Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Really hope we keep one of Hooper or RVW

Both of them are a level above Lafferty and Grabban.

Adams had to change things up top and we have to be realistic about the type of players we can sign when other areas of the squad need work, especially if we don''t want to lose too many players.

Lafferty is a big man, we do miss one of those. Grabban looks decent but one great season really.

I just really hope that the plan is to go into next season with either one of Hooper or RVW as our main man.

Lots of people calling for us to sign Rhodes, but with a bit of confidence either of those players will score 20+ in this division.

I''d be truly gutted if we end up going into next season with Grabban, Lafferty, Becchio, and Loza.

If we can go into next season with Grabban, Lafferty, Hooper, Loza - perhaps that will be perfectly good enough.

We will keep 1 of them definately.

Signing of Lafferty will signal the end for Becchio. Adams didnt even fancy Becchio to get on the bench in those last 5 games.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Both of them are a level above Lafferty and Grabban.

Adams had to change things up top and we have to be realistic about the type of players we can sign when other areas of the squad need work, especially if we don''t want to lose too many players.

Lafferty is a big man, we do miss one of those. Grabban looks decent but one great season really.

I just really hope that the plan is to go into next season with either one of Hooper or RVW as our main man.

Lots of people calling for us to sign Rhodes, but with a bit of confidence either of those players will score 20+ in this division.

I''d be truly gutted if we end up going into next season with Grabban, Lafferty, Becchio, and Loza.

If we can go into next season with Grabban, Lafferty, Hooper, Loza - perhaps that will be perfectly good enough.[/quote]

Grabban has 1 Championship season better than Hooper''s 1 Championship season.

Both should go, if one is kept, RvW.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Keep both. We will need 4 or 5 options up top.[/quote]Spot on Jimmy. This is a tough league and with injuries, loss of form etc we''ll need that number to keep things fresh. And, unless we''ve been misinformed or he''s a reformed character ,it does look as though Mr Lafferty has a few yellow/red cards , and qed suspensions in him !

hooper is the only one im bothered about keepingwolf is too lightweight and becchio hasnt played first team football for ages

grabban, lafferty, hooper and loza is not too bad, even morris might be a decent option, i wont be surprised to see grabban used out on the right as much as he is central

my biggest concern is the lack of apparent activity in regards to a left winger (hey at least we might finally see redmond played as a right winger now snodarse is leaving) and the centre of defence, desperately need someone to replace bassong and play alongside either bennett or turner

I think we need both RvW and Hooper to stay. Too many people look at Lafferty''s height and assume he''s a target man hanging around the goalmouth for tap-ins. He''s actually quite a skillful player who can play WL as well as up front. Grabban is similarly both a striker and a right winger, and could well play wide much of the time. With plenty of pace on both wings (including Redmond, Bennett and Murphy as well), RvW and Hooper will thrive in the middle of either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, not to mention the 4-4-2.

Yelloow Since 72 - Thank you, I''ve been trying to tell people this about Lafferty. He''s not actually very good with his head, but makes up for that by being very good with his feet. Strange player.

Most importantly he works hard and puts himself about - bit like Holty used to.

Why do people automatically think Loza will be one of our top four strikers. I''d expect him to be gradually introduced during the season, maybe blood him in in cup games.I feel Becchio may well depart, and if we''re left with RVW, Hooper, Grabban & Lafferty, with Loza as backup, I''d be well happy.If we do go for McCormack or Deeney, then I could see either RVW or Hoops heading off