Sign in to follow this  
#

Selling out our fans for a few pieces of silver.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"], but Martinez rose to the challenge.  Digest these last four highlighted words carefully . Failing to achieve that are the reason that Hughton and Moyes are no longer in the jobs they had, not because everything was against them.   [/quote]Good words, YC. Lake and one or two of his dwindling band of chums are still finding new ways to excuse the Hughton years of failure, but, now we are closer to the start of next season than the end of last, my take on this is to move on, and give the new rĂ©gime a clean slate.I''ll be the first to admit that I was not terribly overwhelmed when NA was appointed, but he seems to be conducting his business in a competent manner so far, so I''m hopeful that he will indeed rise to the challenge, and we''ll hit the floor running on Aug 10th. None of this'' it''ll take a long time to bed in'' stuff favoured by one or two others.

Not had access to a computer for a couple of weeks and in one of the very first threads I read after having access again I see LDC defending Clueless!

For Huck sake man! Hughton failed, we didnt score enough goals and our away record was abysmal.... oh and we got relegated- don''t know if you remember that occurance?!

Probably the fans fault though eh?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="YankeeCanary"], but Martinez rose to the challenge.  Digest these last four highlighted words carefully . Failing to achieve that are the reason that Hughton and Moyes are no longer in the jobs they had, not because everything was against them.   [/quote]Good words, YC. Lake and one or two of his dwindling band of chums are still finding new ways to excuse the Hughton years of failure, but, now we are closer to the start of next season than the end of last, my take on this is to move on, and give the new rĂ©gime a clean slate.[/quote]

You two make a good pair.   Pair of what, I''m not sure......

Comparing Martinez''s positon to SAF and Paul Lambert is flawed in the extreme.   To start with I was talking about two incredibly successful managers in SAF and Paul Lambert - and the difficulty in replacing them.   Martinez replacing Moyes at Everton was not the same thing at all.  Moyes -a long serving and solid manager, yes - but I was talking about the hole left by SAF and the hole left by Paul Lambert.   Martinez did a good job - but he was not following a super successful manager who had brought his teams unheard of success in terms of anything tangible like championships or promotions. 

Moyes and Hughton failed, but for once in your lives YC and Reggie, try and see a wider view for a change.  Not everything has to revolve around a single character - there are always circumstances and reasons surrounding any situation.   They failed for numerous reasons.  Excuses don''t come in to it and I am not trying to excuse anyone, so just try and understand what I am saying instead of jumping out with the same old derogatory stuff about "Hughton''s chums" or whatever your latest put down line is.  

Wiz, go out of the house, meet some people, make some friends. Because you have been spouting the same drivel for at least 10 years now. Where you get the time in life is beyond me and I can only assume its because you never leave the house. I am surprised that thepinkun hasn''t sent you a bill for the have wasted on their servers.Go on, go out for an evening and have a drink.

[quote user="Rivixter"]Wiz, go out of the house, meet some people, make some friends. Because you have been spouting the same drivel for at least 10 years now. Where you get the time in life is beyond me and I can only assume its because you never leave the house. I am surprised that thepinkun hasn''t sent you a bill for the bandwidth you have wasted on their servers.Go on, go out for an evening and have a drink. [/quote]* posted to quickly without checking for errors!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Comparing Martinez''s positon to SAF and Paul Lambert is flawed in the extreme. 

Moyes and Hughton failed, but for once in your lives YC and Reggie, try and see a wider view for a change. 

[/quote]I never once referred to SAF, Lambert or Moyes. LDC. I only referred to Martized in agreeing with  YC'' statement about him. You came down on me like a ton of bricks for ''putting words in your mouth'' last week, whining that you''d never actually mentioned the things I said, though someone else had.. I was happy to acknowledge that fact.Now, we''ll see if you are man enough to do the same..........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="YankeeCanary"], but Martinez rose to the challenge.  Digest these last four highlighted words carefully . Failing to achieve that are the reason that Hughton and Moyes are no longer in the jobs they had, not because everything was against them.   [/quote]

Good words, YC. Lake and one or two of his dwindling band of chums are still finding new ways to excuse the Hughton years of failure, but, now we are closer to the start of next season than the end of last, my take on this is to move on, and give the new régime a clean slate.

[/quote]

Comparing Martinez''s positon to SAF and Paul Lambert is flawed in the extreme.   To start with I was talking about two incredibly successful managers in SAF and Paul Lambert - and the difficulty in replacing them.   Martinez replacing Moyes at Everton was not the same thing at all.  Moyes -a long serving and solid manager, yes - but I was talking about the hole left by SAF and the hole left by Paul Lambert.   Martinez did a good job - but he was not following a super successful manager who had brought his teams unheard of success in terms of anything tangible like championships or promotions. 

[/quote]

Lakey, I''m sure you could get lost in a 16 square foot maze.

I did not refer to SAF at all. What I stated was clear for all to see, except you of course. I took exception to your statement that, when it came to Hughton and Moyes, everything was against them. I pointed out why your statement was simply wrong. In Moyes case it would have been reasonable for the powers that be at Manchester United to expect that Moyes would at least achieve what he did with Everton. He did not. Your foolishness in comparing Paul Lambert with SAF is just that. Foolishness. Paul Lambert had two good seasons with Norwich at lower levels and a decent first season with Norwich back in the Premiership, and a mediocre second season with Villa. People in football who are charged with the responsibility of assessing the resumes of football managers would hardly rate Lambert against SAF as being "an incredibly successful manager." Indeed, some might find it difficult to suggest Lambert has yet come anywhere close to the success David Moyes has achieved to date. 

Hughton took Norwich in a backward direction. Both he and Moyes failed to rise to the challenge in their last positions and they both failed to meet the expectation their bosses had of them. Ultimately, they were both fired for that reason. If either of them expect to get decent management jobs back in football I doubt they are running around telling anybody that will listen that "everything was against them." They know that would be folly, and so should you.

[quote user="Wizard of Waveney "]It depends on who we replace him with.[/quote]

Probably someone from Wroxham for a tenner, bin the rest.

YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

a poster is trying to say, homing in on tiny idiosyncracies  that you

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost. 

A) So YC says that Martinez rose to the occasion - which intimates that Moyes and Hughton didn''t - and they were after  SAF and Paul Lambert - therefore my reference to them.  Jees.............. 

B) So I said  EVERYTHING was against Moyes and Hughton. Big deal. Its an expression of the sentiment that there were things against them that made their jobs harder. 

I''ve said it before to both of you.  Your attitude singularly ignores the overall  message and  seeks only to devalue it, so the message gets lost in a sea of minutiae. I no longer care enough about it on this thread to discuss it with you further, as it is supposed to be about something else.  Needless to say you will come back with your usual guff of  self-satisfaction, but look back on this thread if you can be bothered and you will see I only responded to people''s criticism - and did not set out to do anything else.   Your attempts at undermining are a waste of your time. 

The problem is Lake  that you have been hoist by your own petard. You ceaselessly whine about people of all sorts ''misrepresenting '' you and putting words in your mouth, but from your response above, it seems it''s OK for you to do that, but when others do it, all hell  ensues.I even gave you a chance to  accept that you had misquoted, as you gave to me earlier on in the week. The singular difference is that I took it, whereas you have continued with the lies and even resorted to insults. I cannot speak for YC, but I''m frankly disappointed. Whilst I disagree with you on several issues I had you down as a better man than the some of the graceless reactionary chumps on here, but sadly you seem to be tarred with the same brush. I never set out to ''undermine'', as you put it; merely to challenge some of the tripe that is written on here and passed off as fact . Never have any problem with people having an opinion, however far fetched. It''s when they dress it up as ''the truth'' that I start railing against it.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The problem is Lake  that you have been hoist by your own petard. You ceaselessly whine about people of all sorts ''misrepresenting '' you and putting words in your mouth, but from your response above, it seems it''s OK for you to do that, but when others do it, all hell  ensues. I even gave you a chance to  accept that you had misquoted, as you gave to me earlier on in the week. The singular difference is that I took it, whereas you have continued with the lies and even resorted to insults. I cannot speak for YC, but I''m frankly disappointed. Whilst I disagree with you on several issues I had you down as a better man than the some of the graceless reactionary chumps on here, but sadly you seem to be tarred with the same brush. I never set out to ''undermine'', as you put it; merely to challenge some of the tripe that is written on here and passed off as fact . Never have any problem with people having an opinion, however far fetched. It''s when they dress it up as ''the truth'' that I start railing against it.[/quote]

A)  I never quoted you which is what you did the other day.  My observations were to both you and Yankee.    B)  All hell doesn''t let loose, I just answer back.  I know some people find that hard to take........C)  There is no  C).......

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Moyes and Hughton failed, but for once in your lives YC and Reggie, try and see a wider view for a change. [/quote]Not altogether sure how I was not involved in that criticism by you, Lake, but there we are. Particularly as I never referred once to Moyes, let alone SAF or Lambert. Unless ,of course, you can find evidence to the contrary.......But, by your own very low standards that does seem something of a climbdown, of sorts, so I suppose I''ll just have to accept that''s the best I'' m gonna get !!

[quote user="lake district canary"]YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost.  [/quote]It''s not their fault you can''t get your words right.

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="lake district canary"]YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost.  [/quote]It''s not their fault you can''t get your words right.[/quote]

Its all in the interptretation, not in the actual words.   As in  "eats shoots an leaves"...................

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="lake district canary"]YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost.  [/quote]It''s not their fault you can''t get your words right.[/quote]That should say

Its all in the interpretation, not in the actual words.   As in  "eats shoots and leaves"...................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="lake district canary"]YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost.  [/quote]It''s not their fault you can''t get your words right.[/quote]

Its all in the interptretation, not in the actual words.   As in  "eats shoots an leaves"...................

[/quote]which would therefore suggest that we need you to tell us if we have made the ''correct'' interpretation of your words..............if my interpretation of your above comment is correct

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"][quote user="lake district canary"]YC and Reggie.  I give in.  As I said - you''re a right pair.   Your ways of looking at people''s posts ignores the sentiment of what

can weedle out so any perception of  what is being said is lost.  [/quote]It''s not their fault you can''t get your words right.[/quote]Its all in the interpretation, not in the actual words.   As in  "eats shoots and leaves"...................[/quote]which would therefore suggest that we need you to tell us if we have made the ''correct'' interpretation of your words..............if my interpretation of your above comment is correct[/quote]

The way people interpret what other people post, says more about them than it does the original poster................

or rather in realitywhy not simply post up your thoughts in plain English that don''t need ''interpretation

...... or would that remove the get out clause when your post is challenged ?

[quote user="City1st"]or rather in realitywhy not simply post up your thoughts in plain English that don''t need ''interpretation...... or would that remove the get out clause when your post is challenged ?[/quote]

I do write in plain English, but then I wouldn''t expect any credit from you on that score, particularly as 99% of your posts verge on gibberish. 

Its easy City 1st -  you give me no leeway - so I''ll give you no leeway.  Show some respect and I might give you some back. 

Its not that difficult.   

"I do write in plain English"or

"Its all in the interpretation, not in the actual words."

not sure why plain English should need interpetation, but I''m sure you will manage to spin it so it does

[quote user="City1st"]"I do write in plain English"or"Its all in the interpretation, not in the actual words."not sure why plain English should need interpetation, but I''m sure you will manage to spin it so it does[/quote]

Everything in the world is down to how we interpret it.............

Hows that for spin.........