Sign in to follow this  
#

Selling out our fans for a few pieces of silver.

snoddy works hard most of the time but is a very one paced and predictable player who we can replace with a quicker and dare I say someone who might even get the crowd going like Hucks did.This is silly money for a player of his ability lets take it and move on with players who really want to play for us.

I would say the fact that the majority so far have sounded a positive opinion says it''s a good deal.

He was our best player, the ''Huckerby'' of this generation of NCFC, but his game doesn''t really fit the rest of the team. He needs people that will get up and attack high, hanging crosses and that can afford to challenge defenders in the box- like Stoke.

Having seen him live so many times, we as fans know that the ''top scorer, top assists'' label he (albeit rightly) has comes with a few drawbacks at PL level and I think 7-8 million is a lovely deal for us.

8m for snodgrass cannot be ignored, it''s a very very good deal

As far as spending it goes we''ve already spent 3m on one of the championships biggest scorers from last year and lafferty looks like it''s in the post so I think we will and are spending money.

Let''s face it, if we spent loads it would be moaning about spending too much if we didn''t sell anyone it''s be "why aren''t we getting rid of deadwood" it''s not exactly complicated is it, really.

When you have literally no reputation being right or wrong doesn''t matter as long as it keeps you from pressing the nurses call button again.

By humouring you we are providing a service to the local community. Theoretically most of this board deserves tax credits for humouring the medically stupid.

[quote user="Wiz"][/quote]

Ever seen him play with your own eyes Wiz?

Class yourself as a NCFC fan?

Honestly! Other fans can grumble as they support their team, you on the other hand....

Snoddy has consistently delivered. Unless we find a player that can (not potential, proven stats) we are IMO weaker.

Not a good sign for Hooper etc.

Please make allowances for Wheeze as he''s of an age where he doesn''t even remember his own name(it''s David Wheeze incase you''ve forgotten again ).

Its weird, I dont know why, but I am strangely drawn to any thread you start Wiz....I think I will go and see the doctor about it as its worrying. But seriously, a thread with the subject designed to attract attention and stimulate debate..... nothing wrong with that in my book.

So, disagree totally with you on this, we all expected to see some departures, some will not be popular........BUT, lets remember each and every one of the current squad was part of a squad that got us relegation.....so this would indicate we can do better.

As for Snodgrass, very sad to see him go, one player out of only a few I personally would like to have seen stay.....yet, and this is also strange....I actually dont think we will miss him that much....work that one out!! 

IF he goes, then thank you for your contribution Snoddy.

But, if you could only play one, would you rather teach Redmond to shoot, or teach Snoddy to run faster ... ?

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]As pointed out you said you would "rip there arm off" for that Snodgrass deal yet you start a thread against the sale of said player the next day? Are you angry because they haven''t spent the money they haven''t received yet on a replacement in the last 24 hrs? Help me understand Wiz. Is there anything to understand or is it some lazy trolling again?[/quote]

Guilty as charged hertford, I was bored...........sorry.[:$]

take the feeif Redmond cost what he supposedly did, then I doubt it will be too difficult to find a replacement for Snodgrass

ps I doubt it is possible to teach somebody to run faster

That''s actually quite funny Wiz, huzzah to you for admitting it!

wiz admits to trollingwhatever next, you have to wonderthere is no Wensum Stand ?he has never sat in the Barclay in his wheelchair, nor visited Carrow Road in 1937 ?over to you Jimbo

[quote user="Ron Manager"]That''s actually quite funny Wiz, huzzah to you for admitting it![/quote]

Cheers Ron.  [B]

8m is hardly " a few pieces of silver" Wiz. Even in today''s overpriced football world it''s a substantial amount of cash.The bottom line is which is worth more to NCFC ; Robert Snodgrass performing as he did, patchily, last season , or 8 million quid with which to strengthen the squad in weaker areas. ?  There will be those who choose the former, but, if the reaction on this thread is anything to go by, then the latter is the more popular option, and I view things that way too.The devil will be in the detail on this deal, and we are all assuming (hopefully correctly) that the whole of this 8m will be given to NA to purchase player(s) .One would like to think that his recruitment will be of a better standard than Hughton''s though I guess the chances of us having two managers on the trot who buy certain players, then proceed to play tactics that in no way suit them, must be pretty slim.....

Agreed Reggie, it will be a good bit of business as long as we use the money received to strengthen the squad!

Wiz

So let me get this straight in my own mind?

You think Norwich should ''rip their arm off'' to sell our PoTS to Hull so that the club can sell out its fans for their 8 million pieces of silver???

Following the logic (crazy even to try with a Wiz OP I appreciate but ...) that can only mean that you are NOT a. Norwich fan surely?

QED.

Taking £6-8 million now or let him walk away for free in 12 months time seems a no brainer to me irrespective of your views on Snodgrass and as we have no external debt why the concern that the money might not be ploughed into the playing budget.

Oh and as for Snoddy

I will be sorry to see him go but the silver lining hopefully will be the chance to see Elliott. Bennet get some game time to develop...

For 8 million quid probably a fair deal for us...

I don''t think it is the right deal for him though...Hull have a difficult second season coming up...odds on a second successive reflection for Snods can''t be high!

I would doubt it is any where near £8m One thing we do know from the accounts is that these ''fees'' are never accurateAnd the conkured up figure is never explained ie what it actually constitutesSome may remember the guff about David Strikavas'' £750,000 transfer fee, that turned out to be the total of his wages

[quote user="City1st"]I would doubt it is any where near £8m One thing we do know from the accounts is that these ''fees'' are never accurateAnd the conkured up figure is never explained ie what it actually constitutesSome may remember the guff about David Strikavas'' £750,000 transfer fee, that turned out to be the total of his wages

[/quote]That''s really what I meant when I said ''the devil will be in the detail'' earlier C1stTilly, I don''t think there is any ''concern'' over whether the funds will be put into the transfer budget, but, as C1st points out, until we know the full  details (will we ever ??!!), it''s difficult to say with any precision just what figure NA will have in his coffers.

Or rather than be suspicious about it all, perhaps just believe that the deal is as good as it looks, and the money will be spent?

[quote user="killiecanary"]Wiz So let me get this straight in my own mind? You think Norwich should ''rip their arm off'' to sell our PoTS to Hull so that the club can sell out its fans for their 8 million pieces of silver??? Following the logic (crazy even to try with a Wiz OP I appreciate but ...) that can only mean that you are NOT a. Norwich fan surely? QED.[/quote]

Don''t believe the anti Wiz hype on here killie, my first City game was in 1957, I was also a season ticket holder for many years ( Barclay Stand until my legs completely gave in) now I only go if my family treat me to a ticket in the Community Area (spaces permitting)

Other than that believe what you will. [:|]

[quote user="morty"]Lol.....[/quote]

Up yours! [:|]

According to the Hull Daily Mail it''s £7m with another £1m in add-ons. There may be details like staged payments or something like that, but otherwise it seems straight enough. Thank goodness we have McNally''s emphasis on ''football first'' to insure that any money coming in will be used for players.

Personally, I''m disappointed about it. We can throw as much money at it as we like, but it''s very unlikely that we''ll be able to attract somebody as good as Snodgrass in our current position. Vexes me that a lot of the people that seem so happy to see Snodgrass go are the same ones that wail about ''lack of ambition''. Yes his form wasn''t as good last season, but even off form he was still one of our best players: Ranked 66th statistically out of all Premier League players last season. Kid yourself he won''t be missed if it cheers you up, by all means, but make no mistake you are kidding yourselves.

Even now, I''d still say hang on to him and let him go on a free next season is worthwhile in a bid to win promotion. £8m is peanuts next to the annual revenue from the Premier League.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol.....[/quote]

Up yours! [:|]

[/quote]
Poor, misunderstood Wiz[:(]

Don''t understand why I wake up and still see this thread as active. Wiz admits he''s just trolling - it''s ALL he does - so hardly surprising.

He''s not an NCFC fan - an NCFC fan doesn''t spend 90% of their time awake coming up with the next thing to criticise the club for, make a thread about it, and then get defensive when people point out he''s not actually an NCFC fan.

I''ve defended him a few times but it''s all pretty sad and depressing - and embarrassing. But hey-ho.