Sign in to follow this  
#

Selling out our fans for a few pieces of silver.

Oh shut up you old codger! It''s great business, we can sort out our leaky defence AND buy a decent creative midfielder with £8m. It''s hardly like we''re short of wingers.

£8m for a player with one year left on his contract is an excellent deal. Especially when that player is hard to accomodate into the team - if Snodgrass plays you have to put in on the right wing and watch him endlessly cut inside.

It is well worth remembering how awful he was for the first half of the season and how many on here called out for him to go after he started giving abuse to the Snakepit.

I''m happy with the deal, especially if we now see Bennett getting to start on the right wing and get in behind players, rather than dawdling around in front of them.

lol - its a great deal,  especially if the money is invested in strengthening the squad.   Not unexpected depature and we will evolve.

Plenty of twists and turns yet in this window - and far from being in the alleged baggies position where they are offering refunds to season ticket holders following the announcement of their new manager...

Its such a good deal I think they should have an open top bus parade with the sack of cash.

I''d drive him there myself for less.

Hopefully we will get that attacking midfielder now and go forward with pace and quality.

If only Snodgrass was half as good as he thought he was.

Wiz did you not say ''rip their hands off'' yesterday

Make your mind up please

[quote user="Yobocop"]Wiz did you not say ''rip their hands off'' yesterday Make your mind up please[/quote]

His mind is easily made up - the view depends on which post will lavish him with most attention on that particular day...

The team will be better without Snoddy in it. Bennett will hopefully get his long awaited chance to shine.This isn''t a case of prudence and you know it Wiz.

[quote user="Yobocop"]Wiz did you not say ''rip their hands off'' yesterday Make your mind up please[/quote]

Of course I did. ...............its brilliant buisness........if the money is spent. [;)]

Good price for him and he was always going to go , if he left Leeds for Prem football then walking out on us would come easy to him .Do you trust Adams to spend the cash (if he''s given it) wisely though is a whole different question , the most money we have ever had to spend at this level and a rookie with his hands on it .

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

His mind is easily made up - the view depends on which post will lavish him with most attention on that particular day...

[/quote]

And yet you replied....

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Wiz in u-turn shock Again.[/quote]

No U turn at all.  

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]

Do you trust Adams to spend the cash (if he''s given it) wisely though is a whole different question , the most money we have ever had to spend at this level and a rookie with his hands on it .

[/quote]

I think thats why royle, holt and the phantom TD are there to help.   And most of this summers targets have already been scouted by Chester and his  for some time anyway.   Any potential signing is a gamble,  irrespective of the fee.  

Grabban is a solid start as the only signing made during Adams reign (probably the way to put in nowadays,  rather than adams signing) - will see how many  more follow by the end of August.

Centre back,  right back and creative midfielder with this cash and the parachute money

What are our confirmed changes so far

In

Grabban

returning loanees 

Rudd

Surman

Out

(Snodgrass)

Fox

Nash

departing loanees

elmander,

yobo,

guittirez

It''s only a good deal IF

IF the money goes into the squad.

IF we get a good defender or two in

IF we get our midfield sorted which Hooton never did.

What IF the money just gets popped in the coffers. This good deal may get questioned later down the line.

Very happy with this for two reasons, the cash and the balance of the team.

Begs the question now, did Snodgrass pick his own game up second half of the season purely to put himself in the shop window feeling we would be relegated?

Loyalty in the shirt my rear end!

Why are people constantly asking for a right back. Surely the two we have are more than adequate for the championship?

Prem no champ surely?

This is a very good deal, if the figures suggested are accurate.

He has been a good player for us in many ways, but a right winger who is not particularly quick and can''t cross with his right foot did unbalance the team and reduce chances for the strikers. It''s significant that when Scotland did eventually select him, in at least one game he played in the centre.

We shall miss his goals from free kicks, but if we have effective strikers and either Benno or Redders on the right we may well not lose much threat.

Above all, with £7m plus we can invest and sign someone to improve the defence or central midfield.

[quote user="lharman7"]Very happy with this for two reasons, the cash and the balance of the team.

Begs the question now, did Snodgrass pick his own game up second half of the season purely to put himself in the shop window feeling we would be relegated?

Loyalty in the shirt my rear end![/quote]
No.  his wife had a difficult pregnacy and when Snod Jr arrived his form picked up.

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="lharman7"]Very happy with this for two reasons, the cash and the balance of the team.

Loyalty in the shirt my rear end![/quote]
No.  his wife had a difficult pregnacy and when Snod Jr arrived his form picked up.
[/quote]

Pft!!!

As pointed out you said you would "rip there arm off" for that Snodgrass deal yet you start a thread against the sale of said player the next day?

Are you angry because they haven''t spent the money they haven''t received yet on a replacement in the last 24 hrs?

Help me understand Wiz. Is there anything to understand or is it some lazy trolling again?

It''s a couple of hours off his journey back to Glasgow, he''ll be saving a fortune in petrol.

as said before, If Pilkington and Benno had been fit last season I doubt Snodgrass would have made 15 games for us.

he isn''t worth 8 million and we should be laughing all the way to the bank! a decent servent and I wish him well but I honestly think in 12 months time we will be saying "Robert Who??"...

we will sign better with the money... Snodders will be a championship player again with Hull after next season.

Wiz''s pathetic attempts at attention seeking yet again ruin the board for proper fans. Isn''t it time you had a girly strop and cleared off again? Please?

It''s a crap deal IMO as we are losing a guy that scored nearly 20% of our goals & was clearly our Player Of The Year last year. Obvioously gave a damn on the pitch too...

£7/8m? How much will be add ons and how much will be cash up front?

Willing to give Lafferty a chance but please lets not pretend we are stronger if he joins & Snoddy goes.

Time will tell & I hope I''m wrong but gutted he''s going.

[quote user="Wiz"][/quote]
[quote user="Wiz"]£8 million?.............rip their bloody hands off![/quote] <<<8:57pm last night on the "Looks like Snoddy is off" thread.
Fu(k off you boring, attention seeking fu(kwit.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Wiz in u-turn shock Again.[/quote]

No U turn at all.  

[/quote]
No U turn, just a sad old man with too much time and a desperate need for attention since nobody bothers with the pr1ck in the real world