Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Stephen Kingsley (Left Back)

The main transfer rumour page for Championship clubs tweeted this morning

@Transfer_News24: Norwich trying to hijack Falkirk left back Stephen Kingsley''s proposed move to Swansea.

Not a clue who he is, so if anyone does please enlighten me if he''s any decent. it would make sense with Holt''s connections with Falkirk, and the likelihood that Olsson leaves.

[quote user="Jack''s Back"]The main transfer rumour page for Championship clubs tweeted this morning

@Transfer_News24: Norwich trying to hijack Falkirk left back Stephen Kingsley''s proposed move to Swansea.

Not a clue who he is, so if anyone does please enlighten me if he''s any decent. it would make sense with Holt''s connections with Falkirk, and the likelihood that Olsson leaves.

Not a clue who he is. I will be very disappointed if Olsson leaves. Should have been our POTS IMO due to his consistency.

if true its an interesting one;  as far as i can see we only have two possible selling points to put ourselves ahead of Swansea (prem team,  probably better wages, progressive club etc) one of which is Gary Holt and the second is the possible advantage of getting a regular first team slot;   now for the latter to happen means... 

If going to any club for back up surely you would chose the club paying the highest wages or sitting in the highest league to warm a bench at? 

It was always going to be likely that one of Olsson or Garrido would move on, both are likely on big wages.

I''d rather Garrido moved on than Olsson, but then again he would probably be a tremendous player in the Championship so not too worried.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]It was always going to be likely that one of Olsson or Garrido would move on, both are likely on big wages. I''d rather Garrido moved on than Olsson, but then again he would probably be a tremendous player in the Championship so not too worried.[/quote]

It could just be that as Olsson is left footed and we have (near as damnit) lost our usual right winger this means that Redmond will be played on the right and Olsson moved up to play left wing with Kingsley and Garrido vying for the lef back slot. From a personal perspective I do like Olsson as a winger, he has pace to spare, can whip in a decent ball and protects his fullback well. If we throw in overlapping fullbacks, which Garrido apparently used to excel at (before Hughton) and we have a very fluid looking left side with those two swapping at will.

[quote user="cornish sam"]

It could just be that as Olsson is left footed and we have (near as damnit) lost our usual right winger this means that Redmond will be played on the right and Olsson moved up to play left wing with Kingsley and Garrido vying for the lef back slot. From a personal perspective I do like Olsson as a winger, he has pace to spare, can whip in a decent ball and protects his fullback well. If we throw in overlapping fullbacks, which Garrido apparently used to excel at (before Hughton) and we have a very fluid looking left side with those two swapping at will.[/quote]

Second this. But it surely would mean the end of Pilkington. I think Olsson is better as a fullback than a winger/midfielder. He has the engine to do both jobs though, but prefer his pace in the backline.

Pilkington hasn''t really done anything in a yellow shirt for 18 months now, doesn''t look the same player that he was.

Maybe he needs a fresh start somewhere, or maybe injuries have taken their toll. Either way I wouldn''t be sad to see him go.

Pilkington is the best wide-midfielder at the club. He just needs a manager that is going to give him confidence and be patient with him. Huhghton may have been patient, but he certainally didn''t give him any confidence. I would be unhappy if he was sold.

It''s possible that Adams wants to push Olsson further forward. Would mean we have another naturally left footed wide player to counteract Snodgrass going.

Pilks and Olsson on the left, Benno and Redders on the right. Murphey''s as cover. Job done.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]It was always going to be likely that one of Olsson or Garrido would move on, both are likely on big wages.

I''d rather Garrido moved on than Olsson, but then again he would probably be a tremendous player in the Championship so not too worried.[/quote]

Lets stop using wages as a reason for players moving on, McNasty has already stated on several occasions that all players had relegation clauses in their contract. Their salaries will reduce, that may make the players reconsider their position, but the club are good financially so wont sell for this reason. Failure to get promotion this season may mean that we have to offload some players due to reduced umbrella payments, but nothing urgent right now.

He also said that turnover will halve.

They may be getting a salary reduction but they won''t be halving their salaries.

So right back at ya... please stop using the wage reduction as a reason for players staying.

curiously we ''highjacked'' Ryan Bennett''s transfer to Swanseahe was actually on the motorway down there at the time !

I guess there is a strong possibility one of Olsson or Garrido will move, and Olsson is possible the only player other than Ruddy that I would personally be very upset see go, he is absolute class.

As for Kingsley, then Gary Holt would be a strong reason for him to join even over being a bench warmer at Swansea.

[quote user="City1st"]curiously we ''highjacked'' Ryan Bennett''s transfer to Swanseahe was actually on the motorway down there at the time !

[/quote]Do you think you''re in the know or something?EVERYBODY knows that..

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Pilkington is the best wide-midfielder at the club. He just needs a manager that is going to give him confidence and be patient with him.[/quote]Maybe he was 2 years ago but not now. What he needs, and probably wants, is a move out. You cannot afford to be patient with a player who (a) is injured more often than not and (b) who produced nothing of note on the rare occasions that he was fit last season.

If there is any truth in this, I imagine that as no one knows the player, he is regarded as one for the future.

Perhaps Gary Holt recommended him, and perhaps he will sign for Norwich because Gary is back with us.

Salopian always helps that you read an entire thread before commenting... the post before yours said "signed for Swansea".

So no.... he won''t sign for Norwich, because he has already signed for Swansea.