Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Kyle Lafferty To Sign

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i feel so deflated at this signing its untrue. No only is he no better as a target man than Becchio who in his last half season in the Champ scored 20 goals before Jan it probably means one or more of our other strikers will leave. Who would actually do a much better job in the Champ than this beanpole.

Anymore like this and the season ticket will be returned faster than those two who threw them at Gunn![/quote]

With that attitude, I''m surprised you''ve still got a season ticket. 

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i feel so deflated at this signing its untrue. No only is he no better as a target man than Becchio who in his last half season in the Champ scored 20 goals before Jan it probably means one or more of our other strikers will leave. Who would actually do a much better job in the Champ than this beanpole. Anymore like this and the season ticket will be returned faster than those two who threw them at Gunn![/quote]

Some Palermo fans are considering a protest due to being upset that Lafferty has been sold. He''s a strong fans'' favourite there so can''t be that awful. But then you''ve obviously seen him play in the last couple of season to make such a strong judgement on him.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i feel so deflated at this signing its untrue. No only is he no better as a target man than Becchio who in his last half season in the Champ scored 20 goals before Jan it probably means one or more of our other strikers will leave. Who would actually do a much better job in the Champ than this beanpole. Anymore like this and the season ticket will be returned faster than those two who threw them at Gunn![/quote]

Now that either shows a real lack of confidence in the ability of Laffertey or a lack of appreciation as to Becchio''s talents. It''s true that he scored 20 goals in his last half season at Leeds but to describe him as a target man is well wide of the mark.

This could be an inspired signing or it could be a dire one, I remain unconvinced, but that''s due to not having seen anything of him. From all accounts however, he IS a target man and that is something we have been sorely missing.

If you look at the traits of some of the most successful people, notably sports starts, there is often an element of controversy about them because they are bold and brave in personality and are prepared to be controversial as opposed to just following the crowd.

He sounds like an ambitious young man (well he''s my age!) who could probably teach some of Englands youngsters a thing or two. He could easily have rotted away in England but he gambled and went abroad and had success there. Obviously when you make bold choices they are sometimes wrong. I sometimes wish I was a bit more bold rather than just following the 9-5 train. Fair play to him. He''ll have outgrown the silly playacting phase (Mulgrew incident) and he''s clearly talented.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Some Palermo fans are considering a protest due to being upset that Lafferty has been sold. He''s a strong fans'' favourite there so can''t be that awful. But then you''ve obviously seen him play in the last couple of season to make such a strong judgement on him.

[/quote]BYG - I can''t recall having seen him at Carrow Road and don''t really know much about him. Some of the others put a doubt in mind by saying that although he wasn''t tall his hold up play isn''t that good. Do you know anything?

I think that some are also reading a bit too much into the chairman''s comments as well. He was trying to justify to his fans why they weren''t taking the whole of his ownership off FC Sion and there had also been a clash between LAffertey and the manager that no one seems to have mentioned in this thread at all.

Last night someone posted a link to an Italian Journalist''s twitter feed, in that there was an epsiode recounted which to paraphrase said that at the promotion party Laffertey stole the managers beloved hat and threw it across the room (the cad) and the manager was a bit miffed at this and said "You''ll never play for me again", everyone thought he was joking, lo and behold, he didn''t play in the last 4 games of the season and gets sold to us....

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

BYG - I can''t recall having seen him at Carrow Road and don''t really know much about him. Some of the others put a doubt in mind by saying that although he wasn''t tall his hold up play isn''t that good. Do you know anything?
[/quote]

Rather randomly I was on holiday in Sciliy and saw the Trapani - Palermo derby, Lafferty was brought on for Palermo and scored the winning goal. He compeltely changed the game around for Palermo. From what I saw he is one of those tall strikers who is actually more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Not saying he is bad in the air, but don''t expect him to be like an Iwan Roberts or Dion flying into headers and dominating defenders. Was very impressed with what I saw that day (although Trapani aren''t the greatest team in the world obviously).

Opinions are like a$$ holes you''ve we''ve all got one so i guess we will see who is right come christmas.

I said after 5 games last year we would struggle and got chastised on this board for daring to say what i though so we will see i hope i am wrong though.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]This signing truly depresses me. The return of little ole norwich[/quote]

Who do expect us to sign then, Ronaldo!!

Get a grip, we are back in the Championship and will need Championship players to get us back out.

I can only comment on what I know about the player and it is much at first hand.

Relying on YouTube, who doesn''t, then it looks like we have bought a tall, rangy young man. He can shoot with both feet and looks as though he can look after himself. He looks able to pull either left or right in a two man attack and not be afraid to shoot on sight. And looks able to take free kicks.

I have no idea of the fee, its hard to figure out than buying a train ticket. But I assume it is far less than the money we will receive for Snodgrass.

Overall, the two signings, although obviously not the big names some people were expecting or hoping for, illustrate to me that we plan to adopt the style that brought us success before and for the likes of Burnley last season and that is power and pace up the middle against average at best Championship centre backs.

I believe there is a lot to look forward to.

[quote user=" Badger"]

BYG - I can''t recall having seen him at Carrow Road and don''t really know much about him. Some of the others put a doubt in mind by saying that although he wasn''t tall his hold up play isn''t that good. Do you know anything?[/quote]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Rather randomly I was on holiday in Sciliy and saw the Trapani - Palermo derby, Lafferty was brought on for Palermo and scored the winning goal. He compeltely changed the game around for Palermo. From what I saw he is one of those tall strikers who is actually more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Not saying he is bad in the air, but don''t expect him to be like an Iwan Roberts or Dion flying into headers and dominating defenders. Was very impressed with what I saw that day (although Trapani aren''t the greatest team in the world obviously).

[/quote]Thanks BYG - does he hold the ball up/ bring others in etc?

I don''t understand the hate. A big physical centre-forward is essential and since he''s played on the continent, I bet his technic is pretty good.

This reminds me of when City signed Keith Robson back in the 70''s. He had been a trouble maker at every club he played for but he was excellent throughout his career at City. Let''s cut the guy some slack, ffs!

[quote user="ricky knight"]WOW Must be red hot favourites for promotion now i am as excited as a turkey at Xmas.[/quote]

Yeah, well Neymar''s missus has him papering the landing after the WC and Messi is helping his Dad on his window cleaning round. Blokes only got one arm.

Otherwise I''m sure there wouldn''t be a reason why they wouldn''t move to Norwich.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Lafferty would be a good signing. In itself, as a sign that Adams already has a plan, and that he is being backed.[/quote]Excellent.

I''ve told a couple of Rangers fans we are signing Lafferty and they laugh so I''m hoping the extra years since he played for them has improved him. Ever hopeful. Maybe he can smash the ball at Ricky so it gets deflected in

He is not an upgrade on Elmander vlad666.

Elmander is a much better player who just like every striker seriously struggled under Hughton.

Lafferty has yet to excel anywhere, just a mediocre player who would be pants in the Premier League.

Just hope that we paid £1m rather than £5m for him!

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]He is not an upgrade on Elmander vlad666.

Elmander is a much better player who just like every striker seriously struggled under Hughton.

Lafferty has yet to excel anywhere, just a mediocre player who would be pants in the Premier League.

Just hope that we paid £1m rather than £5m for him![/quote]I think we need to see him play for city before we put him down !!!!!!!!!

]He is not an upgrade on Elmander

Just hope that we paid £1m rather than £5m for him![

£4M according to Transfermarkt which is reasonably reliable i am afraid. This does seem to be at least a Million over the top and if the reports from Italy are true borders on the bizzare

Still think we should wait till we see how he plays before giving up on him, hell he just might be a world beater, then again he just might be rubbish, you never know till he starts playing for us.