint going. They wouldnt hold a press conference to announce he is leaving. BORING![/quote]

Great he''s staying so lets get back to those under 9s .... I think we need to name and shame here - who''s not performing? We can''t carry passengers these players need to shape up or ship out - there''s no room for losers in the yellow shirts .... The youth of today they don''t know they''re born ..... it''s a disgrace ....

"Get use to this awful headline, because I''m now convinced that you''ll see it before the 1st of September!.

Despite what Worthy and Ashton has said, our board will cave in to any reasonable, although not massive offer.

Read the EDP article today, then read it again, this  time between the lines. Deano is as good as gone I tell you.

If I''m wrong, I''ll resurrect this thread on the 1st of September.

But don''t hold your breath!.  "

Dont worry about resurrecting the thread, think you look silly enough as it is

However if you want some pessimism then here it is. This one year extension means NOTHING, as IMO he will be gone before his contract ends (Unless we are a solid Premiership club in two years time) And therefore the extension is just an extreme way of saying HANDS OFF! In the same way as AJ. But I doubt either of them will see out their contracts whether it be they who wish to leave, or the clubs that wish to sell them.

Oh come on Trent Canary just enjoy the moment you dont have to put a dampener on it stating the obvious.  Of course he could be gone in a couple of years time or even one year but at least the club have safeguarded the investment knowing that he cant walk away on a free for at least 4 years.  I dont think any of us are that niaive to believe he will see out the four years if we are mid table in the Championship in two years time.  But at least it gives us something to hang on to.

Navman - The fact is that I was about as sure as sure can be that he wasnt leaving. So although its nice, Im hardly getting excited over it. Its just I didnt want Wiz and co to have nothing to be pessimistic about! So I gave them something to work with.

[quote]Get use to this awful headline, because I''m now convinced that you''ll see it before the 1st of September!. Despite what Worthy and Ashton has said, our board will cave in to any reasonable, although ...[/quote]

ist wizard  how stupid you look now i say once again you have nothing better to do then sit at your computer and stir things up.

well done worthy keep up the good work.

There is a difference.

The transfer fee usually reflects the wages and length of contract the player is on as the buying club has to buy the player out of the contract. That''s why Green hasn''t gone already.

It does show a long term commitment from both parties and ensures that if Ashton lives up to his promise he won''t leave for peanuts.

[quote]Go away Wizard - I''m bored with your negativity. Any threads started by you are herewith ignored![/quote]

Have to say I agree.  What''s the point of such a stupid headline.  Bet you''re disappointed now Wizard as it gives you less to moan about.