Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Howson to Sheff Wed?!

@Soccer_sauce: Norwich MF Jonny Howson set for talks with Sheffield Wednesday next week.

I really do wonder where these guys get their ideas for transfer rumours. This move just make no sense for the club or Howson. And i highly doubt they could afford the £4/5 million + we would demand.

Worst thing is most Wednesday fans don''t even seem very excited by it! Maybe even they realise it''s complete bull

(sorry for the poor grammar, I was in a desperate rush to post it before someone else beat me to it and I was crucified for posting a thread on the same subject)

Must be rubbish and I should know............I write enough of it![;)]

I think there might be something in it, in terms of Wednesday may have approached us. They have a new foreign owner who will be looking to splash the cash, and signing a local lad from a rival club to lead their midfield could be an attractive option. He''ll probably be after a couple of marquee signings to show his intent, and it would make sense for Howson to be one of them. With a big pay rise and a move back to his roots, could his head be turned? I certainly hope not...

This has crept under the radar and I would be amazed if Sheff Wed pulled it off assuming there is any truth in it. After all no new owner or not they are a club that has flirted between the Championship and League One for a lot of years. If Howson himself has expressed a desire to leave surely his sights would be aimed back towards the Premiership ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This has crept under the radar and I would be amazed if Sheff Wed pulled it off assuming there is any truth in it. After all no new owner or not they are a club that has flirted between the Championship and League One for a lot of years. If Howson himself has expressed a desire to leave surely his sights would be aimed back towards the Premiership ?[/quote]You''d hope so, wouldn''t you? More money and a move back home could be tempting, but he''d surely have a better chance of getting promoted with us than with Wednesday.

I personally think that howson will possibly be our skipper this season, with Russ staying as club captain.

[quote user="Wiz"]Must be rubbish and I should know............I write enough of it![;)][/quote]

Don''t rise to it wiz

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This has crept under the radar and I would be amazed if Sheff Wed pulled it off assuming there is any truth in it. After all no new owner or not they are a club that has flirted between the Championship and League One for a lot of years. If Howson himself has expressed a desire to leave surely his sights would be aimed back towards the Premiership ?[/quote]

His sights can be set there all he wants, that doesn''t matter when there won''t be a PL league team with even remote interest.