Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Quick Poll....

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Do you have any idea who''s in Concacaf? Most members are tiny Caribbean nations with nice beaches and resorts but little else beyond that. Concacaf is rife with members like this whereas in Europe they are the exception. If you want to believe qualifying for the world cup is only slightly easier for the US in Concacaf compared to England in Europe, go ahead.

If you don''t think infrastructure matters to quality of life and development of decent athletics, you are living in a dream world. Ever seen a documentary about developing football programs in Africa? What they all want to have because they know it matters is good infrastructure at the facilities. You know, housing and running water for the players.

Are you for real?[/quote]

Are you aware who''s in CONCACAF moron. Nicaragua is bottom 3 and you are comparing them to countries that aren''t remotely equivalent. You aren''t bright, but please continue. It''s hilarious.

You seem to have lost the plot. I''ve explained why you US qualifying is much easier than for England and given a variety of relevant reasons. You seem to have some odd romanticized idea of Caribbean nations which make up a significant proportion of Concacaf. Look at their FIFA rankings. Europe had a few, Concacaf had a lot. It''s really quite simple. Except for you.

You just used FIFA rankings in an argument... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAl.. Again you are hilariously mentally challenged, please keep going...

Seeing as you need some serious mental help to understand anything. Here are rd. 3 and 4 of WC qualifying teams. If you don''t understand what that means, just let me know:

rd. 3: US, Jamaica, Guatamala, A&B, Mexico, Costa Rica, Guyana, Honduras, Panama, Canada

rd. 5. US, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica.

Yeah, really so many small Carribean teams.

You seriously are very mentally challenged, I feel bad for whatever person has to take care of you....

I mean yeah, teams like A&B and Guyana aren''t the powerhouses of Liechtenstein, Malta, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Cyprus and stuff.

Qualifying from CONCACAF is considerably easier for the USA than it is for England to qualify from UEFA.

In the last qualifying England were blessed with a relatively easy group with Ukraine and Montenegro as the other strong teams. But they could have theoretically had a group with France, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Armenia and Iceland. With only one team certain of qualification that is certainly much harder than being one of 3 out of Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica and Panama.

I''d also add it is probably a hinderance though for America to be able to qualify for the World Cup every time so easily. It''s hard to really judge your progress when so many ''competitive'' games are against significantly weaker teams. This is what motivated Australia to move from Oceana to Asia - it meant they had more regular games against better teams.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Thank you, BY&G.

Jaemae, you conveniently left out rounds 1 and 2.[/quote]

Moron, the teams in rd 3. that aren''t Cuba, A&B, Guyana and one more DON''T DO RD 1 AND 2 QUALIFYING. Again, you are extremely special.

It''s hilarious when people who just aren''t even remotely bright try to talk about something it''s clear they have 0 knowledge of (in cases of these people that''s ANYTHING they talk about).

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Qualifying from CONCACAF is considerably easier for the USA than it is for England to qualify from UEFA.

In the last qualifying England were blessed with a relatively easy group with Ukraine and Montenegro as the other strong teams. But they could have theoretically had a group with France, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Armenia and Iceland. With only one team certain of qualification that is certainly much harder than being one of 3 out of Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica and Panama.

I''d also add it is probably a hinderance though for America to be able to qualify for the World Cup every time so easily. It''s hard to really judge your progress when so many ''competitive'' games are against significantly weaker teams. This is what motivated Australia to move from Oceana to Asia - it meant they had more regular games against better teams.[/quote]

again, morons. The US isn''t competing agaisnt the weaker teams. Learn shit before talking, it''s hilarious.

I didn''t say anything about the weaker teams did I? I said they have to secure one of the 3.5 qualification places in a group with Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica and Panama (this time round).

So to qualify (without a playoff) they have to be ahead of 3 of those teams. That is certainly easier than England having to be ahead of Ukraine and Montenegro (and that is one of the easier groups).

The US would have probably qualified if they only finished ahead of Jamaica and Panama. They would have needed to beat New Zealand in a two game play-off.

So in conclusion, CONCACAF is probably the easiest qualifying region of them all.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I didn''t say anything about the weaker teams did I? I said they have to secure one of the 3.5 qualification places in a group with Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica and Panama (this time round).

So to qualify (without a playoff) they have to be ahead of 3 of those teams. That is certainly easier than England having to be ahead of Ukraine and Montenegro (and that is one of the easier groups).

The US would have probably qualified if they only finished ahead of Jamaica and Panama. They would have needed to beat New Zealand in a two game play-off.

So in conclusion, CONCACAF is probably the easiest qualifying region of them all.[/quote]

I did misread your posts after the drivel spouted before yours. There''s also fewer spots to qualify for. I''m not saying US has the hardest road, it'' only marginally easier than England''s is all...

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I didn''t say anything about the weaker teams did I? I said they have to secure one of the 3.5 qualification places in a group with Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica and Panama (this time round).

So in conclusion, CONCACAF is probably the easiest qualifying region of them all.[/quote]

I did misread your posts after the drivel spouted before yours. There''s also fewer spots to qualify for. I''m not saying US has the hardest road, it'' only marginally easier than England''s is all...[/quote]

Also if you think CONCACAF is easier than Asia that''s hilarious. Again, UEFA has way more cupcakes and it''s not close. Face it, England is on the decline and not head and shoulder above the US anymore. Tough break.

Asia is pretty weak that''s true, I was going to say it''s equally easy with CONCACAF. There are 3 big teams (Japan, South Korea and Australia) and 4.5 spots for qualifying (although the .5 is in a qualifier against South America and it''s very unlikely an Asian team will ever win that) . I would say it is getting more difficult though - especially with the introduction of Australia.

The main thing that makes Asia more difficult is the massive logistical issues, qualifiers is countries as far apart as Iran and Japan can happen in one week. And potential visits to Iraq, North Korea and Syria mean it isn''t particularly pleasant either.

I can see FIFA taking one place from Asia in the future and giving it to Africa - where the qualifying is probably the most difficult.

I know England isn''t massively superior to USA - I think I said words to that effect on a different thread about US football. I would say that qualifying for them is much more a formality though, if things don''t change I can''t see them failing to get to a World Cup for a very long time.

Whereas, if England were to slip into the 2nd seeding pot then getting to a World Cup suddenly becomes a much harder prospect. It''s true that there are many weak teams in Europe - but there are also a lot more good teams. Just look at the European teams that aren''t at the World Cup. When you compare that to the two best teams that didn''t get to the World Cup from CONCACAF - Panama and Jamaica, the difference in difficulty is clear.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Asia is pretty weak that''s true, I was going to say it''s equally easy with CONCACAF. There are 3 big teams (Japan, South Korea and Australia) and 4.5 spots for qualifying (although the .5 is in a qualifier against South America and it''s very unlikely an Asian team will ever win that) . I would say it is getting more difficult though - especially with the introduction of Australia.

The main thing that makes Asia more difficult is the massive logistical issues, qualifiers is countries as far apart as Iran and Japan can happen in one week. And potential visits to Iraq, North Korea and Syria mean it isn''t particularly pleasant either.

I can see FIFA taking one place from Asia in the future and giving it to Africa - where the qualifying is probably the most difficult.

I know England isn''t massively superior to USA - I think I said words to that effect on a different thread about US football. I would say that qualifying for them is much more a formality though, if things don''t change I can''t see them failing to get to a World Cup for a very long time.

Whereas, if England were to slip into the 2nd seeding pot then getting to a World Cup suddenly becomes a much harder prospect. It''s true that there are many weak teams in Europe - but there are also a lot more good teams. Just look at the European teams that aren''t at the World Cup. When you compare that to the two best teams that didn''t get to the World Cup from CONCACAF - Panama and Jamaica, the difference in difficulty is clear.[/quote]

I agree with most to all of this. Fair points to you. I fully agree teams like Ukraine and Sweden, etc... etc... are better than Jamaica/Panama.

Jaemae, you conveniently left out rounds 1 and 2.

Moron, the teams in rd 3. that aren''t Cuba, A&B, Guyana and one more DON''T DO RD 1 AND 2 QUALIFYING. Again, you are extremely special. - jaemae

I never said or even implied the US plays in rounds 1 or 2. What I have said repeatedly and what you seem too blinded by stubbornness and ignorance to see is that Concacaf members are predominantly small Caribbean islands with low populations and very limited infrastructure beyond the beach resorts.

Count to 10 and read this again with blinders off and eyes not seeing red. Then you may see I do know what I''m talking about and you''ve been raving about something that exists only in your very limited imagination.

You''re welcome.