Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Morrison's gone to Palace, now let's play them at their own game

Good, Morrison has finally gone to Palace.

Now might I suggest that we play them at their own game and act now to hijack their move for Bentley?

We must act before the transfer window closes, we must show our ambition

I''m hoping that this bid for Morrison was a smokescreen to:

- spur on the rest of the strikers to pull their socks up (worked wonders on Tuesday night don''t you think!)

- to allow Worthy to work behind the scenes to bring in two great, unexpected signings

Watch this space.....

hmm, you don''t think maybe you were interested in Morrison because you are about to lose Ashton to, Wigan, Newcastle, West Ham ?

Im sure your "Smoke Screen" will really fire up Mckenzie ( He might actually manage to stay on-side for once)

Clinton''s come home (And hopefully Bentley soon), and can''t wait till you lot come back to Selhurst for lesson in football !

Right now the clinton deal is out of the window, we need spend that 2 mill on a midfielder and quick!

I have my fingers crossed that worthy has another player up his sleave to bring in before the window closes. Please nigel dont let us down!

I''m disappointed but not that sad.  He''s a good player but we need to strengthen elsewhere.  IMO this will be a O''Connor/Hulse type player we''ve missed out on.  Worthy will have other targets in mind

[quote]hmm, you don''t think maybe you were interested in Morrison because you are about to lose Ashton to, Wigan, Newcastle, West Ham ? Im sure your "Smoke Screen" will really fire up Mckenzie ( He might ac...[/quote]

Haven''t you Palace fans got anything better to do than to post on here? Clear off!

[quote]hmm, you don''t think maybe you were interested in Morrison because you are about to lose Ashton to, Wigan, Newcastle, West Ham ? Im sure your "Smoke Screen" will really fire up Mckenzie ( He might ac...[/quote]

Ashtons going nowhere.
Now get back under the rock from which you crawled.
kthx

I too dont understand why anyone would want to post on a footie forum, other than one for their own Club??

Surely you Palarse fans must have something to discuss? Or maybe you really want to be a Canary

I am a bit disappointed about Morrison not coming to City, but like we all know, the sorting of our midfield is paramount.

ON THE BALL CITY !

[quote]Maybe you should sign Pascal Cygan, even he can score against Fulham ![/quote]

Lots of muppets on here today.
Roll on September, they''ll all go back to school no doubt...

I would love it if Palace DO waste a lot of money on Bentley.

He''s totally overrated, will do nothing to contribute to their team, and can you imagine the amount of mirrors they will have to install in their dressing room to accomodate Morrison and Bentley''s pre-match hairdressing and beard trimming?

Hilarious.

Go on Dowie - you know you want him!

[quote]Lots of muppets on here today. Roll on September, they''ll all go back to school no doubt...[/quote]

I thought that was far too witty to be considered school-boy humor !

[quote]I thought that was far too witty to be considered school-boy humor ![/quote]

Yeah, but your spelling of "humour" gives you away

[quote]Yeah, but your spelling of "humour" gives you away[/quote]

Nah, Im 25 and I can''t spell. Wish I was still in school though !

Fair comments about the mirrors though ! We are desperate for creative midfielder so Bentley would be a boon regardless. Clinton has alot to prove which will hopefully be a benefit to us. Either way you beat us to Ashton and deep down every palace fan would probably have chosen Ashton over anyone.  So before I make too many enemies I will close with a compliment.

Thanx for the best away day, season in and out (Shame we will be in the prem next year and you wont !)

[quote]I too dont understand why anyone would want to post on a footie forum, other than one for their own Club?? Surely you Palarse fans must have something to discuss? Or maybe you really want to be a C...[/quote]

Err maybe cos we like to have some banter with fans from other teams? Isn''t that what football rivalries are all about? You remind me of a person on our website (cpfc.org) called C_Block. He refuses to drink with away fans and only likes to be with his "own kind". We try making him broaden his horizons but he won''t have it. S''pose it''s just the way some people are

A football lesson at Sell most Road ?

A night at the opera watching the dying swan in Swan Lake wmight be more appropriate.

Tell me how many more goals did ''diver'' Johnson score in open play in 2004/2005 compared to Ashton ?

[quote]Err maybe cos we like to have some banter with fans from other teams? Isn''t that what football rivalries are all about? You remind me of a person on our website (cpfc.org) called C_Block. He refuses t...[/quote]

Chris, I have nothing against football rivalry but why bother posting on a Norwich City forum when you dont support them?   I would not refuse to drink with away fans, and in fact have done on many an occasion. Actually I would drink with anyone!

My horizons are broad enough, thank you and I dont like just being with my ''own kind'' either. 

QUOTE: ''Thats just the way some people are''  Exactly how do you mean?

I post on other teams messageboards to give my opinion - a different perspective. Sorry if that offends you in any way. Maybe you should have an ''Away Fans End'' like we do on cpfc.org?

As for the dying swan rubbish, I tried posting my opinion on another thread but Mr Moderator must have been upset with me sticking up for one of our players, so didn''t put it up. I was basically saying how you shouldn''t all be like sheep and follow the crowd. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that the only time I''ve seen a questionable AJ penalty was against you. All of the rest have been blatant fouls. It annoys me when fans like yours read things in the media (cough cough Steve Br*ce) and take it as gospel.

If you want me to piss off then I will, but I''m hardly being rude or threatening - just putting my point across.

I just didnt appreciate you insinuating that my horizons needed broadening blah blah blah.

I am my own person, and do not follow anyone like a sheep.

End of!

PS I''ll forgive you!

We don''t need Steve Bruce, plenty of us watched the Palace goals on MOTD. Johnson was certainly playing for a penalty in every game. Take those penalties away and you would have been down by Easter.

To state that johnson''s penalty against us was ''questionable'' merely compounds your limited grasp of such matters.

I doubt he''ll have so much luck in this division - most players, fans and refs will have wised up by now.

11 penalties against the next highest Defoe with 6 says it all.

[quote]We don''t need Steve Bruce, plenty of us watched the Palace goals on MOTD. Johnson was certainly playing for a penalty in every game. Take those penalties away and you would have been down by Easter. ...[/quote]

Interesting. In two of the three games we''ve played you, Johnson has scored two goals from open play.

You''ve been affected by one penalty, a penalty that was more than fair, especially since Safri handled on the line earlier in the game. You lot still seem to conveniently forget about that.

And for you to go on about diving cheats, when Huckerby won the game in your championship winning season at Carrow Road with a clear dive, is incredible. But again, conveniently forget.

I didn''t see AJ dive at Carrow Road a few weeks ago, did you? Oh, wait, yeah he did dive, for his celebration! Huckerby did dive in open play, right infront of the Barclay Stand! Again, you''ve conveniently forgotten about that one, haven''t you?

Shackell has been clumsy on a few occasions (MK Dons anyone?!) and there was definately contact in that game. You can look at it through your yellow and green tinted specs, but it was clear then, and is clear now.

Most players fans and refs eh? If thats the case, why did AJ not claim a penalty against you this season? Why did Shackell go in so clumsily at Selhurst? And what difference do fans make, they''re only there to take the mickey out of when they make gooney signs about diving

Oh, and of the 11 penalties we won and AJ scored, 4 of them had nothing to do with AJ in the build up! So that actually brings it to 7 penalties that you can claim he dived in...not that many now, is it?

[quote]Blimey, how many Palarse fans are there lurking on this board??[/quote]

I better not comment Marmite.  I may get accused of needing to widen my horizons and not be a sheep follower

I do seem to have touched a raw nerve here with old U Boat johnson. Unfortunately you seem as ill equipped for reasoned argument as does the tumbling johnson for standing up in the opponents area.

Your claim about johnson not diving merely reaffirms my point about him not being able to get away with his diving tricks this season.

It is also rather silly to claim that penalties are justified on the basis of previous appeals. It is either a penalty or not, irrespective of what happened earlier.

" ... and the referee has gone over to consult the linesman who it appears is reminding the referee of a couple of earlier appeals that were turned down, and the refereee has awarded the penalty... "

Not too sure how well you grasp the importance of fans (or football come to that) with your remark about what difference fans make. An awful lot when 20,000 plus are watching for your choreographed antics to take place. Likewise the same forewarned observation from the other players and the referee.

To further claim that one player having SEVEN penalties awarded to him is not many would be breathtaking were it not put against the rest of the guff you''ve written. Many teams go a couple of seasons without seven penalties being awarded to them never mind to one player. The number is also only those that were awarded, it doesn''t tell you how many other times Norwood''s Norman Wisdom managed to kick his heels whilst heading for the byline.

[quote]I just didnt appreciate you insinuating that my horizons needed broadening blah blah blah. I am my own person, and do not follow anyone like a sheep. End of! PS I''ll forgive you![/quote]

I didn''t actually say that you needed your horizons broadened. I just said you seemed similar to someone on our messageboard who was against talking to opposition fans.

That''s a pretty much perfect post.

All I can add is: PLEASE will someone give me a list of AJ''s undeserved penalties? You keep banging on about his dives but you don''t back it up with any facts. Funny that!